Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 14th 2014, 9:19 am
Just Joined

bluemarlin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Received sponsorship approval Monday, November 10th I had to call and bug them though because we were at 56 days by that point. I was reading on the CanadaVisa forum that many people call when their applications exceed the posted sponsorship processing times and they end up receiving sponsorship approval the same day. Since the same happened to us, I am convinced this is no coincidence...

Unfortunately, I guess we will to be removed from the London spreadsheet at this point, as they have decided to process our application in Ankara my husband is Turkish, but we live in London, so we requested our application to be processed here. Now possibly looking at 14+ months processing time, so we are not too happy about that. Doesn't seem quite fair, when some applications at other offices are being processed in 2 months total! I guess they decided "local knowledge" was required.

Best of luck to all you London applicants, guess we will now be posting on an Ankara thread for the rest of the waiting process!
Old Nov 14th 2014, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

pdlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

If I don't receive copr in the mail today I want to contact London and ask them to resend it or if they have any tracking info. Does anyone have any advice how to phrase the email? Thanks
Old Nov 14th 2014, 1:14 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluemarlin
Received sponsorship approval Monday, November 10th I had to call and bug them though because we were at 56 days by that point. I was reading on the CanadaVisa forum that many people call when their applications exceed the posted sponsorship processing times and they end up receiving sponsorship approval the same day. Since the same happened to us, I am convinced this is no coincidence...

Unfortunately, I guess we will to be removed from the London spreadsheet at this point, as they have decided to process our application in Ankara my husband is Turkish, but we live in London, so we requested our application to be processed here. Now possibly looking at 14+ months processing time, so we are not too happy about that. Doesn't seem quite fair, when some applications at other offices are being processed in 2 months total! I guess they decided "local knowledge" was required.

Best of luck to all you London applicants, guess we will now be posting on an Ankara thread for the rest of the waiting process!
Sorry to year your application didn't end up staying in London after that, but at least you haven't been transferred somewhere with a 24+ month wait time - those offices certainly exist! Don't forget the quoted time is also for 80% of cases, and if yours is a straight-forward one then hopefully you come in under that 14 months. Do let us know once you have approval either way. Good luck!

Originally Posted by pdlodge
If I don't receive copr in the mail today I want to contact London and ask them to resend it or if they have any tracking info. Does anyone have any advice how to phrase the email? Thanks
If it were me, I would say something like:

I applied for PR via the family class on 3 March, and got Decision Made on ECAS on 6 October, over a month ago. My file number is xxx and my CID is xxx. I have still not received communication of the decision that was made, whether it was a rejection letter, or whether it was COPR. My address is correct on ECAS. I am concerned that the letter or COPR has been misplaced. If someone could please let me know how to proceed, it would be appreciated.

I can be reached at [email] or on my mobile at +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Thanks in advance,
pdlodge

Send it both through the case-specific inquiry page, and directly by email.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

Received COPR in the mail yesterday. FINALLY.

Thanks to everyone for putting up with me ranting, me and my partner would have gone mental if it weren't for the answers I found on here.

Now....anyone wanna drive me to the border? :P
Old Nov 14th 2014, 4:38 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psynergy

Thanks to everyone for putting up with me ranting, me and my partner would have gone mental if it weren't for the answers I found on here.

Congrats!! Have a good crossing
Old Nov 14th 2014, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by psynergy

Congrats on finally receiving your COPR!! If your like me I expect your holding onto it like its the most important piece of paper n the world ever

Hop on the GO train/Bus or Via to Niagara and go across the rainbow bridge! Easy peasy.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 6:36 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dumpweed453
My ECAS just got updated to Decision Made. When they say they will contact me in writing that should be the email asking for new passport photos and envelopes right? Im so nervous!! I hope it's not bad news.
Okay, now I'm officially obsessed... you are the line above me in the spreadsheet, both app received and SA approval 3 business days before mine, and you are based in Toronto.

