Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 7th 2014, 6:14 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

It would be better if he was with you, but it's not required.
Old May 7th 2014, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
It would be better if he was with you, but it's not required.
Thanks. We may end up flying with different airlines, because of the status he has with BA (but the high cost of us all buying flights with them). We want to try and arrive as close as possible to each other, but I just wondered whether we might be causing big problems for ourselves by doing it that way.

I guess if the flights arrive close enough to each other, we could just hang around before going through immigration until the other party arrives.... probably not the most fun part of the airport though!
Old May 7th 2014, 7:10 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
Thanks. We may end up flying with different airlines, because of the status he has with BA (but the high cost of us all buying flights with them). We want to try and arrive as close as possible to each other, but I just wondered whether we might be causing big problems for ourselves by doing it that way.

I guess if the flights arrive close enough to each other, we could just hang around before going through immigration until the other party arrives.... probably not the most fun part of the airport though!
Hanging around would be fine, but you need to make sure you're flying into the same terminal. (At Pearson, BA and Transat use T3, whereas Air Canada uses T1.)
Old May 7th 2014, 7:11 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

He can arrive separately but should definitely bring evidence of the sponsorship and PR application in progress.
Old May 7th 2014, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Hanging around would be fine, but you need to make sure you're flying into the same terminal. (At Pearson, BA and Transat use T3, whereas Air Canada uses T1.)
Great tip, thanks so much, I hadn't thought of that. Anyone know which terminals different airlines arrive in at Vancouver?

Jim, thanks. We would bring all that either way. I am just nervous of causing more problems than absolutely necessary!!
Old May 7th 2014, 7:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
Great tip, thanks so much, I hadn't thought of that. Anyone know which terminals different airlines arrive in at Vancouver?

Jim, thanks. We would bring all that either way. I am just nervous of causing more problems than absolutely necessary!!
I think there is only one terminal for international flights but if you put in the airline on this widget, it will tell you where you will be.

http://www.yvr.ca/en/navigating-YVR/...ng-at-YVR.aspx
Old May 7th 2014, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I think there is only one terminal for international flights but if you put in the airline on this widget, it will tell you where you will be.

http://www.yvr.ca/en/navigating-YVR/...ng-at-YVR.aspx
Fabulous, thank you. It does look like all the international flights arrive at the same terminal and go through the same passport/immigration bit.
Old May 8th 2014, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I would update our current situation on this forum.

MP confirmed COPR was mailed April 17 from London but it has still not arrived. We are in Alberta. CIC will not consider lost and reissue until 6 weeks has passed.

They also told MP (or at least MP told me) that the letters do not have tracking numbers. But I am not sure if this is true. I know they have to be registered and signed for so would that not make them have a tracking number? Or how else would they know for sure it was signed for and who signed for it? Anyone know?
Old May 8th 2014, 5:06 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Becki567

MP confirmed COPR was mailed April 17 from London but it has still not arrived. We are in Alberta. CIC will not consider lost and reissue until 6 weeks has passed.

They also told MP (or at least MP told me) that the letters do not have tracking numbers. But I am not sure if this is true. I know they have to be registered and signed for so would that not make them have a tracking number? Or how else would they know for sure it was signed for and who signed for it? Anyone know?
6 weeks will be up on 29 May, so keep an eye on that date and on Friday the 30th get back in touch as you can call it lost at that point.

The upshot is that you at least know COPR has been issued and so your Decision Made is a positive one! Not that there was much/any doubt way, but at least now you have it verbally confirmed.

Both Royal Mail and Canada Post are not exactly known for their reliability. Chances are there is probably some tracking number somewhere, but whether they actually KEEP track of it is another story. (e.g., when you send something tracked with the post office, they give you the number on your receipt. If you then throw out that receipt, you no longer have access to the number. So yes a number exists, but who knows what it actually is. I suspect CIC functions the same way.) CIC's main concern is that only you or someone who knows you picks up the document - it can only be delivered to you. Their concern isn't with tracking it along the way. The post office won't release the document to anyone who isn't you or who doesn't have your ID with them, so as far as CIC is concerned, sending it registered fulfils that requirement.
Old May 8th 2014, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Becki567

Have you tried just randomly checking at your local post office to make sure it hasn't been left there without a delivery note being left?

Fingers crossed for you!
Old May 8th 2014, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Becki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond reputeBecki567 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. We did phone the post office we normally have stuff sent. They didn't have it and the girl that worked there phone a few of the places she thought it might be and it wasn't.

It is of course reassuring to know it is for sure approved, but disappointing too. I guess we have envisioned the excitement of getting the letter but now it is just surrounded by frustration and annoyance.

I really looked forward to the deliver post man ringing the bell and me and my husband giggling happily. But now if he ever arrives I might just lecture him on being so tardy! lol
Old May 9th 2014, 11:41 am
Just Joined

johnatron3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news! My wife's status finally changed to 'Decision Made'! We are over the moon! What a relief! It seemed to have been getting very slow there over the past few weeks for good results. However, today is a good day! One less thing to do as part of my morning routine (checking the status updates).
Old May 9th 2014, 12:18 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by johnatron3000
Great news! My wife's status finally changed to 'Decision Made'! We are over the moon! What a relief! It seemed to have been getting very slow there over the past few weeks for good results. However, today is a good day! One less thing to do as part of my morning routine (checking the status updates).
Congrats! I have updated you on the spreadsheet! Glad it's all over - now just keep an eye out for COPR and then land!
Old May 9th 2014, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

johnatron3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! I have updated you on the spreadsheet! Glad it's all over - now just keep an eye out for COPR and then land!

Cheers SchnookoLoly! I actually think I would go crazy without this site. It has really helped a lot!
Old May 10th 2014, 6:51 am
Just Joined

aknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys,

So, after some scouring on cic.gc I have been unable to find the answer to my query and as usual I'm turning here.

Two weeks ago my wife gave birth to our first child and I'm aware we need to inform London as my application is there but the only adjustment guidelines I see on the site are for change of address. Has anyone been through this process and know where I can send the information and how to do so? ie, any particular form or proof needed.

Thanks in advance, Andi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.