Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

cadinsmore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Thanks... this is our second marriage for both of us but we have been married for 5 years...let's hope that we still fall into the straightforward category! They've taken the fee, so fingers crossed!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadinsmore
presume that a UKC can only move to Canada for up to 6 months and can't work....after that...back to the UK while waiting for PR paperwork?
If you have proof that a spousal application was submitted and other documents such as a marriage certificate and proof that the other is a Canadian citizen they could request a visitor record for 12 or 24 months to stay until PR is approved. Obviously they could not work unless they got a work permit approved by CIC. No need for them to stay in the UK. Obviously if refused PR status they would have to return to the UK.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

pauc is an unknown quantity at this point

presume that a UKC can only move to Canada for up to 6 months and can't work....after that...back to the UK while waiting for PR paperwork?
I *think* a UK citizen can be located in Canada and work remotely for a UK company (be paid into a UK account and pay UK tax) for 183 days as long as there is no interaction with Canadian clients.

A thread from here about this: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...l-visa-850403/

A link on CRA about this: Non-residents of Canada

I'm not 100% sure though and this is only useful if you could be a remote internet based worker.

Someone with more knowledge will hopefully correct this if wrong!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:30 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pauc
I *think* a UK citizen can be located in Canada and work remotely for a UK company (be paid into a UK account and pay UK tax) for 183 days as long as there is no interaction with Canadian clients.

A thread from here about this: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...l-visa-850403/

A link on CRA about this: Non-residents of Canada

I'm not 100% sure though and of it's only useful if you could be a remote internet based worker.

Someone with more knowledge will hopefully correct this if wrong!
This is my understanding as well - though I should also say I am not completely certain about this.

My understanding is that if you are working for a UK company, being paid into a UK bank account, and not taking any work away from Canadian workers (e.g., the work is being done for someone in the UK, you just happen to be in Canada doing it) then it should be fine.

THe links provided above are worth reading in detail. It would also be worth doing a search of previous threads on the subject, as there have been many.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

We sought advice on this from a Canadian Immigration lawyer who's advice in the end was to be very careful so not to jeopardize the PR application! Hence why my husband is still in the UK...
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:32 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

We sought advice on this from a Canadian Immigration lawyer who's advice in the end was to be very careful so not to jeopardize the PR application! Hence why my husband is still in the UK...
It's completely fine for your husband to be in Canada as a visitor while you wait for PR to be approved.

Read this: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada : British Expat Wiki
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Thanks....he's only staying there so that we have the earnings (need the dual income!)...I'll just keep my fingers crossed that processing his application is straightforward!
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

pauc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
THe links provided above are worth reading in detail. It would also be worth doing a search of previous threads on the subject, as there have been many.
There are other useful threads here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...l-visa-810804/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad.../#post11434864

I am trying to get to the bottom of if this is allowed and have gathered a few useful links (and questions!) in a post here if anyone knows for sure: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post11576730

Best of luck cadinsmore!

Last edited by pauc; Feb 27th 2015 at 7:54 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Annemarie_Edinburgh is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, an update! I got SA on February 23 after AOR on the 19th. Our application is going to Ottawa for the second stage. Now the long wait begins...

Edited to add: I just checked our status on ECAS and under permanent residence status is says that the medical results have been received. We couldn't get an appointment for the medical until after one of the police certificates expired, so we sent the application without, but my husband did get his medical last Fall and the results were sent by the doctor's office. Does this mean CIC has managed to link the two together?

Last edited by Annemarie_Edinburgh; Feb 28th 2015 at 8:54 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annemarie_Edinburgh
Finally, an update! I got SA on February 23 after AOR on the 19th. Our application is going to Ottawa for the second stage. Now the long wait begins...

Edited to add: I just checked our status on ECAS and under permanent residence status is says that the medical results have been received. We couldn't get an appointment for the medical until after one of the police certificates expired, so we sent the application without, but my husband did get his medical last Fall and the results were sent by the doctor's office. Does this mean CIC has managed to link the two together?
Spreadsheet updated. Yes if under PR application it says medicals received then they have linked the medical to your application.
Old Mar 1st 2015, 11:26 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Silly question and maybe unanswerable, I was wondering why CPCM need two more photographs of me? Reason being I sent in I think 8 previously as per instructions clean shaven, now I have a beard.... Pondering whether I should shave the beard now....
Old Mar 1st 2015, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Spreadsheet updated. Yes if under PR application it says medicals received then they have linked the medical to your application.
i guess this would only show when a officer has looked at your app? mine still says app received.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Divvym1
i guess this would only show when a officer has looked at your app? mine still says app received.
I cannot say for 100% certainty but I think when files are received in London they are checked in to their system/filing structure, and part of that process includes linking a medical to them.

I received sponsor approval on October 31st 2014 and by the end of November when I checked ECAS under the PR application it did not mention medicals being received. So I fired off an e-mail to them and requested notes to see if something was up. I did this because most users see 'medicals have been received' a couple of days after SA (ie when the file has made it to London).

My notes indicated they could not link my medical as a different user came up (their words) so I fired off another email with my medical attached and within 5 days of them receiving that e-mail my ECAS said meds are received.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Divvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond reputeDivvym1 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot say for 100% certainty but I think when files are received in London they are checked in to their system/filing structure, and part of that process includes linking a medical to them.

I received sponsor approval on October 31st 2014 and by the end of November when I checked ECAS under the PR application it did not mention medicals being received. So I fired off an e-mail to them and requested notes to see if something was up. I did this because most users see 'medicals have been received' a couple of days after SA (ie when the file has made it to London).

My notes indicated they could not link my medical as a different user came up (their words) so I fired off another email with my medical attached and within 5 days of them receiving that e-mail my ECAS said meds are received.
Interesting. I got SA a couple months back and no medical update. I'll send a note request tomorrow, thanks for the info.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Annemarie_Edinburgh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Andrew. I'm surprised as we haven't sent them the form the doctor gave us, but I guess that's the benefit of having a unique name.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.