Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 1st 2014, 8:51 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Ashpo
Argh! Another week gone, and no SA yet. Seems that the two June applications remaining are sitting in the same pile, ha ha!
Advertised processing time is 55 days, so perhaps drop an email as you're over that now.

Originally Posted by debhinds
Well,my husbands house has sold and he will hopefully be here around xmas,entering on visitors visa with dual intent.we will wait it out here in Canada.My question is when his COPR comes in and we go to land,we are just going across to the states for the day,do we have to notify customs on the way over that when we return we are going to land? and that being said when we do come back to Canada do we tell them we are going to land or will they already be aware of this?
There's no exit control to Canada, so you can't really declare to anyone when you're leaving. You can mention it to the US border guard, but they don't really mind so much. So you just go into the US, spend a day or just a few hours, then when you cross back to Canada you say you have your COPR and you need to land, and they should redirect you to the place where you do your landing. Pretty simple.

Originally Posted by harris
Could anyone explain what a 'visitor's Visa with Dual Intent' is? We may be in the same boat next year, so would like to know what it means.

Many thanks.
A quick search on the forum brings up lots about dual intent. Here's a link to a thread from a few months ago where it's explained. http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...-no-pr-838457/
Old Sep 1st 2014, 2:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Dual intent refers to persons who have been sponsored for permanent residence who enter Canada before their PR case is completed. They may be allowed to enter, and most are, if they assure the border service agent that they will leave Canada if their PR application is refused. Almost no spousal application is refused in practise.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 6:28 pm
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

I realise I may sound totally brain dead with my next question,but a ECAS screen shot is exactly what?...I go onto to "check your status" bring up page which reads..permanent residence and medical recieved on July 4/14,then what do I do? This will be for my husbands dual intent visitors visa.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 7:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I realise I may sound totally brain dead with my next question,but a ECAS screen shot is exactly what?...I go onto to "check your status" bring up page which reads..permanent residence and medical recieved on July 4/14,then what do I do? This will be for my husbands dual intent visitors visa.
If you have Windows 7 or 8 you can use the snipping tool (found under Accessories) to draw a square around the page and save it. Alternatively you can hold down 'control' (Ctrl) and 'print screen' (top row on right normally) together and then paste that into 'paint' (under accessories) and save it. (paste - right click and select paste or else press Ctrl and V together)

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 2nd 2014 at 7:14 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

pdlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

Not seeing much activity in the spreadsheet recently. Checked my ecas today and still stays application received medical received. Visa officers on strike or what?
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Denzel_pompey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pdlodge
Not seeing much activity in the spreadsheet recently. Checked my ecas today and still stays application received medical received. Visa officers on strike or what?
I noticed same. Seems very quiet with regards to February - April applications. Not much progress in August, seems like the Visa Officers are on holiday!
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Becki, can i be added to the timeline spreadsheet please.

Common law Application received in CPC Mississauga 29th August.
Applying through London.
Residing in Kitchener.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Divvym1
Hi Becki, can i be added to the timeline spreadsheet please.

Common law Application received in CPC Mississauga 29th August.
Applying through London.
Residing in Kitchener.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks.
Added, and welcome!
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 5:01 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Checked ECAS today and my medical results have been received 3rd Sep 14' (for spreadsheet purposes) Happy they've not been lost, one less thing to keep me awake at night!
Old Sep 3rd 2014, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ghunter
Added, and welcome!
Thanks
Old Sep 5th 2014, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

justin86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Random question,

Do they send letters out once you apply or e-mails etc?

I am about to send out my application tomorrow, but next month am moving house. I don't want letters to get lost, but i dont want to lose a month on the application process?

Whats the best option to take here?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

pdlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

They send an email notification of receipt
Old Sep 5th 2014, 5:41 am
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

To change my husbands address in uk,to our address in Canada when he comes over on visitors visa to wait out PR application.How exactly do we do this,as all it will let me access on CIC,is to change my address in Canada.We have over a month yet till house sale finalised but as always I like knowing what to do ahead of time.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 6:15 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

To change my husbands address in uk,to our address in Canada when he comes over on visitors visa to wait out PR application.How exactly do we do this,as all it will let me access on CIC,is to change my address in Canada.We have over a month yet till house sale finalised but as always I like knowing what to do ahead of time.
Change my address

Send a case specific enquiry.

Visa office in London, United Kingdom

Old Sep 5th 2014, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

mrpsv is an unknown quantity at this point

hey everybody... wait is nearly over and I will be landing at YYZ on Wednesday 17th quick question though, after I got my COPR, the wife moved out from her parents house and we will now be renting a place in Milton... now on my COPR it has my wife's old address, do I need to contact CIC before I land of our new address or will I be able to change it when I land at YYZ?

thanks in advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.