Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 6th 2015, 10:35 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

^ Added this question to the FAQ, thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2015, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P4rv1n
I went to Canada (Vancouver) may 2014 to go be with my husband (who is a Canadian citizen), and at the immigration part I explained to the CBSA officer the reasons why I was in Canada and that I wanted to stay under a temporary visitors permit, he asked me how long I wanted and I asked for a year, but he said he could not allow that length of time, but would give me 6 months and if after that I wanted to extend my stay I could.
So mid November when my 6 months was due to expire my husband and I went across the boarder (as he lives very close to it), shopped abit in the states and on the way back spoke to the CBSA officer at the booth and said I wanted to extend my stay in Vancouver.
I got sent in, spoke to a very polite CBSA officer explained I was married to my husband and had sent my spousal sponsorship form off, showed him the original receipt, showed him the marriage certificate, he asked me how long the waiting times were for the process, so I told him and he took my passport and came back stapling a paper in allowing me a full year as a visitor in Canada.
Awesome thanks for sharing!
Old Mar 7th 2015, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

kazana18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: "Medicals Received"

Our meds were done Sept 2014; application (including medical) was sent in Oct 20 214, and sponsorship approved Jan 8 2015.
Our ECAS currently says, "application received Oct 20 2014" but there is no mention of the medical. I see on the forum that other people have had confirmation of "medicals received" on ECAS.

Does this imply our medical has been lost or they have been unable to link it to our application in their system?
How long has this ECAS update taken for other people?
Old Mar 8th 2015, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

I don't know for others but we were able to log into Ecas the same day we got sponsorship approval and it from that first time said Medicals Received.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 1:10 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I would have expected medicals to be received by now if you had them done months ago.

Worth dropping CIC an email just to see what's up.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 4:14 am
Just Joined

kazana18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Schnookololy and Patterson,
Does "Medicals Received" appear under the Sponsorship status or PR status section, or elsewhere? I only see, "Application Received" for both, but it's been almost 7 months since it was sent off...
I'm (way too optimistically) hoping that I just haven't been looking in the right place...

Has anyone else had issues with Bryden Medical in Glasgow?
Old Mar 8th 2015, 6:09 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazana18
Thanks Schnookololy and Patterson,
Does "Medicals Received" appear under the Sponsorship status or PR status section, or elsewhere? I only see, "Application Received" for both, but it's been almost 7 months since it was sent off...
I'm (way too optimistically) hoping that I just haven't been looking in the right place...

Has anyone else had issues with Bryden Medical in Glasgow?
Hi,

'Medicals Results have been received' message will be under the PR status section, when you click on 'Application Received' status.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Decisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond repute

Hi -

Please can someone stop the panic setting in! I too have just read the timeframe for sponsorship applications as 29 months - an unbelievable increase since the last time I looked.

My application status is currently only stating this: We received your application for permanent residence on October 22, 2014.

However on January 17, 2015 my husband received notification from Mississauga that his sponsorship application had been approved and my application had been sent to London.

Then on 11th Feb - I received an email request for more id photographs (stating the originals were 'unsuitable' but no details as to why (despite following the instructions to the letter). I have since sent in new photographs but stupidly not by registered post, so now I have no idea if they have been received or not.

So from this can I conclude that my application is actually being processed as it only states that it has been 'received'?

We are all set to move over in June of this year and perhaps rather naively I had assumed i would have my PR in hand.

If I don't what do I do? Do I just go with no visa? My husband is Canadian, my kids have their Canadian citizenships so its just me.

Does this mean I can't work as planned? We own a UK business and the plan was to continue working for the UK and invoice the UK business. As I'm not intending to work for a Canadian company can I do this on a visitors visa? Can I drive a car, get healthcare etc? Can we get a joint mortgage?

Sorry for the list of Q's but I'm suddenly feeling extremely nervous about all of this!

Thanks for any replies
Old Mar 8th 2015, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Decisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond reputeDecisive moment has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Decisive moment
Hi -

Please can someone stop the panic setting in! I too have just read the timeframe for sponsorship applications as 29 months - an unbelievable increase since the last time I looked.

My application status is currently only stating this: We received your application for permanent residence on October 22, 2014.

However on January 17, 2015 my husband received notification from Mississauga that his sponsorship application had been approved and my application had been sent to London.

Then on 11th Feb - I received an email request for more id photographs (stating the originals were 'unsuitable' but no details as to why (despite following the instructions to the letter). I have since sent in new photographs but stupidly not by registered post, so now I have no idea if they have been received or not.

So from this can I conclude that my application is actually being processed as it only states that it has been 'received'?

We are all set to move over in June of this year and perhaps rather naively I had assumed i would have my PR in hand.

If I don't what do I do? Do I just go with no visa? My husband is Canadian, my kids have their Canadian citizenships so its just me.

Does this mean I can't work as planned? We own a UK business and the plan was to continue working for the UK and invoice the UK business. As I'm not intending to work for a Canadian company can I do this on a visitors visa? Can I drive a car, get healthcare etc? Can we get a joint mortgage?

Sorry for the list of Q's but I'm suddenly feeling extremely nervous about all of this!

Thanks for any replies
Ok, have now read your very informative FAQ and have taken your advice not to panic.

But i am still very confused about what I should do if (as is likely) i don't have my PR by the time we fly out in June. and what address do i give cic?

thanks
Old Mar 8th 2015, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

pauc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, the estimate of 29 months is due to applications from Islamabad being processed in London. The advice from the experienced ones in this thread is that it's not effecting the more straight forward applications so finger's crossed!

With regard to being in Canada while working remotely for a company outside Canada my understanding is that you can do this for a period of 183 days max as long as you don't work for Canadian clients.

CRA link: Non-residents of Canada

The important bit from that link I think is "As a non-resident of Canada, you pay tax on income you receive from sources in Canada."

There is a good thread about this here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...estion-844124/

Hopefully someone can answer your other questions. Good luck!
Old Mar 8th 2015, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

thank you for your reply, lots of useful advice in your links. I will have to stop reading now though or else i will never sleep tonight!
Old Mar 8th 2015, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

That's interesting, that's three of us on here that I know of that got a request for more photos as ours were unsuitable. I know I followed the original specs too... Any one have any ideas why this could be?
Old Mar 8th 2015, 11:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Decisive moment
Ok, have now read your very informative FAQ and have taken your advice not to panic.

But i am still very confused about what I should do if (as is likely) i don't have my PR by the time we fly out in June. and what address do i give cic?

thanks
You can enter Canada under Dual Intent - read this section of the Wiki: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki

That explains what you do when you get to Canada, what you need to show and tell the border agent, and how you deal with all of it.

Glad you aren't panicking!!
Old Mar 9th 2015, 2:21 am
Just Joined

rozzle89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patterson
That's interesting, that's three of us on here that I know of that got a request for more photos as ours were unsuitable. I know I followed the original specs too... Any one have any ideas why this could be?
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that CIC changed the photo specifications very recently and so, even if you submitted your application when the old specifications were in place, all applications going forward must adhere to the new specifications, hence the request!

-Rosie
Old Mar 9th 2015, 3:05 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rozzle89
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that CIC changed the photo specifications very recently and so, even if you submitted your application when the old specifications were in place, all applications going forward must adhere to the new specifications, hence the request!

-Rosie
The specs haven't changed. I checked the country specific guide IMM3901 for western Europe and the guidelines are the same as when I applied in July!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.