Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jun 25th 2012, 10:46 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by richtee
Hi, have you any indication as to when youll get you pr approved? Also how did you get confirmation of the spousal approval?
Thanks
This was my correspondence with CIC and my timeline:

Jan 19th: App mailed from London

Jan 25th: App arrived in Canada at CPC-M (sent by Royal Mail Tracked)

Apr 22nd: Emailed CIC to let them know my status has changed from common-law to married; did not receive a response (though I've read that this is normal)

Apr 24th: Received an email from CIC saying I had been approved as a sponsor and our application had been forwarded to London for processing. The email contained my UCI number, and from this point I was able to log into ECAS to check status, which then confirmed that medicals had been received in London.

Jun 20th: Husband got a call from Canadian High Commission in London looking to confirm we did indeed get married (clearly the email didn't make it to where it was supposed to on the CIC side!), and was told that everything looked good in our application and we should hear more in 2-3 weeks.

Overall processing time then was 90 days from App Received to Sponsor Approval, and is looking like another 80-90 days for COPR after that point, so roughly 6 months total - which seems to be average around these here parts these days!

HTH.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

OHIP insurance

All, Im landing in a month! Has anyone Ontario bound reviewed the medical insurance options (for the first 90 days)
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

arghh, schnookololy, are you back to checking eCas at least once a day? I certainly am, even though I know it might not be coming for a couple of weeks *fingers massivly crossed*. 1 month and 3 days until my IEC expires
Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:48 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite checking daily - although the phone call my husband got last week is making me WANT to check every day. I try to put it off and only do it when I'm really bored - amazing how things like BBC News and Reddit will distract me when I need it!

Given how inaccurate ECAS tends to be, I'm managing to stay calm and not get too hung up on what's reported there. Technically the application should have already been changed to "in progress" - clearly given my husband's phone call they have started sorting things out but even that update hasn't appeared, so I'm just trying not to obsess.

(I suspect this will change over the course of the next 2-3 weeks...)
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
This was my correspondence with CIC and my timeline:

Jan 19th: App mailed from London

Jan 25th: App arrived in Canada at CPC-M (sent by Royal Mail Tracked)

Apr 22nd: Emailed CIC to let them know my status has changed from common-law to married; did not receive a response (though I've read that this is normal)

Apr 24th: Received an email from CIC saying I had been approved as a sponsor and our application had been forwarded to London for processing. The email contained my UCI number, and from this point I was able to log into ECAS to check status, which then confirmed that medicals had been received in London.

Jun 20th: Husband got a call from Canadian High Commission in London looking to confirm we did indeed get married (clearly the email didn't make it to where it was supposed to on the CIC side!), and was told that everything looked good in our application and we should hear more in 2-3 weeks.

Overall processing time then was 90 days from App Received to Sponsor Approval, and is looking like another 80-90 days for COPR after that point, so roughly 6 months total - which seems to be average around these here parts these days!

HTH.
Thanks for the info! Once the sponsor is approved (my wife) I assume she will get the email confirmation and not me?

Thx
Old Jun 26th 2012, 6:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by richtee
Thanks for the info! Once the sponsor is approved (my wife) I assume she will get the email confirmation and not me?

Thx
Yep - provided you wrote an email on your application. If you didn't provide an email, they'll send a letter. If you provided an email, they'll email. My application got processed through the Ottawa Pilot centre and came from: OttPilot-Immigration <[email protected]>. This should be her email address, yes.

At that point, you get your UCI and APplication numbers - you can use these to check your status online at ECAS. You log in using HER information - it asks for the SPONSOR's surname, birth date, and country of birth.

Pretty straight forward!

Remind me when you applied again?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by peng
OHIP insurance

All, Im landing in a month! Has anyone Ontario bound reviewed the medical insurance options (for the first 90 days)
Hi Peng, my employer provided me with coverage for the first 90 days, but if you are not working, and are leaving from the UK look into getting Backpackers insurance, or some kind of medical insurance. In theory, according to the terms of Spousal sponsorship, your spouse should be paying all your medical expenses.

I would just find a nice cheap Backpacker insurance, such as ACE or something.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - provided you wrote an email on your application. If you didn't provide an email, they'll send a letter. If you provided an email, they'll email. My application got processed through the Ottawa Pilot centre and came from: OttPilot-Immigration <[email protected]>. This should be her email address, yes.

At that point, you get your UCI and APplication numbers - you can use these to check your status online at ECAS. You log in using HER information - it asks for the SPONSOR's surname, birth date, and country of birth.

Pretty straight forward!

Having said that I put an email down on all parts of the application and received approval in the form of a letter in the mail.. weird. Maybe because I am already in Canada?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:20 pm
Concierge

Chris I suspect you will not want to hear this, but...

HUSBAND HAS HIS PPR TODAY!!!!

They emailed him requesting a copy of his passport so presumably this is it!

SO MUCH HAPPINESS!!!!!! Jumping up and down tonight!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

richtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty straight forward!

Thanks for the advice, we only applied two weeks ago and so have a while yet!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris I suspect you will not want to hear this, but...

HUSBAND HAS HIS PPR TODAY!!!!

They emailed him requesting a copy of his passport so presumably this is it!

SO MUCH HAPPINESS!!!!!! Jumping up and down tonight!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats! Thats crazy quick for your husbands PPR, 30 days quicker than the average. you must of had a speedy officer doing it!!
Old Jun 27th 2012, 8:00 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Congrats! Thats crazy quick for your husbands PPR, 30 days quicker than the average. you must of had a speedy officer doing it!!
Yeah definitely quite quick - 2 months and 2 days, as you say pretty well a full 30 days below the average - very happy about that.

Convenient that they don't ask for the actual passport anymore, just copies - have to get all that scanned this week and get it mailed off.

We won't properly complete the process for awhile - we aren't landing in Canada until December 8th when we go home for Christmas (medicals expire Dec 12th - nothing like pushing the dates!).

Fun trivia: ECAS still says "application received". Lulz.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

peng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottyxx
Hi Peng, my employer provided me with coverage for the first 90 days, but if you are not working, and are leaving from the UK look into getting Backpackers insurance, or some kind of medical insurance. In theory, according to the terms of Spousal sponsorship, your spouse should be paying all your medical expenses.

I would just find a nice cheap Backpacker insurance, such as ACE or something.

Thanks for that- i've just asked my employer to check if they will cover me.
Old Jun 27th 2012, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah definitely quite quick - 2 months and 2 days, as you say pretty well a full 30 days below the average - very happy about that.

Convenient that they don't ask for the actual passport anymore, just copies - have to get all that scanned this week and get it mailed off.

We won't properly complete the process for awhile - we aren't landing in Canada until December 8th when we go home for Christmas (medicals expire Dec 12th - nothing like pushing the dates!).

Fun trivia: ECAS still says "application received". Lulz.
haha thats funny it still says application received.

As soon as i read that you had PPR last night I panicked, thinking something must be up with mine, before realising how crazy quick yours actually is!! still have a couple weeks left for me I imagine
Old Jun 27th 2012, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

teacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really niceteacher1000 is just really nice

got an email from london immigration today asking for something to be signed by a lawyer...wondering how much time this will add on. we are going to go and get it signed tomorrow and sent back by friday hopefully.

At least we know they are "processing" our app now too...hopefully it won't add on much time as our medical runs out in august:S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.