Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 3rd 2014, 1:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Updates all done!

There's been a flurry of DMs over on CanadaVisa for early 2014 applicants, I think I just filled in 3 lines this morning! Average time is still looking like about 8 months right now, but at least there's some movement after a month or so of next to nothing!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

boysull is an unknown quantity at this point

Got another one for ya Schnook, COPR just arrived! Heading to the border tomorrow, followed immediately by a trip to the Duty Free.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:27 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boysull
Got another one for ya Schnook, COPR just arrived! Heading to the border tomorrow, followed immediately by a trip to the Duty Free.
Excellent!

Don't forget, though, if you aren't in the US for 24 hours then you don't get any allowance back into Canada.

Customs Allowances | Duty Free Canada, then click "Canadians visiting the US"
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fruit Juice
Yippie COPR arrived today in a very unimpressive white bubble envelope. Even the paperwork wasn't very impressive!!!! But it is here and I can safely carry on with my preparations. My house sale completes on 24th October. Hoping to land in Canada not long after that sooooo much to do now we have the green light.

Ashpo, I am relocating to London, Ontario!!!!
That's awesome, congratulations! Perhaps we could arrange an expats meet up?
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

yaris6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I emailed them about my police certificate as it runs out in December 2014.

I got this reply:

Please note that according to our notes your police certificate does not expire until Feb 2015, your file is currently with an Immigration Officer under review so we advise that you do not apply for a new police certificate yet. We will provide you with an update as soon as the review has been completed.

Yours sincerely,

LJF

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Does this sound good or not? Nothing has changed on ECAS yet. Its still application received.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:51 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by yaris6
I emailed them about my police certificate as it runs out in December 2014.

I got this reply:

Please note that according to our notes your police certificate does not expire until Feb 2015, your file is currently with an Immigration Officer under review so we advise that you do not apply for a new police certificate yet. We will provide you with an update as soon as the review has been completed.

Yours sincerely,

LJF

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Does this sound good or not? Nothing has changed on ECAS yet. Its still application received.
Why did you email them about a police certificate expiring? The only requirement is that the police certificate not be more than 3 months old when you apply... nothing beyond that. SO I don't get why you emailed?

IN any case, to answer the question or whether it sounds good or not... it sounds exactly how it reads. Your certificate is fine until Feb, they'll let you know if they need anything else.

There's nothing more to read into!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Excellent!

Don't forget, though, if you aren't in the US for 24 hours then you don't get any allowance back into Canada.

Customs Allowances | Duty Free Canada, then click "Canadians visiting the US"
Oh yes forgot about that in my excited state. I guess the Beer Store will have to do then
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:52 pm
Concierge

Oh yes forgot about that in my excited state. I guess the Beer Store will have to do then
HEad down tonight and make a weekend of it! Do some shopping, etc, come back Sunday evening. :P

Else, just get something from the Beer Store or the LCBO, hehe!

Congrats and good luck! Don't forget your goods lists, if you have stuff still to come!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

My understanding was they were only valid for 12 months at a time. Hence why it expired on 15th December I thought they would ask for another one.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:53 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by yaris6
My understanding was they were only valid for 12 months at a time. Hence why it expired on 15th December I thought they would ask for another one.
You might be mixing it up with the medical. The medical is only good for 12 months, and usually people email when they're coming up on the medical expiring. The police certificate obviously is a different story.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Just trying to print out the B4 and the blasted thing won't fit in one page. The bit at the bottom for signatures gets chopped off. Even at this stage, there is some frustration lol.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Actually I don't really have anything to come. Better to file a list anyway?
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

Ah I thought they both had time frames on them. Ah well. At least it sounds like they are looking at the file.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Just trying to print out the B4 and the blasted thing won't fit in one page. The bit at the bottom for signatures gets chopped off. Even at this stage, there is some frustration lol.
Don't worry about the B4. YOu don't need it with you. They'll fill it in for you when you land. Goods To Follow-Canada : British Expat Wiki
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:59 pm
Concierge

Actually I don't really have anything to come. Better to file a list anyway?
If there's anything you have in the UK that you think you might bring over, then it's worth having the list, as you can import stuff from the list at any point. But if everything you have is already in Canada, then you don't have to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.