Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 10th 2014, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Going Coastal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

ECAS says "Decision Made."
Old May 10th 2014, 2:19 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a Canadian citizen? In that case your child probably is too. Others will tell you more I am sure because this is a common situation.
Old May 10th 2014, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

aknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond reputeaknuge85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Are you a Canadian citizen? In that case your child probably is too. Others will tell you more I am sure because this is a common situation.
I'm not Jim but my wife and child are, Scott (our son) was born in Calgary, sorry should have mentioned that.

I don't think I need to add him to the application, more just a change of circumstance.
Old May 10th 2014, 5:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aknuge85
I'm not Jim but my wife and child are, Scott (our son) was born in Calgary, sorry should have mentioned that.

I don't think I need to add him to the application, more just a change of circumstance.
The child goes on the extended family form only. You can just submit a new one and explain in the covering letter.
Old May 10th 2014, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hello all, I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to post.

Our application forms were sent to the CPC last month and we have yet to have any communication, is it normal to hear nothing until the sponsor part has been approved?

Probably seems like a stupid question but it keeps me awake at night!
Old May 10th 2014, 8:37 pm

Yes - that is the way it happens. I think that it is because most cases slip through the CPC within 5 weeks or so.
Old May 12th 2014, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

nicole15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi SchnookoLoly, just if you needed to update anything, I had my medical on the 9th May (Friday) - I posted my medical receipts via Priority Canada Post and also emailed them to CIC on Friday In a weird way, I'm hoping they haven't opened my application yet and that they just put them together without any delays!!
Old May 12th 2014, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Was reading this article and saw that they included a screenshot of one of the many spreadsheets used to track applications.. We aren't/weren't the only crazies stalking a spreadsheet for our applications!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...care-1.2638068
Old May 12th 2014, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of
Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Going Coastal
ECAS says "Decision Made."
Yay! Congrats! I updated you on the spreadsheet.
Old May 12th 2014, 6:34 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicole15
Hi SchnookoLoly, just if you needed to update anything, I had my medical on the 9th May (Friday) - I posted my medical receipts via Priority Canada Post and also emailed them to CIC on Friday In a weird way, I'm hoping they haven't opened my application yet and that they just put them together without any delays!!
Alrighty, just added that into your notes section.

Originally Posted by burks
Was reading this article and saw that they included a screenshot of one of the many spreadsheets used to track applications.. We aren't/weren't the only crazies stalking a spreadsheet for our applications!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...care-1.2638068
Hahaha that is too funny. Although, these GoPublic stories seem to really sort of give a lot of sympathy to the victim and blames the process... She moved to Canada before her application was processing, and chose not to get private insurance because "she was healthy". Well, now she needs coverage, and is angry that the processing time is taking so long and that she can't get provincial coverage. It doesn't say whether the pregnancy was planned, but assuming it was, one, why risk getting pregnant without knowing if your provincial coverage has kicked in, and two, why not sort out private insurance before? (Obviously if it's unplanned, then that's a different story.)

Yeah the process takes awhile, but it's not exactly a small process, AND she's from a higher-risk country.

The advertised processing time - ADVERTISED (not like it's a surprise) for her category is 17 months. Their application was received last summer, so call it June, so let's say 10-11 months ago. She's "about to give birth", so again if it was planned, they would have started trying with well more than 9 months left to go on their application.

Edit: Just saw from Burks' comment in another thread that it was received in August, so it's only been processing for 9 months. They're only just about to get Stage 1 approval, and BC won't cover until it's started processing Stage 2.

Sorry, minimal sympathy from me.

Love the find with the spreadsheet screenshot, though! From CanadaVisa if I had to guess, there's a spreadsheet there for nearly every visa office and category.

Last edited by SchnookoLoly; May 12th 2014 at 6:38 pm.
Old May 12th 2014, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

burks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond reputeburks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Hahaha that is too funny. Although, these GoPublic stories seem to really sort of give a lot of sympathy to the victim and blames the process... She moved to Canada before her application was processing, and chose not to get private insurance because "she was healthy". Well, now she needs coverage, and is angry that the processing time is taking so long and that she can't get provincial coverage. It doesn't say whether the pregnancy was planned, but assuming it was, one, why risk getting pregnant without knowing if your provincial coverage has kicked in, and two, why not sort out private insurance before? (Obviously if it's unplanned, then that's a different story.)

Yeah the process takes awhile, but it's not exactly a small process, AND she's from a higher-risk country.

The advertised processing time - ADVERTISED (not like it's a surprise) for her category is 17 months. Their application was received last summer, so call it June, so let's say 10-11 months ago. She's "about to give birth", so again if it was planned, they would have started trying with well more than 9 months left to go on their application.

Sorry, minimal sympathy from me.

Love the find with the spreadsheet screenshot, though! From CanadaVisa if I had to guess, there's a spreadsheet there for nearly every visa office and category.
Yeah the story is way too bias. There is a separate thread about it now. Goes to show people just read what they're told and don't actually think about things for themselves. Sad.
Old May 12th 2014, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Cosy girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, just some info to keep spreadsheet current. We were asked for further proof of cohabitation on March 20th, it took us a while to get the documents they wanted, so sent these in May 6th. Guessing we won't be hearing on decision over summer if they think our case is problematic :-(
Old May 12th 2014, 7:37 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cosy girl
Hi all, just some info to keep spreadsheet current. We were asked for further proof of cohabitation on March 20th, it took us a while to get the documents they wanted, so sent these in May 6th. Guessing we won't be hearing on decision over summer if they think our case is problematic :-(
Just updated you. It's hard to say. At least it does mean someone has looked at your application, but I'm not sure how requests for cohabitation affect things. I noticed on the spreadsheet that one of the January applicants had the same request a week after you, but it doesn't say when he sent off the documents... so maybe just keep an eye on his and hopefully the timelines won't differ too much.
Old May 12th 2014, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

pdlodge is an unknown quantity at this point

so my 2nd IEC expires on the 11th august 2014. I applied for spousal sponsorship on the 5th feb so i'm expecting a COPR anytime august-october.

therefore, I want to apply for a visitor visa so I can wait it out in Canada if I don't get the COPR in time. the application seems straightforward enough but i have a couple questions:

1. what are the financial proof/requirements, specifically

2. when should I apply? it says at least 30 days before expiry of your current visa. should I do it now?
Old May 13th 2014, 1:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pdlodge
so my 2nd IEC expires on the 11th august 2014. I applied for spousal sponsorship on the 5th feb so i'm expecting a COPR anytime august-october.

therefore, I want to apply for a visitor visa so I can wait it out in Canada if I don't get the COPR in time. the application seems straightforward enough but i have a couple questions:

1. what are the financial proof/requirements, specifically

2. when should I apply? it says at least 30 days before expiry of your current visa. should I do it now?
Get your partner to write a letter stating she will support you financially if necessary. Show money in your bank account and also proof that you have the means to buy a flight out should your application be unsuccessful. Acknowledge that you understand that should your application for PR be denied you will be required to leave Canada.

Include a copy of your ECAS page showing that you are 'in process' for PR.

Don't apply until mid July.

You 'could' send a paper application by mail, whilst it is waiting to be processed you will be on implied visitor status until you receive confirmation from CIC that it's been granted/refused. Present processing times for paper applications is 62 days - you may receive PR before this has been processed and get your fee returned!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.