Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 4th 2012, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

wesbray is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Sorry for the re-post but trying to figure this out!

This may sound like a dumb question, but in the dependents section, if i'm applying for common-law sponsorship do I list my common-law partner as a dependent?
Old Jul 4th 2012, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wesbray

This may sound like a dumb question, but in the dependents section, if i'm applying for common-law sponsorship do I list my common-law partner as a dependent?
no you dont
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

lordchewington is an unknown quantity at this point

So the CIC website updated today for processing times for sponsor approval on common law applications. Apparently they're working on apps received April 2nd. Ours was received March 12th and still no sponsor approval.
I spoke to them (as the person being sponsored) and they told me they could only speak to the person who is the sponsor. They failed to tell me this would be the case when I called the previous 4 times about the delay, so now we have to go through another 30 minute wait on the phone to get through.
Frustrated doesn't even begin to cover it.

Rant over!
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:03 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wesbray

Your Canadian sponsor does appear on the Supplementary Information Form of course but definitely not in the application form as Chris already advised.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lordchewington
So the CIC website updated today for processing times for sponsor approval on common law applications. Apparently they're working on apps received April 2nd. Ours was received March 12th and still no sponsor approval.
I spoke to them (as the person being sponsored) and they told me they could only speak to the person who is the sponsor. They failed to tell me this would be the case when I called the previous 4 times about the delay, so now we have to go through another 30 minute wait on the phone to get through.
Frustrated doesn't even begin to cover it.

Rant over!
When I was waiting for sponsorship approval and calling up (im being sponsored) I found the same thing, every time I rang I got a different answer and response to. I was told my application had been sent to Buffalo and would not be sent to London because I put Buffalo, not true, I specified London, then was told Ottawa by someone else, then another saying there was no trace of it every going to Buffalo.. kind of useless really
Old Jul 5th 2012, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

fridgedesign is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I'm a UK citizen who married my Canadian wife 5.5 weeks ago in Toronto. We have another 4.5 weeks before the wedding certificate can be produced and then stage one application can be sent by the 'SPONSOR'. We are planning to live in Toronto when this finally is all sorted, hopefully around Christmas or early New Year.

I will be applying for stage 2 via London also, we both have no criminal records, no debt and also speak English and French...

What are the timescales? Sorry, I don't have time to search this entire thread for answers.

Thanks
Dave
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Hi

I'm a UK citizen who married my Canadian wife 5.5 weeks ago in Toronto. We have another 4.5 weeks before the wedding certificate can be produced and then stage one application can be sent by the 'SPONSOR'. We are planning to live in Toronto when this finally is all sorted, hopefully around Christmas or early New Year.

I will be applying for stage 2 via London also, we both have no criminal records, no debt and also speak English and French...

What are the timescales? Sorry, I don't have time to search this entire thread for answers.

Thanks
Dave
Anything from 5-8 months depending on luck of the draw with the officer you get (quick vs slow) and how simple your application is.

Based on the fact you will be sending in a month, I would guess you would have everything by late Jan/Feb 2013 at the absolute earliest.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
Dave
both parts need to be sent together or your application will be returned
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

phew lucky you told me! ha ha
Old Jul 5th 2012, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

phew lucky you told me! ha ha
glad to be of help, i'll be sending mine off in a month or so
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

I downloaded all the forms in April but now wanting to make sure I have the up to date and correct forms.

My wife is Canadian living in Toronto. I'm a UK citizen living in Switzerland. I will reside in Europe until my VISA has come through.

Can someone confirm which forms I need?

am i filling the forms out with :

Visa and immigration applications, If you are applying from outside Canada

or

Visa and immigration applications, If you are applying from inside Canada

Any idea? Who is classed as the applicant - her or me?

I believe I'm correct filling in the 1st of the two...
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

I downloaded all the forms in April but now wanting to make sure I have the up to date and correct forms.

My wife is Canadian living in Toronto. I'm a UK citizen living in Switzerland. I will reside in Europe until my VISA has come through.

Can someone confirm which forms I need?

am i filling the forms out with :

Visa and immigration applications, If you are applying from outside Canada

or

Visa and immigration applications, If you are applying from inside Canada

Any idea? Who is classed as the applicant - her or me?

I believe I'm correct filling in the 1st of the two...
Yep the first of the two... kind of makes sense from the descriptions and your circumstances dont you think
Old Jul 5th 2012, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Yes it does, but wanted to make sure...
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

Can someone tell me how long it usually takes from mailing out the application to them opening the envelope and letting you know they received it?
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the roughscottyxx is a jewel in the rough

OK Looking at the spreadsheet...I am worried...I mailed Mine June 11th, its now July 5th and Ive not heard that they have received my package? Anyone with a similar timeline care to calm me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.