Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

nordex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hey Everyone!

Been to Winnipeg, did Exploratory Visit. Visited about 50 locations, but only 40 companies. I Obviously used outdated listing, some of the companies moved to the other location, some of them does not exist, some of them changed name. Before I came to Winnipeg I made a map of locations I want to visit. Take a look at

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...78ba0efb&msa=0

There is ~120 IT companies on that map there but there are bunch of companies that have only 1 employee or only few of them, so I choose to skip those small ones and only visited companies that have more than 5 employees.
I had 3 interviews while I was in Winnipeg. And after I got back home I received 2 more schedule for interview emails.

I found a nice hostel at University of Winnipeg. I paid 280 C$ for 7 nights, and I got one night free because I arrived after midnight.
The price without food of course. Hostel was super clean, and great value for money. For 8 days there I spent around 130$ on food. Hostel is nicely located at Portage ave. about 1,5 km from city center. About 10 minutes from Safeway supermarket. I walked, mostly. And I also rented a bike at Gordy's for 2 days for 61.5 C$. I didn't rent a car, too expensive for me. I visited lots of places in Winnipeg, which you can see in my gallery I especially prepared for BE forum members

https://picasaweb.google.com/1074107...eat=directlink

While I was on exploratory visit I was mainly focused on finding a job, a little less on housing opportunities, which Marcus didn't like. Although I had some information that he asked me regarding housing. Hope It will be enough for invitation.

The interview took about 1 hour, he was not so impressed I visited so much companies. He only asked me if I had some Interviews and I said that I had and for what companies. I did not received invitation letter right away after interview. He told me to email him about interview that i was having few hours after interview with him, and then he will tell me about my next steps. I think that I proved that I'm employable in Winnipeg, some of the companies asked me when can I start working, which is of course positive.
Generally I like Winnipeg, It is nice place to be. Lots of stuff to do and to visit. I bought Winnipeg Jets t-shirt for me and my wife on discount.

People are so friendly here and that is so amazing thing. When I was standing on the corner or sitting on the bench with map of Winnipeg in my hand people are simply coming to me and asking if I need some help. That is so amazing. Also when I was walking, a women asked me "what time is it" and then we simply continue to walk together, guess it is normal here in Winnipeg
I had a great time while I was in Winnipeg, hope I will get my invitation as soon as possible.
Old Jul 18th 2012, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Nordex, just wanted to say congratulations on your interview and exploratory visit. You seem to have gathered so much information and the photos are really lovely. I hope you get a letter/invitation soon. Good luck and will keep fingers crossed for you. Glad you enjoyed your time in Winnipeg
Old Jul 19th 2012, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point

nordex, hope you a good luck and hear from Markus soon.

Conmar and Dammy, please let us know when you get your LOA, I'm getting so nervous...
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

forourfuture is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by New_Start

Conmar and Dammy, please let us know when you get your LOA, I'm getting so nervous...
Thanks Nordex for sharing us your photos and experience. You did it by your special way and that's really appreciated.

Wish you get approval from Markus soon.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

So we are...
Of course we will let you know, wished we could already.
But unfortunately...
Old Jul 19th 2012, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nordex

People are so friendly here and that is so amazing thing. When I was standing on the corner or sitting on the bench with map of Winnipeg in my hand people are simply coming to me and asking if I need some help. That is so amazing. Also when I was walking, a women asked me "what time is it" and then we simply continue to walk together, guess it is normal here in Winnipeg
I had a great time while I was in Winnipeg, hope I will get my invitation as soon as possible.
Hey Nordex,

thanks for sharing the pics and your report.
You are right, Friendly Manitoba is it for sure.
And yes, things like that do happen there.
It is indeed amazing, I remember once I was refuelling my car it took me 10 minutes to pay the bill, because all the people around were providing me with information about how to get a refund, where to find cheap filling stations, about the area...and much more.
Good luck! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

soulli82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Nordex.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Nordex,Wish you all the best with your application,Pray you receive favourable response from Marcus.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nordex
Hey Everyone!

Been to Winnipeg, did Exploratory Visit. Visited about 50 locations, but only 40 companies. I Obviously used outdated listing, some of the companies moved to the other location, some of them does not exist, some of them changed name. Before I came to Winnipeg I made a map of locations I want to visit. Take a look at

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...78ba0efb&msa=0

There is ~120 IT companies on that map there but there are bunch of companies that have only 1 employee or only few of them, so I choose to skip those small ones and only visited companies that have more than 5 employees.
I had 3 interviews while I was in Winnipeg. And after I got back home I received 2 more schedule for interview emails.

I found a nice hostel at University of Winnipeg. I paid 280 C$ for 7 nights, and I got one night free because I arrived after midnight.
The price without food of course. Hostel was super clean, and great value for money. For 8 days there I spent around 130$ on food. Hostel is nicely located at Portage ave. about 1,5 km from city center. About 10 minutes from Safeway supermarket. I walked, mostly. And I also rented a bike at Gordy's for 2 days for 61.5 C$. I didn't rent a car, too expensive for me. I visited lots of places in Winnipeg, which you can see in my gallery I especially prepared for BE forum members

https://picasaweb.google.com/1074107...eat=directlink

While I was on exploratory visit I was mainly focused on finding a job, a little less on housing opportunities, which Marcus didn't like. Although I had some information that he asked me regarding housing. Hope It will be enough for invitation.

The interview took about 1 hour, he was not so impressed I visited so much companies. He only asked me if I had some Interviews and I said that I had and for what companies. I did not received invitation letter right away after interview. He told me to email him about interview that i was having few hours after interview with him, and then he will tell me about my next steps. I think that I proved that I'm employable in Winnipeg, some of the companies asked me when can I start working, which is of course positive.
Generally I like Winnipeg, It is nice place to be. Lots of stuff to do and to visit. I bought Winnipeg Jets t-shirt for me and my wife on discount.

Nordex, you have indeed explored and you deserved being congratulated and pray this effort of your will not go in vain and your invite is dispatched urgently to you.

All the pictures you took have reinforced the believe that it is Manitoba (Winnipeg) or no other province and also reminded me of some places I visited during the spring and looking at your pictures they now look beautiful more than what I saw.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hello New_Start, will definitely inform you when I get it and pray we all get it sooner.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Believing
Thanks for pointing that out! It was not meant to cause any grief so apology for that,
Believing: congratulations on your passport request cum PR visa.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Mayoress is an unknown quantity at this point

@ Nordex your pictures are so nice. And have you gotten any feedback from marcus.
@ Dammy pray your LOA to come soon.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mayoress
@ Nordex your pictures are so nice. And have you gotten any feedback from marcus.
@ Dammy pray your LOA to come soon.
Thank you Mayoress.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

nordex is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mayoress
No, nothing yet. I sent him email same day I had interview with one company, that was one week ago, and another forward email of company that want interview with me.

He's torturing me for sure
Old Jul 21st 2012, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Yet another not so good news. I get refusal for my TRV .

I will study the reasons and try again.
I will keep you updated.

Regards,
Mostafa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.