Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

My husbands PR came in the post today
We are probibly on a different timescale than you all now, as we should have received it soon after Easter but they started making requests.
Firstly CIC wanted my OH to get a RCMP certificate even though he'd never been to Canada at that point. They then said it wasn't needed but wanted him to take a TB test, the results of which took 8 weeks to come through and then another chest x-ray and then another 6 weeks to process the results.
We originally hoped to go in October but now with the house to sell and all the arrangements to make, we are aiming for March.
The waiting has been awful but we got there in the end
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 7:45 pm
Fancy a Cuppa?

Rosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merylbaz
We are probibly on a different timescale than you all now, as we should have received it soon after Easter but they started making requests.
Firstly CIC wanted my OH to get a RCMP certificate even though he'd never been to Canada at that point. They then said it wasn't needed but wanted him to take a TB test, the results of which took 8 weeks to come through and then another chest x-ray and then another 6 weeks to process the results.
We originally hoped to go in October but now with the house to sell and all the arrangements to make, we are aiming for March.
Congratulations
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

toniwharton is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
We applied Family Class Sponsor, application received 14th May, Sponsor approved yesterday and now off to London and we play the waiting game! We are flying one way to Canada on Tuesday next week! V excited & nervous in one. Hoping they will let me in as a visitor (hubby is Canadian and children, but we are arriving with dog and container full is following shortly. I really hope they will let me wait for the PR in Toronto, so we can at least get kids in school and hubby in a job?!
Old Aug 24th 2012, 12:19 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

S the wife of a Canadian citizen accompanying him and your CC children there is very little chance that you would be refused admission. Relax.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merylbaz
Old Aug 25th 2012, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toniwharton
Congratulations!
We applied Family Class Sponsor, application received 14th May, Sponsor approved yesterday and now off to London and we play the waiting game! We are flying one way to Canada on Tuesday next week! V excited & nervous in one. Hoping they will let me in as a visitor (hubby is Canadian and children, but we are arriving with dog and container full is following shortly. I really hope they will let me wait for the PR in Toronto, so we can at least get kids in school and hubby in a job?!
Our applicatin was received back in March and London at the end of June. I hope they hurry up as we have just sold our house (only took 3 days!). Didn't expect it to go that quickly. Plus the buyers want to be in by Oct.

We will be heading over with or without PR. Lets hope they let us all in
Old Aug 25th 2012, 9:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

So yesterday was my birthday... and in my birthday card, my husband put his official COPR papers! Best birthday gift ever! Landing is scheduled for December!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 3:26 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations then!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 11:13 am
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Im new 2 the site and thought i would share my expereince and also wonder if you are able to clairfy a few things for me.

I am british, wife is candadian and we have applied via the family class spouse visa. Timelines as below;

Letter Received from Missi - Spouse approved on June 28th JUNE 2012
I have from that day been checking on CIC website using my UCI number to see if my PR has been approved in London.

This is what the website shows;

Sponsershup Application Status: Decision Made
Permement Residence Application Status - Application Received. Medical Results Received.

2 questions please;
1) How do I find out if London have receeived my application?
2) How long do you think it will take to determine this case in London. I phoned Canada Embassy in London, who told me they cannot tell me anything apart from it will take the full 7 months and now having looked at the CIC website, the application processing times has increased to 8?

and 1 final question, I now have a daughter who was born after the application was sumbitted in the UK - I have seen that it can take up to a year to get the little un's canadian passport from UK - but can I not just take the little un to canada when I move and apply from there. why does it need to be in the uk, my wife is canadian, surely when we get there and apply for our daugthers application from there they cannot kick us out?

Thanks All - keep enjoying the little break we have!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond reputeBumblebee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi All,
Im new 2 the site and thought i would share my expereince and also wonder if you are able to clairfy a few things for me.

I am british, wife is candadian and we have applied via the family class spouse visa. Timelines as below;

I have from that day been checking on CIC website using my UCI number to see if my PR has been approved in London.

Permement Residence Application Status - Application Received. Medical Results Received.

2 questions please;
2) How long do you think it will take to determine this case in London. I phoned Canada Embassy in London, who told me they cannot tell me anything apart from it will take the full 7 months and now having looked at the CIC website, the application processing times has increased to 8?

and 1 final question, I now have a daughter who was born after the application was sumbitted in the UK - I have seen that it can take up to a year to get the little un's canadian passport from UK - but can I not just take the little un to canada when I move and apply from there. why does it need to be in the uk, my wife is canadian, surely when we get there and apply for our daugthers application from there they cannot kick us out?

I'm in the same position as you with regards to time line. Our aplication was received on the 19th of March and received in London on the 26th of June.

I've been checking the website and have the same messages as you. The advice I have received from various people on this site is to not check the web site daily if at all as they dont update the website very often.

With regards to the time it takes in London several people further back in this thread have said it is between 2 and 3 months. However, some do take longer but it's not clear why.

From the advice given on ex pats I've learnt to relax and stop checking. It is more than likely that you will receive the docs through the post before they update the website.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi All,

2 questions please;

Missed the 'and finally' bit of your post. I applied for citizenship for my two and got it within three months despite it saying not to contact them for 15 months.
Old Aug 26th 2012, 2:28 pm

In fact the record shows that your application has indeed been received at the visa office. You can apply for a temporary passport for your daughter and that takes much less time than the certificate route. She does need a passport to travel.

Originally Posted by GS1
Hi All,

2 questions please;

Old Aug 26th 2012, 2:38 pm
GS1
Forum Regular

GS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Bumblebee2 - I have noticed our applications are in deed line in line and i guess its a waiting game now!

Thanks Jim - Im wondering I have a british passport for my baby, can she not travel on that and then once in canada apply her canadian stuff from there? Not sure why she needs canadian passport to travel? I mean her mother is canadian so she has the right to apply from there like I would have had I chosen to apply from Canada, but I decided to apply here in UK, with my wife here too!
Old Aug 26th 2012, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GS1
Thanks Bumblebee2 - I have noticed our applications are in deed line in line and i guess its a waiting game now!

Thanks Jim - Im wondering I have a british passport for my baby, can she not travel on that and then once in canada apply her canadian stuff from there? Not sure why she needs canadian passport to travel? I mean her mother is canadian so she has the right to apply from there like I would have had I chosen to apply from Canada, but I decided to apply here in UK, with my wife here too!
Our youngest have citizenship cards, but travel on British passports - we have never been asked for the cards, even when we landed. We may need them for school, but you have plenty of time before then
Old Aug 26th 2012, 3:10 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Well, My wife (canadian) and kids are mid flight to Chilliwack B.C. (via Vancouver of course ). We thought it best they go first so that I can continue to earn here while she gets the oldest settled in her new school. It's gonna be hard not seeing my babys smile all this time, but what can you do when you don't know if your copr will arrive in 2 days or 3 months? It helps that life will be better there (well, it really couldn't be any worse..) watch out for me moping around around the site lol. congratulations to everyone who has recieved their copr recently btw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.