Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Apr 15th 2015, 3:24 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by doctore
Hi mec - thanks! I've not received any requests for extra information but I have read a few posts from people who have requested GCMS notes and found there was a request for information that they never received. I hope that's not the case for either of us! Have you involved your MP yet?
Haven't contacted my MP yet... I don't think it's an effective use of her time. There are much more important matters I'm sure! I'm not in a bad situation... just very frustrated.

I'm waiting to see what the notes say before I take this step.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

EG2015 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
I called the helpline today regarding my medical, following the email I received saying it had not been uploaded by the clinic. The call centre were very helpful and confirmed that the medical has now been received.
Old Apr 15th 2015, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Emmz28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

So my husband received his sponsor approval today and our application is being sent to London. Please can you update the spreadsheet thank you!
Old Apr 15th 2015, 9:59 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Updated, thanks! You are the first one to go to London in 2015.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

We are starting to get a bit dismayed and concerned now. Looking at the spreadsheet everyone who applied in the same month as me has gotten their AOR and the Stage 1Approval.

I called the call Centre and they have not even taken any action on my file. Nothing. I've called, emailed and all sorts but have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do as this is surely not on is it? I'm a month over the date stated on the CIC website....
Old Apr 16th 2015, 2:10 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Hi all,

We are starting to get a bit dismayed and concerned now. Looking at the spreadsheet everyone who applied in the same month as me has gotten their AOR and the Stage 1Approval.

I called the call Centre and they have not even taken any action on my file. Nothing. I've called, emailed and all sorts but have heard nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do as this is surely not on is it? I'm a month over the date stated on the CIC website....
Time to get your MP involved methinks. You've exhausted pretty much every other option. MP is the way to go.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

dillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the roughdillisodhi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Time to get your MP involved methinks. You've exhausted pretty much every other option. MP is the way to go.
Thanks for getting back so quickly ma'am.

Is this the UK or Canadian MP? do these guys really help - I mean what do I say to them?

Or would I be better off cancelling and then re-applying in the hope that next time my file isn't picked up by some incompetent low life (sorry - very angry)
Old Apr 16th 2015, 2:20 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by dillisodhi
Thanks for getting back so quickly ma'am.

Is this the UK or Canadian MP? do these guys really help - I mean what do I say to them?

Or would I be better off cancelling and then re-applying in the hope that next time my file isn't picked up by some incompetent low life (sorry - very angry)
Canadian MP, find out who it is based on where you plan on living, or where you/your OH has family.

Don't cancel and reapply. Just a question of poking the right person.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

thanks buddy
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

RJ2014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Hello,
I did a filter on the 2014 spreadsheet for Mississauga offices and London UK VAC cases. Only 4 popped up, including mine. I see a member named Britishbob who was sponsor approved on March 2nd and asked for passport/decision made on March 3rd. How did this case wrap up so quickly? Another member names Raze, who submitted maybe 1 week (5 business days) before me, that case was also approved in February 2015. What was different in these two cases? Any details would be appreciated
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RJ2014
Hello,
I did a filter on the 2014 spreadsheet for Mississauga offices and London UK VAC cases. Only 4 popped up, including mine. I see a member named Britishbob who was sponsor approved on March 2nd and asked for passport/decision made on March 3rd. How did this case wrap up so quickly? Another member names Raze, who submitted maybe 1 week (5 business days) before me, that case was also approved in February 2015. What was different in these two cases? Any details would be appreciated
The mentioned user's applications went to Mississauga. Mississauga is known for completing applications very quickly.

Talking of which visa office has your application for stage 2? It will say in your sponsor approval letter. I need this for the spreadsheet.
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Canadian MP, find out who it is based on where you plan on living, or where you/your OH has family.

Don't cancel and reapply. Just a question of poking the right person.
Called my wife's MP in Oakville. Her office see this kind of thing time to time but always for people already in Canada. They seem happy to help so
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:39 pm
Concierge

Terence Young, or the other half of Oakville? (That's my stomping grounds!)

Anyway, glad they are going to be able to look into it for you!
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:43 pm
JZS
Just Joined

JZS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys. Ok so yesterday I got good news and stressful news at the same time and I don't know what to make of this. Let me know if anyone has heard of a similar situation as what is happening with the applicants file.

I checked ECAS and this is what was on it:

"2.We started processing your application on April 8, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on April 13, 2015 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

My wife (the applicant) called CIC and asked them what the decision was and that we have not received an email as yet and what is the outcome. They replied with your lawyer will receive it, Sponsor has been approved, file is being sent to KENYA for further processing.

Good news is I am approved. Stressfull fact is my wife is not KENYAN, She has an ILR from England, lived in England for 5 or so years before she came to Canada after our wedding to live with me. She is an Indian passport holder but never lived there. Nothing to do with KENYA except the fact that she was born there and was a student in Tanzania for 2 years in 2011 which expired!

What is going on? Has anyone had a similar situation where the file went to a different country where they have no ties?
Old Apr 16th 2015, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

RJ2014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
The mentioned user's applications went to Mississauga. Mississauga is known for completing applications very quickly.

Talking of which visa office has your application for stage 2? It will say in your sponsor approval letter. I need this for the spreadsheet.
Hi Andrew,
All 4 applications went to the Mississauga office and the stage 2 are all in the London UK office. Mine is the same, so I was wondering whats the difference between the applications such that mine is taking longer? Lol, so anxious!
RJ2014

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.