Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 22nd 2012, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

bmccallion is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by chanceUK
why not send in a letter from the parent who gave you the property rent free to confirm you were living there together + updated documents for toronto?
well in my spouses dad's statutory declaration he mentioned that we were living rent free in the property.. so i denno
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 9:22 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bmccallion
well in my spouses dad's statutory declaration he mentioned that we were living rent free in the property.. so i denno
If you'd written somewhere that you'd been living together for ~1.5 years, but then only provided proof of 6-7, then CIC has no way to know if you were actually living together or if you're telling porky pies, so they are asking for more information.

I would put together a letter explaining your history of living together - that you lived together for a year with his parents, and then for 6-7 months once you moved to Toronto. Explain that you have included another copy of the lease in Toronto, but you did not have a lease from when you were living with his parents as you were living there rent-free (I assume). However, you still need to prove that, so I would have your parents write a letter to CIC saying that yes, you lived with them from x date to y date until you moved to Toronto, then have them have the letter witnessed as a statutory declaration. (Phone up some lawyers around you, most will do it for £5-10.)

Send further copies of your joint bank account, as well as additional bank account info (assuming you have opened a joint account in Canada as well).
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

dan09uk is an unknown quantity at this point

logged into E-cas and my application is finally in process!!

We received your application for permanent residence on May 3, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 16, 2012.

Medical results have been received.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Mailed June 8th or something...been 6 months... heard nothing .... cso is taunting me daily....

Informed I am a liar ^^ my Sponship person was approved August 15th (my birthday) I am getting depressed Doesn't even say medicals are received !

Last edited by scottyxx; Oct 23rd 2012 at 3:38 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

ashleyi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello! We were on holiday last week, and came home to find COPR waiting for us!

One quick question - the paperwork we received says 'not valid for travel' on it, so I'm guessing they'll send something else? Or is it just not valid without a passport?

Ashley
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 10:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ashleyi

One quick question - the paperwork we received says 'not valid for travel' on it, so I'm guessing they'll send something else? Or is it just not valid without a passport?

Ashley
Not valid without a passport.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:19 am
Just Joined

vancouverpickles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bmccallion
Someone else suggested getting a statutory declaration from your spouse partner stating the dates you lived there and have it signed by a lawyer to ensure it is a legal declaration.
Also, if you you both had mail going to the same place besides your joint bank account, any mobile phone bills or anything that proves you were both living at the same address during the time period that might also help. Or if you were on the electoral roll at the address and have anything to prove that. Just provide them with as much as you can with the same address.

Good luck!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

bryandd is an unknown quantity at this point

We received our COPR this morning in the post. Our ECAS account had said 'Application Received' for months now, and just yesterday changed to 'In Process'..and today the visa arrived!! Apparently a few other London people have gotten their COPR today as well..hopefully the London office will be pushing out a bunch in the next few weeks!!

Our timeline is:
Application Filed 17/04/2012
Sponsor Approval 18/07/2012
COPR 18/10/2012

Good luck to everyone!!

Last edited by bryandd; Oct 24th 2012 at 2:29 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

bryandd is an unknown quantity at this point

Ashley
Hi Ashley, I saw the same thing on our COPR today and thought, 'what the hell?!' But yeah it just means that you MUST have your passport as well as your COPR sheet with you when you enter Canada or they won't let you in!!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:00 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bryandd
Hi Ashley, I saw the same thing on our COPR today and thought, 'what the hell?!' But yeah it just means that you MUST have your passport as well as your COPR sheet with you when you enter Canada or they won't let you in!!
All correct - just CIC's bass-ackwards way of saying "this is not valid in place of your passport" the same way that your drivers licence or health card is "not valid for travel" ... it's just confusing because you're clearly going to have that document with you when you travel... they really should just write "NOT VALID WITHOUT A PASSPORT" or something like that.

Oh CIC...
Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Mailed June 8th or something...been 6 months... heard nothing .... cso is taunting me daily....

Informed I am a liar ^^ my Sponship person was approved August 15th (my birthday) I am getting depressed Doesn't even say medicals are received !

awww don't get too down, I know its hard, but you just got to keep going. Why were you informed you are a liar?
Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Ashley

Congratulations
Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bryandd
We received our COPR this morning in the post. Our ECAS account had said 'Application Received' for months now, and just yesterday changed to 'In Process'..and today the visa arrived!! Apparently a few other London people have gotten their COPR today as well..hopefully the London office will be pushing out a bunch in the next few weeks!!

Our timeline is:
Application Filed 17/04/2012
Sponsor Approval 18/07/2012
COPR 18/10/2012

Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations to you also.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

ashleyi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help and kind wishes everyone! Now it's time to spring into action an actually get moving. Good luck to you all!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

.c.s.o. is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
awww don't get too down, I know its hard, but you just got to keep going. Why were you informed you are a liar?
I called her a liar because she sent the application in June and claimed to have heard nothing since. Her sponsor was approved in August however, so now she is just waiting on London. She is also well within normal processing time and has nothing to worry about.

We work in the same office so I taunt her on a regular basis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.