Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 14th 2016, 9:01 am
Just Joined

rtoddpm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Will do.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

destined is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Update on our application....

It has been approved as of today (14th October). They started the background check on Monday, and logged in this morning to find it all completed.

So excited! I will let you know when the letter arrives.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Decision made today! (317 days later)

Enquired about 'landing' within Canada but the Etobicoke office has a 2 week wait from the date that I receive COPR. So I'm better off making a quick trip down to the US.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

OK fellas, sponsor approval has gone through and file transferred to Ottawa.

What happens now? What will be the next indication I get that the file is proceeding?

Sorry for the impatience, but I am quite keen to get this PR shizz nailed down.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 5:52 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destined
Update on our application....

It has been approved as of today (14th October). They started the background check on Monday, and logged in this morning to find it all completed.

So excited! I will let you know when the letter arrives.
Originally Posted by CReg91

Enquired about 'landing' within Canada but the Etobicoke office has a 2 week wait from the date that I receive COPR. So I'm better off making a quick trip down to the US.
Congrats both of you, and updated!
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

AnDee3238 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update on our Application,

Medical Docs got passed on Sat 15th Oct....Main application got approved today 17th October...sooooo soooo happy and excited

thankyou British Expats for all your help, the forum & all the info provided have been so invaluable and has definitely helped no end....many many thanks
Old Oct 18th 2016, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnDee3238
Update on our Application,

Medical Docs got passed on Sat 15th Oct....Main application got approved today 17th October...sooooo soooo happy and excited

thankyou British Expats for all your help, the forum & all the info provided have been so invaluable and has definitely helped no end....many many thanks
Wow! That was relatively 'fast' for London! Please let us know when you receive your paper COPR. Congratulations indeed! Spreadsheet updated.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 7:35 am
Just Joined

danbsword is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CReg91

Congratulations CReg91!
Hope all goes well in the future!
Old Oct 18th 2016, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

dr_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

HELLO, GOOD NEWS TODAY!

DESCISION MADE TODAY WOOHOO!

On ECAS it's still in process, but on mycic my application has been approved. Also, they are sending me all the messages on mycic and im not sure if this one is the COPR or not:

You have now been issued your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form (IMM5292 or
IMM5688) for you and all accompanying dependants. Do not make any corrections to the COPR.
Do not sign the COPR until instructed to do so by an Immigration Officer at landing.
Please note that as of December 1, 2011, citizens of visa-exempt countries will not have a
counterfoil affixed to their passport. These applicants will only be issued a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (COPR). (THIS IS ONLY PART OF IT)

Im not sure if i need to expect something else coming in the mail.

Thank you very much everybody for helping me in this journey and good luck to everybody!
Old Oct 18th 2016, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dr_25
HELLO, GOOD NEWS TODAY!

DESCISION MADE TODAY WOOHOO!

On ECAS it's still in process, but on mycic my application has been approved. Also, they are sending me all the messages on mycic and im not sure if this one is the COPR or not:

You have now been issued your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form (IMM5292 or
IMM5688) for you and all accompanying dependants. Do not make any corrections to the COPR.
Do not sign the COPR until instructed to do so by an Immigration Officer at landing.
Please note that as of December 1, 2011, citizens of visa-exempt countries will not have a
counterfoil affixed to their passport. These applicants will only be issued a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (COPR). (THIS IS ONLY PART OF IT)

Im not sure if i need to expect something else coming in the mail.

Thank you very much everybody for helping me in this journey and good luck to everybody!
Certainly sounds like they are sending you the COPR by 'signed for' delivery to me! Congratulations. Spreadsheet updated. Please let us know when the COPR actually arrives.
Old Oct 18th 2016, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Wow! That was relatively 'fast' for London! Please let us know when you receive your paper COPR. Congratulations indeed! Spreadsheet updated.
Exactly what we thought too, VERY surprised it came through so quickly but so happy...will definitely let you know when COPR arrives through the post
Old Oct 19th 2016, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Another Update to Application

signed for COPR received through the post today,
Old Oct 19th 2016, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by AnDee3238
Another Update to Application

signed for COPR received through the post today,
Wow - they must really like you! Congratulations and thanks. Spreadsheet updated
Old Oct 20th 2016, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

toeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond reputetoeknee has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo

I received 2 messages through mycic this morning to notify me that my application has been approved. My COPR has been issued and I have a year to 'land'.

My background check 'in progress' notification was only received yesterday, so I can only guess that mine was a pretty straight forward application.

Ecas is still showing 'In process' but I'm sure it will catch up!

Thanks to anyone who has helped and assisted on the way. And this site for it's amazing wiki section and FAQs.

Good Luck to one and all waiting for their application to be completed.
Old Oct 20th 2016, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by toeknee
Woohoo
I received 2 messages through mycic this morning to notify me that my application has been approved. My COPR has been issued and I have a year to 'land'.

My background check 'in progress' notification was only received yesterday, so I can only guess that mine was a pretty straight forward application.

Ecas is still showing 'In process' but I'm sure it will catch up!

Thanks to anyone who has helped and assisted on the way. And this site for it's amazing wiki section and FAQs.

Good Luck to one and all waiting for their application to be completed.
Congratulations! Please let us know when your paper COPR comes through the door. Spreadsheet updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.