If we keep on the same path my DM is due Monday then race is on for who gets COPR first

....of course I know CIC is not predictable like that, but it's Friday afternoon so allow me to dream
Old Nov 14th 2014, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

dumpweed453 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mec
Okay, now I'm officially obsessed... you are the line above me in the spreadsheet, both app received and SA approval 3 business days before mine, and you are based in Toronto.

If we keep on the same path my DM is due Monday then race is on for who gets COPR first

....of course I know CIC is not predictable like that, but it's Friday afternoon so allow me to dream
Hahaa well hopefully yours is confirmed soon! I'll let you know when my COPR arrives; I've checked the mailbox three times today, even though I'm well aware it has to be signed for. Too eager hah.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Fruit Juice is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Just an update:

We landed at Toronto Airport on 28th October. The whole process was easy peesy. Immigration and Social Insurance Number took about 45 mins. The longest wait was an actual wait to get to Customs. There were only 2 officers on and it seemed that the 8 people in front of us had to get their items checked and/or interviewed. We brought our Yorkshire Terrier with us and she was in her crate eager to get out. They stamped our B4 forms without even looking at them and we paid the release for our dog and away we went.

We shipped all our worldly goods with Pickfords. The container was packed up and left me on 23rd October. We got a call from their Canadian arm on 7th Nov to say our container was already in Canada! We were able to clear it through customs in London Airport (instead of Toronto Airport!) which was only 10 mins away from us. Again a quick process. COPR, passport and B4 forms, along with the customs info. It was faxed to where the container was being held and on 12th Nov our goods were delivered out

All in all a pretty seemless process.

A note for anyone who has a job that requires a police check though. You need to have one that is less than 6 months old. Mine was 12 months, which is outside their protocols. Please get a new one in the last few months before you immigrate otherwise you will need to get one when you are here, which can take time and slow down the process of getting a job and/or volunteering.

Good luck to all and believe me, your dreams will come true soon enough
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Hello all, glad to see people's applications moving forwards
So we called the CIC line last week, and were informed that they had recieved our application, it had a file open, but not even our address had been added to the file. We then emailed them as directed to change our address, and received an email back the next day not mentioning our change of address, but informing us we have 40 or so days to get an Option C print out to them, and that they wont be touching our application until then as it is currently incomplete :/ Pretty certain we sent it with the application, but hey ho...
Old Nov 15th 2014, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

MinsterMan83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Small update:

For those wondering on a timeline for COPR from London, mine took 18 days.
Flying out just after New Year.

Good luck to all those waiting.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

summerdaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I received a request for a copy of my passport, 2 photos and an updated information chart.

Can I just double check...in the information chart do I need to fill in my Canadian spouse's details in the spouse/partner column? Or is that just for if my spouse was also being sponsored?

Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by summerdaze
Today I received a request for a copy of my passport, 2 photos and an updated information chart.

Can I just double check...in the information chart do I need to fill in my Canadian spouse's details in the spouse/partner column? Or is that just for if my spouse was also being sponsored?

Thanks
We filled my details (the Canadian sponsoring spouse) in the spouse column on my husband's form. Not sure how necessary it is, but we did it, and had no problems.

Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:00 am
Just Joined

TomJoons is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
Could you add me to the spreadsheet please?
I thought my application was being processed in London UK and CPC-Ottawa was just the contact point, but it seems from the update on the spreadsheet that my application is actually being processed there despite having "been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing"?

Application Received in Mississauga: August 27th, 2014 (based on delivery time of tracked royal mail postage)
Common Law/Married: Common-Law
Sponsor Approval: October 20th 2014
Processing Office: London UK, but being processed in Ottawa

Thanks

Thank you
Old Nov 18th 2014, 1:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TomJoons
Hello,
Could you add me to the spreadsheet please?
I thought my application was being processed in London UK and CPC-Ottawa was just the contact point, but it seems from the update on the spreadsheet that my application is actually being processed there despite having "been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing"?

Application Received in Mississauga: August 27th, 2014 (based on delivery time of tracked royal mail postage)
Common Law/Married: Common-Law
Sponsor Approval: October 20th 2014
Processing Office: London UK, but being processed in Ottawa

Thanks

Thank you
Added, I need your location please (Column N). Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.