Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Mar 1st 2012, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

janham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
All you have to do now is wait for the COPR to arrive in the mail. I take it that you have updated Ecas with your new address?

I know mine went a bit wrong the first time, but when I was organising for them to re-deliver it the second time, I found out the timings based on when they originally sent it if you see what I mean. My Ecas changed to DM 20 Jan, but I since found out they started processing it on the 17 Jan, and actually mailed the COPR on 19 Jan.....in fact, the date of issue on my COPR is 17 Jan. So I suppose what I am saying is that your COPR could very well already be in the mail. If nothing had arrived by next Friday, I would drop them an email via the webform on the CIC site, just enquiring, and checking that they have your most up to date details.....but I reckon it will arrive Weds/Thurs next week.
Thanks for that VF, yes we've e-mailed the change of address a while ago but obviously who knows it may go wrong so I'll bear in mind what you've said thanksxm
Old Mar 1st 2012, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Hi there
i would like to just flag pole if we could, i didn't realize that we could just do the landing ,without entering USA, that's why i thought we should go over into Montana.
thank you so much for telling me about ESTA thing thats good to know we dont need that even if we did decide to go over to the Usa.
the other thing we were a bit worried about if we just flag poled, my husband is a Canadian citizen already, and will be with us will he have to do anything , because he some times has to work in the USA and doesn't want to be denied entry if this will effect him entering the us at a later date...
People flag pole all the time, but I have to admit that part of the reason we took an overnight stay is because I didn't want it on my record that I had been denied entry to the US, for whatever reason. Having said that, the US border lady actually told me that the correct procedure is for them to refuse you, send you back to Canada and land there. They apparently place a note on your file, explaining the reason for refused entry so that it is not a problem for future trips to the US. For me personally it just didn't sit comfortably with me, even though they told me that's the way you are supposed to do it. I don't want it noted that I was ever refused entry even if it was for a legitimate reason. If you flag pole, your husband being with you would also be refused entry and a note placed on his file. I'm 99% sure that I was just being silly about this, but that's just me. Sorry I am probably not giving you the definitive answer you want, but the way I did it was the way I was most comfortable.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
People flag pole all the time, but I have to admit that part of the reason we took an overnight stay is because I didn't want it on my record that I had been denied entry to the US, for whatever reason. Having said that, the US border lady actually told me that the correct procedure is for them to refuse you, send you back to Canada and land there. They apparently place a note on your file, explaining the reason for refused entry so that it is not a problem for future trips to the US. For me personally it just didn't sit comfortably with me, even though they told me that's the way you are supposed to do it. I don't want it noted that I was ever refused entry even if it was for a legitimate reason. If you flag pole, your husband being with you would also be refused entry and a note placed on his file. I'm 99% sure that I was just being silly about this, but that's just me. Sorry I am probably not giving you the definitive answer you want, but the way I did it was the way I was most comfortable.
Thanks for that,
i think my husband like you will feel the same...looks like we will be off to see Montana and greatfalls.
thank you very much you have been very helpful, i will keep you all posted on
how we get on
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shudda
Homestretch indeed! I'm still not even at medicals received but I've convinced myself that we're one of those cases that never gets updated
Exactly what I'm hoping! No updates, no changes.... but no requests for additional info so I'm hoping it's all in process and on it's way to us!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carrin
Exactly what I'm hoping! No updates, no changes.... but no requests for additional info so I'm hoping it's all in process and on it's way to us!
Hi carrin, I was thinking about you today, wondering where you have been!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

carrin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been hunkered down at home, logging in to check status, praying in between for some change some THING.... and getting nothing.

I'm so tired of living this life in limbo. And I know it's not too long now but really this is no way to live. Going stir crazy because he can't work.. wanting to move but not until we're settled.. answering the endless stream of questions where it came in yet. I just feel frustrated, impatient and can't wait for it all to be over.

Sorry for the rant... having a bad day.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have been hunkered down at home, logging in to check status, praying in between for some change some THING.... and getting nothing.

I'm so tired of living this life in limbo. And I know it's not too long now but really this is no way to live. Going stir crazy because he can't work.. wanting to move but not until we're settled.. answering the endless stream of questions where it came in yet. I just feel frustrated, impatient and can't wait for it all to be over.

Sorry for the rant... having a bad day.
You can rant all you like, I completely understand. I have had a bad 2 weeks, due to my husband sending the photo copy FBl certificate and us not getting UK police checks for his 2 sons. We are okay now, In Process, so today I feel good. You will feel good soon!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Ivesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ivesy
Thanks for that,
i think my husband like you will feel the same...looks like we will be off to see Montana and greatfalls.
thank you very much you have been very helpful, i will keep you all posted on
how we get on
Just had a email from the consultant we are using CIC have put the wrong surname on my CORP ....So now when it arrives i have to send it back!!!!
Big worry is our medicals expire 18/5 and we just booked a little holiday so i have to try and cancel this too...... So fed up !!!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Latest from London,

Dear Mr. xxx,

Your documents have been received and we are in the process of finalising your application.

Yours sincerely,

ACD

That was a reply to an email my husband sent regarding whether London received the additional security checks.

I am scared to be too optimistic!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 123me
Latest from London,

Dear Mr. xxx,

Your documents have been received and we are in the process of finalising your application.

Yours sincerely,

ACD

That was a reply to an email my husband sent regarding whether London received the additional security checks.

I am scared to be too optimistic!

Ok, I'll be optimistic for you
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conjonway
Ok, I'll be optimistic for you
Thanks conjonway! Like everyone else this has been a long road.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

Anybody submitted their application in the last few weeks?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp
Note: As of February 6, 2012, sponsors and applicants for Permanent Residence are asked to complete both the new Application to sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) form and the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). Sponsors and applicants are encouraged to complete the forms electronically and validate the information to generate 2D barcodes before printing. To ensure you have the most recent application forms, please use the link to the application forms.
I did, and I did not include the new IMM1344, since this little tidbit was tucked away at the bottom of the webpage. And having completed the old version of the form over a month prior to the change, I've had no reason to consult the detailed guidance about that form again. Great.

Someone on canadavisa.com mentioned they called and were told they could submit the old form so long as the app reached them by the end of February.

I am just getting so frustrated with this whole thing. It just feels like one thing after another. I've got months of waiting anyway before I get to find out if they need me to jump through some more (costly) hoops regarding my health, and in the meantime I can worry about whether some jobsworth is going to throw everything back to us.

I will just be so glad when all of this is over.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 1:03 am
Just Joined

luckyinlove is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carrin, I was just taking a look at your time line and realised that your timeline is almost the same as ours. We as well have not received any updates on CIC ECAS apart from to say decision made for sponsor and then nothing.
So we hoping that as most people are saying on here sometimes there is no update or request for further info and then a letter is sent for the final process.
Lets stay strong as we are at the end of this awful process. Keep the faith and I will make sure to update if there is any change. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Application received-Oct.31/2011
Confirmation email-Dec.29/2011 / Sponsorship approval Jan.10/2012.(one day apart)
Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

We have "DECISION MADE" on our status. Not sure my husband even knows yet, as I can't get hold of him.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

shudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 123me
We have "DECISION MADE" on our status. Not sure my husband even knows yet, as I can't get hold of him.
AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
SO FRICKEN EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.