Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 17th 2012, 3:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Hi

Originally Posted by nevee
Hi all,

a few questions -

1. Does Ecas get updated to say that the London VO have received your passports? I sent our passports on March 1st from Vancouver to London by courier. I tracked the shipment online and it stated that it was received in the London office on March 5th but I haven't heard anything back yet from the office themselves, and all my ECas says is - medicals received, decision made.

2. For outland application that are being processed by the London VO, and where the applicants are already living in Canada (in our case on a TWP), do we have to flagpole or can we just go to the local CIC office in Vancouver to activate PR/ 'land' there? According to their site they do provide in-person assistance for immigration and PR cards: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/help.asp#bc

3. How long will it take to receive the passports back, and once we've landed/ activated PR and applied for our PR cards, how long will it take to get our PR cards?

4. Is it correct that we can't leave Canada until we have received our PR cards?

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's weekend all!

N.
1. No.
2. To land at the local CIC you have to phone the call centre 1-888-242-2100 to make an appt. Anywhere from 2-6 weeks for a date.
3. About 4 weeks for the passport to be returned. plus mailing time.
4. PR cards, 35 Business days.
5. No, you can leave, it is the returning that some airlines create difficulties.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

Thanks for the info PMM...

London, we have a problem.

We received out COPR and returned passports today, great!

BUT, there are no visas attached to our passoports!

An accompanying letter says "Enclosed are two documents for you and two documents for each dependent member of your family who will accompany you to Canada: a permanent resident visa (affixed in your passport) and a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form."

Problem is there are NO VISAS affixed in either of our passports. Did this happen to anyone else? I guess I'll have to contact London and will probably have to send the passports back again. Annoying!

N.

Last edited by nevee; Mar 20th 2012 at 2:21 am. Reason: Typo
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:08 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

An accompanying letter says "Enclosed are two documents for you and two documents for each dependent member of your family who will accompany you to Canada: a permanent resident visa (affixed in your passport) and a Confirmation of Permanent Residence form."

Problem is there are NO VISAS affixed in either of our passports. Did this happen to anyone else? I guess I'll have to contact London and will probably have to send the passports back again. Annoying!

N.

As you are citizens of a visa exempt country (assumed) CHC no longer inserts counterfoils in the passport. You get 2 copies of a plain paper COPR which you present for "landing" or if the application was processed under CAIPS rather than GCMS you get the carbon interleave COPR. Thats all you need. By the way you didn't have to send your passport, all you needed to send was a complete copy of the passport.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...011/ob348a.asp

Last edited by PMM; Mar 20th 2012 at 3:10 am.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

As you are citizens of a visa exempt country (assumed) CHC no longer inserts counterfoils in the passport. You get 2 copies of a plain paper COPR which you present for "landing" or if the application was processed under CAIPS rather than GCMS you get the carbon interleave COPR. Thats all you need. By the way you didn't have to send your passport, all you needed to send was a complete copy of the passport.

Hi PMM,

That letter was very misleading then! But I'm glad if that is the case.

We actually did have to send our passports, that's what was requested from us. They specifically asked for our passports - not worn or with any pages missing. Nothing was stated about a complete copy of the passport. Though I know others were not required to do so.

N.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

And, from your link:

"An officer may use discretion in determining whether it is necessary to see the original passport or whether a photocopy of all passport pages is sufficient."

So some people may still have to submit their passport.

N.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 11:13 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Hi PMM,

That letter was very misleading then! But I'm glad if that is the case.

We actually did have to send our passports, that's what was requested from us. They specifically asked for our passports - not worn or with any pages missing. Nothing was stated about a complete copy of the passport. Though I know others were not required to do so.

N.
Hiya,

Congrats on your COPR, nice one we just got ours too, so know how you feel.

Just wanted to add my two-Penneth and let you know that we were also asked for our actual passports and nothing was mentioned about copies.

However our passports did arrive back with visa's attached to them. I would suggest that if you have any queries, email them. I had a query when I got mine back and they replied 11 minutes later with an answer to put my mind at rest.

Katie
Old Mar 20th 2012, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hiya,

Just wanted to add my two-Penneth and let you know that we were also asked for our actual passports and nothing was mentioned about copies.

However our passports did arrive back with visa's attached to them. I would suggest that if you have any queries, email them. I had a query when I got mine back and they replied 11 minutes later with an answer to put my mind at rest.

Katie
Same here, requested actual passports and very specific about it too. At least 2 empty pages available in passport, at least 12 months before expiry date from date of medical, no rips or tears, no missing pages and no damage to signature page. No grey area as to whether to send actual passport or photocopy of all pages so passport sent.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 10:42 am
Just Joined

jss42 will become famous soon enoughjss42 will become famous soon enough

Regarding the question/answer

Is it correct that we can't leave Canada until we have received our PR cards?

Originally Posted by PMM
5. No, you can leave, it is the returning that some airlines create difficulties.

Can someone expand on this. Providing everything comes through, we were hoping to spend a week in June to land, complete paperwork etc then flying back to the UK for a further few months until we'd sorted everything.
Assuming you don't get your PR card when you land, will it cause problems if we leave and return again then?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hiya,

Katie
Thanks Katie,

I landed yesterday, woohoo!

I called CIC and the agent confirmed that you don't get the visa put into your passport if you are from a visa-exempt country, which I am. It seems that others on the forum have gotten a visa in their passport even though they are from visa-exempt countries so I don't know why that is but anyway, everything worked out ok for us in the end.

N.

Last edited by nevee; Mar 26th 2012 at 5:26 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 26th 2012, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Same here, requested actual passports and very specific about it too. At least 2 empty pages available in passport, at least 12 months before expiry date from date of medical, no rips or tears, no missing pages and no damage to signature page. No grey area as to whether to send actual passport or photocopy of all pages so passport sent.
Hi Canadian Carpers,

Yes - exactly the same for us. There was no grey area, they wanted the passports as per the requirements that you've outlined above.

N.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 6:44 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Thanks Katie,

I landed yesterday, woohoo!

I called CIC and the agent confirmed that you don't get the visa put into your passport if you are from a visa-exempt country, which I am. It seems that others on the forum have gotten a visa in their passport even though they are from visa-exempt countries so I don't know why that is but anyway, everything worked out ok for us in the end.

N.
Fantastic news on the landing nevee!
Glad it all went ok. I'm sure ours in Sept will come round soon enough. Where did you land?

Katie
Old Mar 26th 2012, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Fantastic news on the landing nevee!
Glad it all went ok. I'm sure ours in Sept will come round soon enough. Where did you land?

Katie
Thank you!

We landed in Vancouver at the Douglas/ Peace Arch border. I'll post my experience of that later if people are interested or if that's helpful.

N.
Old Mar 26th 2012, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

CANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of lightCANADIAN CARPERS is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats on landing but it will feel like an anticlimax if after thinking about nothing but visas for over 2 years our passports are returned (hopefully next week) with no visa in them
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:49 am
Just Joined

livtastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got my medical requests today!!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by livtastic
Just got my medical requests today!!!!

Congratulations!

From medical request to receiving passports back was only just over 2 months for us... Not long for you now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.