Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 27th 2014, 9:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Chrisincanada
I am...

With the risk of sounding stupid, what is a B4 form?
You haven't done your wiki homework have you, lol.

A B4 and B4E are the 'goods accompanying' and 'goods to follow' lists that you will need to complete so that you can bring your belongings/goods to Canada without paying duty on them. You can read more here: Goods To Follow-Canada : British Expat Wiki There are lots of posts on the subject in the forum.

I would have a read over the moving / before you go pages in the wiki, they are really helpful in giving you an idea of what you need to do in preparation for the move.

Category:Moving Logistics-Canada : British Expat Wiki paying particular attention to this one: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depart...K_to_Canada%29

Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bastingyapper
Hello - Can you please add me too the timeline spreadsheet?

We are currently living in London, I applied to sponsor my wife - and applied through London. The visa was sent and received on the 17th of July. We haven't received any update on the status as of yet.

Thanks
Welcome! You have been added. Please check for accuracy and be sure to keep us posted on your application.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 3:55 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Did you send the applications to the London visa office or to the processing centre in Mississauga Ontario?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:37 am
Just Joined

bastingyapper is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, everything looks good. As soon as I have an updated I will post it, hopefully we should hear back soon
Old Aug 28th 2014, 9:38 am
Just Joined

bastingyapper is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent it directly to the processing centre in Mississauga.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

TVonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok I have been reading this thread for quite a while, and my head is swimming from all this information. My fiance and I are getting married in June 2015 and I am currently living in the UK (Been here since April 23 2014 and I am a Canadian Citizen) He hasn't lived anywhere but the UK but was in Canada for 3 months from Feb-April 2014. My visa expires April 23 2016 so ideally we are hoping to be in Canada just before then. But that give us from July 2015- April 2016 for all of this to be processed. I do not live in Canada anymore and is it going to take longer for me to apply?? Also is there a link to this spreadsheet I was reading about?

Specific questions:
It says you have a year to get all the documentation in but when did people start getting the documentation together? Did you have any setbacks or surprises along the way? We don't want to move for a year and 8 months but we also need to know how long the sponsorship takes before the immigration application and did people find the overall process was like 6 months long? a year? Should we start now? Did people need a minimum amount in their bank account (Like i did for my visa here) before they apply? (can't find anything but fees on the website)

We are visiting Canada again in October and hope to ask the immigration office there but I would love to hear from people who have experienced this first hand.
I am sorry if this is repetitive but I figured I could get some really knowledgeable people here helping me. Thank you in advanced
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:22 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sitting on a bus and writing on my phone so excuse mistakes and typos!
It sounds like you need to do a bit more research. Start with reading the wiki article on family class sponsorship.

Yes you can apply from the UK, this is called an outland application. It takes an average of 7 months to process. The link to the spreadsheet is in my signature.

You need to have at least a year of proof that you have been living together unbroken to qualify as common law. In our case, we moved in together in 2010, and decided in 2011 to move to Canada so started looking at what was required. We had a lot of it already like both our babes on the lease and on some of the bills but didn't have a joint bank account and started using it for rent and bills so our statements showed some level of activity. We also left paper statements on so we would be able to submit that. Others have taken out life insurance policies and declared their other halves as dependents on insurance and medial benefits. The wiki article and loads of other threads here have lots of examples of the type of things that cic like to see.

Timing is also fine for your move. Once you're arrived you'll have a deadline to show up in Canada, but that's just to activate your PR. You can fly right back out after that if you want. Again this is all on the wiki.

SO do a bit more reading of the wiki and read through the two guides on cic's website and that should give you a load of answer, then post back here with specific questions.

Good luck!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

TVonk is an unknown quantity at this point

SchnookoLoly thank you!
I will research some more and I will get back to you guys Thank you for leading me in the right direction I felt lost and overwhelmed.

Thanks again!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

harris is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the difference between applying for spousal sponsorship to Missisauga or to London.? I live in the UK with my wife who will shortly have Canadian citizenship. Is it quicker applying direct to London or to Missisauga ?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 2:09 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Again, research. the whole package has to go to Mississauga, and you specify on the application that you want to be processed by London.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 6:48 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray, sponsorship approval today!!! 28th Aug, progress!!!! woo hoo, was feeling low today, now happy
buckling down for the long wait now!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
Hooray, sponsorship approval today!!! 28th Aug, progress!!!! woo hoo, was feeling low today, now happy
buckling down for the long wait now!
Spreadsheet updated. Congrats!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:23 pm
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

Can you please add me to your spread sheet,sponsor application-July 4/14
sponsor approval Aug22/14
PR application sent to london-Aug 22/14.
Thank you
Old Aug 29th 2014, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

nicolasta is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick question.... how long, on average does it take between decision made and receiving COPR? I had a DM on ECAS 2 weeks ago today and still no word. My address is incorrect in ECAS, but when I sent them a case specific letting them know it was wrong they said it didn't matter as they used another database that had the correct address.
I sent them a case specific mail this morning letting them know I had not heard anything (on e-mail or regular mail), and if there was anything else they needed from me - I put my correct address in the signature as well.
Hopefully it is just my terrible mail service and I should not be worried
Old Aug 29th 2014, 1:08 pm
July 2014

debhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant futuredebhinds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by debhinds
Can you please add me to your spread sheet,sponsor application-July 4/14
sponsor approval Aug22/14
PR application sent to london-Aug 22/14.
Thank you
Forgot to say,we are married.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.