Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Nov 11th 2014, 5:36 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by andriasanders
I'm waiting for our COPR in the post. It is agony! The whole process has took 17months from the date it was received and yes they lost some of our application and then told us we has 10 days to get it to them or we would be rejected.
This has brought the word 'patience' to a whole new level.
Our ECAS says still 'In process' but we have had a email asking up to confirm our address.
Contact your MP, that is what we did!
Hang on, how do you know you've been approved?
Old Nov 12th 2014, 7:07 am
Just Joined

andriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond repute

We received this email on Oct 27th.

Dear Applicant,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We can confirm that this file is now ready for visa issuance. We will shortly be sending out your COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) document to you in the post.

Please confirm your current mailing address so that it matches what we have on file for you.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:09 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

We received this email on Oct 27th.

Dear Applicant,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We can confirm that this file is now ready for visa issuance. We will shortly be sending out your COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) document to you in the post.

Please confirm your current mailing address so that it matches what we have on file for you.
Awesome, that's great! I have on the spreadsheet that you were asked for RPRF on 30-Oct, was that 30-Oct last year? Or were you asked for RPRF after CIC said your visa was ready? Confused! Good news generally, though!
Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

andriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond reputeandriasanders has a reputation beyond repute

It was like year. We send it all together at the beginning but then send a cheque back.
We paid for RPRF October 30th, 2014.
Fingers crossed the COPR comes soon!
Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:16 pm
Concierge

So they emailed you to say that your visa was ready to be issued BEFORE you paid RPRF? Am I understanding that right? Or did you pay RPRF in 2013?
Old Nov 12th 2014, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

SO I return from Windsor and my COPR paperwork is still not here, this time because Canada Post sent the thing to BRAMPTON and apparently have given up trying to get it back?

The most their tracking site says is that there may be some delay to the delivery of my package. Anyone know if I'm eligible for a refund on my postage? It'd be nice if I could SOME money back, having sent TWO envelopes.

I'm having so much bad luck with this thing.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

As a side note, what's the deal with landing within Canada and why the hell is it so complicated to figure out how to do?
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by psynergy
SO I return from Windsor and my COPR paperwork is still not here, this time because Canada Post sent the thing to BRAMPTON and apparently have given up trying to get it back?

The most their tracking site says is that there may be some delay to the delivery of my package. Anyone know if I'm eligible for a refund on my postage? It'd be nice if I could SOME money back, having sent TWO envelopes.

I'm having so much bad luck with this thing.
If you call the Canada Post phone number on their website and jab the 0 key repeatedly (like non stop) it will connect you to a human instantly and they can open a ticket for a refund,if it's been more than two days since it was sent then its past it's delivery standard and you can get a refund !

As for landing I would personally just head for the nearest border and flagpole,if I didn't need to bring things from England that's what I would of done.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

We paid the entire fees up front in June 2013. They sent us a cheque back in August 2013 for £490.00
We were then asked October 30th, 2014 to pay again. We paid online October 30th, 2014
Sorry just looked. I got my date wrong. The above email was sent nov 7, 2014.
Sorry about that
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

summerdaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Schnookololy
I think you overlooked my post for the spreadsheet from 6th November.

It was:

Married
Nearest city - Toronto
Application received Sept 23rd
Sponsor approval Nov 6th
Meds were done in July
All fees paid upfront...

I checked ECAS this morning and it says decision made!! I'm freaking out a bit (that's an understatement by the way!) as it doesn't say what decision and its been less than 2 months since we sent off the application. Any reassurance that this isn't likely to be a negative decision would be very grateful.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Bulletin25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Our COPR arrived in the post! Very excited, relieved and stunned!

Will be traveling down to Buffalo next Tuesday to cross the border and make it official!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:33 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by psynergy
As a side note, what's the deal with landing within Canada and why the hell is it so complicated to figure out how to do?
Search the wiki for the article on landing, it gives you a better idea. As AtlanticMoose said, don't bother trying to land inside Canada, it's easier to just get yourself to a border and flagpole. Perhaps you take advantage of black friday sales? :P Though allow yourself plenty of time to cross back, haha!

We paid the entire fees up front in June 2013. They sent us a cheque back in August 2013 for £490.00
We were then asked October 30th, 2014 to pay again. We paid online October 30th, 2014
Sorry just looked. I got my date wrong. The above email was sent nov 7, 2014.
Sorry about that
Ahhhhhh okay those dates make way more sense. I was thinking it was completely illogical for them to give you DM before you'd paid the fees! ALl updated now.

Originally Posted by summerdaze
Hi Schnookololy
I think you overlooked my post for the spreadsheet from 6th November.

It was:

Married
Nearest city - Toronto
Application received Sept 23rd
Sponsor approval Nov 6th
Meds were done in July
All fees paid upfront...

I checked ECAS this morning and it says decision made!! I'm freaking out a bit (that's an understatement by the way!) as it doesn't say what decision and its been less than 2 months since we sent off the application. Any reassurance that this isn't likely to be a negative decision would be very grateful.
Whoops, yes I did overlook you! Sorry about that. Sometimes this thread moves so fast that a post or two gets missed. Thanks for poking me!

And I can't believe you already have DM, that's madness, 50 days! Let us know when you receive your COPR in the post so I can add taht date to the spreadsheet! Curiously someone else over at CanadaVisa just had DM two days ago as well, so another really fast application. I am assuming you are married and that you were processed in MIssissauga? Your post didn't have that info, so let me know that I Have that correct!

Congrats!
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

dumpweed453 is an unknown quantity at this point

My ECAS just got updated to Decision Made. When they say they will contact me in writing that should be the email asking for new passport photos and envelopes right? Im so nervous!! I hope it's not bad news.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

summerdaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Schnookololy
Yes married and chose London but was processed in Mississauga. I'm glad someone else has had DM as fast. Why oh why don't they say WHAT the decision is on ECAS? It means I'm too nervous to get excited or celebrate atm.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 1:48 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by dumpweed453
My ECAS just got updated to Decision Made. When they say they will contact me in writing that should be the email asking for new passport photos and envelopes right? Im so nervous!! I hope it's not bad news.
Given you've gone straight to DM, I'm guessing you'll probably just receive COPR in the post! So keep an eye for the postman or for a delivery notice. It's a signed-for envelope coming from London, so if you're not in when the postie comes by then he'll leave a delivery notice.

IT's highly unlikely to be bad news at this point. Usually the only reason people are rejected is because a) their sponsor was found ineligible to be a sponsor, or the sponsored person was found inadmissible... if either of these options then you usually know pretty quickly within the process... or b), there are doubts about the sincerity of your application, in which case you would have been contacted lots for extra proof, extra forms, called for an interview, etc, all before being rejected.

So about 99.9999% chance you will be fine. (Of course, no guarantees until you know for sure!)

Congrats again, spreadsheet updated.

Edit: Summerdaze, you posted at the same time as me - the above applies to you as well! Mississauga generally has been exceptionally fast, so that's great news for you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.