Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Sep 20th 2012, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

ek84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by supergirl116
I'm getting concerned... Has anyone had their application stay "in process" in London for almost a month?
Mine was just over a month from going 'In Process' to receiving the COPR - I don't know when it changed to 'Decision Made' because I wasn't expecting it yet, so hadn't checked!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Agreed.

While I was waiting, I generally kept an eye on other people who had similar timelines to me (first ofr sending it off, then for getting sponsor approval) as it just gave me a general idea - but don't rely on it as gospel. As Chris said, everyone's case is different, so just use it as a guide, but not as hard fact. You'll just drive yourself nuts!
Absolutely! My sponsor was approved and docs sent to London 3 months ago today, and it still says application received. Every app is different though, so I'm of the mindset that it'll get here when it gets here. I've waited this long, what's another 3 months? *cringe*
Old Sep 20th 2012, 4:52 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

One has to remember that over the summer there are other factors slowing PR cases down. Holidays, Student and Visitor visas, officers transferring in and out etc.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

jambo1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'm currently applying for permanent residency via the outland spousal sponsorship route (my wife is Canadian). Our application was received in Mississauga 17/4/12 and my wife was approved as my sponsor in mid July, pretty much bang on the 90 day turnaround timescale that was advertised at the time. The application status is still showing application received. We emailed the London and Mississauga offices in August to advise them that our daughter had been born and subsequently sent the requested copies of her birth certificate and passport to London. Does anyone know if that is likely to have any impact on the processing time? Would it slow things or would such a life event mean that they would look more favourably on it and maybe even speed it up? Also, in peoples experience, are the processing timescales stated on the CIC website for stage 2 pretty accurate? When we submitted it said 7 months but has now gone out to 8 months. I'm in Canada at the moment on a 6 month visitor stay and likely to head back to Scotland at the end of November (if I don't opt to extend my visitor stay). I had been hoping to hear sometime around January/February but 8 months would push it into March 2013.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jambo1980
Hi everyone, I'm currently applying for permanent residency via the outland spousal sponsorship route (my wife is Canadian). Our application was received in Mississauga 17/4/12 and my wife was approved as my sponsor in mid July, pretty much bang on the 90 day turnaround timescale that was advertised at the time. The application status is still showing application received. We emailed the London and Mississauga offices in August to advise them that our daughter had been born and subsequently sent the requested copies of her birth certificate and passport to London. Does anyone know if that is likely to have any impact on the processing time? Would it slow things or would such a life event mean that they would look more favourably on it and maybe even speed it up? Also, in peoples experience, are the processing timescales stated on the CIC website for stage 2 pretty accurate? When we submitted it said 7 months but has now gone out to 8 months. I'm in Canada at the moment on a 6 month visitor stay and likely to head back to Scotland at the end of November (if I don't opt to extend my visitor stay). I had been hoping to hear sometime around January/February but 8 months would push it into March 2013.
Chances are it would be faster than 8 months. Our application took a little over 2 months to get decision made after receiving sponsor approval. And we also had to go through the extra step of getting approval from Quebec!
Don't know if your daughter's birth will have any impact on your timeline... (congrats!)
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jambo1980
I am in pretty much the same boat as you. I am around a month ahead of you timewise, and my visitor visa runs out in December (I went home for a week in June so renewed it when I came back). Ive also just got married this month so we emailed them to let them know, along with a copy of our marriage certificate. Hopefully this speeds it up, I too am hoping it doesn't go the full 8 months!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Pancakes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

we're waiting for the police check to come back so we can submit, but I'm a bit confused over medicals (not hard to confuse me after all!)

Do we get the medical done and send it off with the application? Or do we wait until file transfer, so the validity is longer (though we'll be moving as soon as COPR arrives so probably don't need it to be longer)

I think it's the "medicals received" bit that has confused me, making me think they've been submitted after the initial application, but as far as I understand, we just print the form and book an appointment with an appropriate doctor, so we can do them at the beginning?

Thanks in advance for untangling the knots in my head!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 1:26 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pancakes
Hi All,

we're waiting for the police check to come back so we can submit, but I'm a bit confused over medicals (not hard to confuse me after all!)

Do we get the medical done and send it off with the application? Or do we wait until file transfer, so the validity is longer (though we'll be moving as soon as COPR arrives so probably don't need it to be longer)

I think it's the "medicals received" bit that has confused me, making me think they've been submitted after the initial application, but as far as I understand, we just print the form and book an appointment with an appropriate doctor, so we can do them at the beginning?

Thanks in advance for untangling the knots in my head!
I think everyone has this question!

You do the medical BEFORE you apply, and then when you submit your application you show the receipt that says you paid for the medical, and the doctor should give you a form back that has your information on it. The doctor will then do all the tests and send the results to the London office; London will then match up the results using the form you submitted, hence "medical results have been received" - you get that line when they've matched up the two.

You generally want to have your medicals done as close as possible to when you submit, as you have to land within one year of the medical being completed. (In our case, we did medicals on Dec 13th, submitted Jan 25th, COPR August, landing deadline Dec 12th 2012 - we are landing on the 8th.)
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you! Will get it booked then
Old Sep 24th 2012, 11:11 am
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Please can someone advice:

I logged onto application status and my status has changed it now states:

We started processing xxxxxxxx application on September 19th, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxx application. The office will contact xxxxx concerning this decision

Does any one know what the next step is, i.e. is it good or bad news? How will I be informed? Post, email? I did state I wanted to know my email but I checked my inbox and received nothing?

Lordchewington and Bumbleebee2 – any news on yours
Old Sep 24th 2012, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi, sorry to ask again - we've been asked to take 4 photos to the medical - is this 4 of the 8, or do we need 4 more?

TVM
Px
Old Sep 24th 2012, 11:47 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pancakes
Hi, sorry to ask again - we've been asked to take 4 photos to the medical - is this 4 of the 8, or do we need 4 more?

TVM
Px
Photos for the medical are completely separate from the photos you give with your application, so if the doctor has asked for 4, take 4 additional ones, do not take them out of the 8 you have to include with your application.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

CanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of lightCanAngel is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi,

Please can someone advice:

I logged onto application status and my status has changed it now states:

We started processing xxxxxxxx application on September 19th, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on xxxxxx application. The office will contact xxxxx concerning this decision

Does any one know what the next step is, i.e. is it good or bad news? How will I be informed? Post, email? I did state I wanted to know my email but I checked my inbox and received nothing?

Lordchewington and Bumbleebee2 – any news on yours
For us, it meant COPR coming through registered mail about 7 working days later so good news
Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:03 pm
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CanAngel
For us, it meant COPR coming through registered mail about 7 working days later so good news
Thanks Can Angel.

Once the CORP comes? it is in a form of a letter? do i need to send in my passport, I am a british born?

Ta,
Old Sep 24th 2012, 12:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by GS1
Thanks Can Angel.

Once the CORP comes? it is in a form of a letter? do i need to send in my passport, I am a british born?

Ta,
Depends how they do it, and everyone's cases seem to be different.

For us, we got PPR (passport request) through email, sent to my husband (who was the one being sponsored). He had a form to fill out and had to send his passport - but because he is British, he only has to send photocopies of all pages of his passport (including the blank ones!), not the whole passport.

They then sent COPR about 4ish weeks later through registered/signed post.

Not everyone gets the PPR step, though - some people have gone straight to COPR without having a passport request, and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to why some have the request and some don't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.