Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Feb 16th 2012, 5:55 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by fridgedesign
Congratulations to everyone.

Just to let you know my situation. I received my refusal letter and have a meeting with a Canadian Immigration Lawyer in the next few days to see about an appeal. I will keep you all informed...

Keep truckin' !!
Good luck fd, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and really interested to see how things pan out
Katie
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Hi all. Today my ecas shows the line 'We reviewed your application and started processing on 17 February'. I had been stuck at the 'in process with RBVO' stage since 19 April 2011. With so many rejections that have loomed up recently, I have not even enjoyed getting the magic line. The joy seems to have gone out of it. In fact, i am in a cold sweat about it. Let's see how it pans out. Anyone know how long it takes to hear from them after the 'line'?
S.Beckett
Old Feb 21st 2012, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Here's hoping for us - you've got the all important progress shouldn't be long.

I reckon because the optimal time has passed us by we may not actually make the move until 2014. There's no solid pattern to when you progress, but at least you have something to celebrate.......
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:49 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by S.Beckett
Hi all. Today my ecas shows the line 'We reviewed your application and started processing on 17 February'. I had been stuck at the 'in process with RBVO' stage since 19 April 2011. With so many rejections that have loomed up recently, I have not even enjoyed getting the magic line. The joy seems to have gone out of it. In fact, i am in a cold sweat about it. Let's see how it pans out. Anyone know how long it takes to hear from them after the 'line'?
S.Beckett
It was less than a month after they "started processing" our application, that we received med requests. Good luck

Katie
Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
It was less than a month after they "started processing" our application, that we received med requests. Good luck

Katie
Thank you Katie. I will certainly keep my fingers crossed!
S.Beckett
Old Feb 26th 2012, 7:14 am
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Landed today

In the end we decided not to flagpole and spent a night in the US.

The whole process took about 70 mins (this was at the Rainbow bridge in Niagara). There are 6 of us so it took a little longer I guess. Slight moment of panic when she asked for proof of funds (we are FSW2) but the letter confirming permanent job after PR plus some salary statements were enough.

Almost 2 years to the day since we sent our initial app to Sydney.

Now onward to getting new SIN numbers, and waiting for PR cards....
Old Feb 26th 2012, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pfw
Landed today

In the end we decided not to flagpole and spent a night in the US.

The whole process took about 70 mins (this was at the Rainbow bridge in Niagara). There are 6 of us so it took a little longer I guess. Slight moment of panic when she asked for proof of funds (we are FSW2) but the letter confirming permanent job after PR plus some salary statements were enough.

Almost 2 years to the day since we sent our initial app to Sydney.

Now onward to getting new SIN numbers, and waiting for PR cards....
Congrats, Ottawa received my medical results 6 days ago so hoping for good news sometime soon myself.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 10:24 am
pfw
Forum Regular

pfw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Congrats, Ottawa received my medical results 6 days ago so hoping for good news sometime soon myself.
Thanks, hopefully won't be too long for you - once they really started processing our app, things moved pretty quickly.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

Originally Posted by pfw
Thanks, hopefully won't be too long for you - once they really started processing our app, things moved pretty quickly.
Woohoo,

we got our passport requests this morning! We have to fill out an updated information form, get photos and send them off with the passports to London.

Almost there.

Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting, hopefully there will be more news soon!

N.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

Woohoo,

we got our passport requests this morning! We have to fill out an updated information form, get photos and send them off with the passports to London.

Almost there.

Fingers crossed for everyone else waiting, hopefully there will be more news soon!

N.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nevee
Woohoo,

Almost there.

N.
How Exciting! Congratulations

It is full steam ahead in London
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Woohoo,

Almost there.

N.
Congratulations!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice

Woohoo,

Almost there.

N.
NICE!!!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:04 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

Woohoo,

Almost there.

N.
Nice one!!

Our passports and everything else have been with London since Monday. Can't wait for them to come back!!

Katie
Old Feb 29th 2012, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Did you guys receive passport requests by email or royal mail as cic have a habit of sending mail to our old address. How many more bloody photos do they want lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.