Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hiya,
We got 60 days to respond, in our recent med requests. Also got asked for Photos, RPRF draft and updated police checks, that's it.

Congrats for the med request and good luck!

Katie
Hi Katie,
Can I ask where you got your medicals done and how long did it take for the practitioner to courier the results to CHC? Did they let you have tracking info? I am in Leeds right now and here it costs £380!! In Manchester it's £280.
Your PPR was fast though, wasn't it?
Thanks.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:24 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by unusual78
Great news yet again .. hope the future formalities will now only be a matter of little time to work out.

Couldn't help but notice your Sep AOR .. many Aug AOR's are still waiting for MR's .. what happened to CIC's claims of processing in order of receiving Long Live Maple Leaf!
Hiya unusual78,

Yes, AOR was Sept '10 (sorry, I know this isn't 'my thread')!

I think I may have helped speed them up being on their back, especially so when husbands Arranged Employment Opinion was approved.

It was said on the forum before, that as our initial application was submitted with no job offer, an approved job offer acquired during the process, would not make a difference. However after it was approved and I notified CIC via e-mail and this is when things seemed to start moving for us.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:36 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by unusual78
Great news yet again .. hope the future formalities will now only be a matter of little time to work out.

Couldn't help but notice your Sep AOR .. many Aug AOR's are still waiting for MR's .. what happened to CIC's claims of processing in order of receiving Long Live Maple Leaf!
Originally Posted by S.Beckett
Hi Katie,
Can I ask where you got your medicals done and how long did it take for the practitioner to courier the results to CHC? Did they let you have tracking info? I am in Leeds right now and here it costs £380!! In Manchester it's £280.
Your PPR was fast though, wasn't it?
Thanks.
Hi S.B.,
Although we live in Bingley and Leeds was closer, we were quoted £260 a head from there.

We therefore travelled an hour to Manchester's New Collegiate Medical Centre and had them done for £198 per head (£150 for medical, £48 for X-ray - 2 people).

Our meds were done on Friday 20/1 and the results were sent by courier to CIC (included in cost) exactly 2 weeks later to the day, on a next-day service, arriving at CIC On 6/2. Yep, they did give me the tracking number without me needing to ask for it!

It was the X-ray results that took the longest to come back. When I called the medical centre, they blamed the hospital for the delay, saying it was all they were waiting for.

PPR was a couple of weeks later, so yes pretty fast! Once again, I emailed them to query what I should tell the employer, as they had put a start date for husbands job on the AEO of 1/3. With a couple of hours, they'd e-mailed me back with PPR's!

So my experience with emailing CIC has been a good one, whereas I know other peoples on here has been cr*p.

Hope that helps?

Katie
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Hi S.B.,
Although we live in Bingley and Leeds was closer, we were quoted £260 a head from there.

We therefore travelled an hour to Manchester's New Collegiate Medical Centre and had them done for £198 per head (£150 for medical, £48 for X-ray - 2 people).

Our meds were done on Friday 20/1 and the results were sent by courier to CIC (included in cost) exactly 2 weeks later to the day, on a next-day service, arriving at CIC On 6/2. Yep, they did give me the tracking number without me needing to ask for it!

It was the X-ray results that took the longest to come back. When I called the medical centre, they blamed the hospital for the delay, saying it was all they were waiting for.

PPR was a couple of weeks later, so yes pretty fast! Once again, I emailed them to query what I should tell the employer, as they had put a start date for husbands job on the AEO of 1/3. With a couple of hours, they'd e-mailed me back with PPR's!

So my experience with emailing CIC has been a good one, whereas I know other peoples on here has been cr*p.

Hope that helps?

Katie
Thank you so much for your detailed reply, Katie. I did call the Collegiate Medical Centre but they said that they had no dates availible for the time being. The other option is Bridgewater Hospital and they charge £280.
I did ask the Leeds Students Medical Centre but they said the charges were £380? You mentioned £260. Was it the same place because that is the only one on the list. Did I hear wrong over the phone?
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:28 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, Katie. I did call the Collegiate Medical Centre but they said that they had no dates availible for the time being. The other option is Bridgewater Hospital and they charge £280.
I did ask the Leeds Students Medical Centre but they said the charges were £380? You mentioned £260. Was it the same place because that is the only one on the list. Did I hear wrong over the phone?
You're welcome

Right well I can't recall where to lay my hands on the DMP list (that one went into some section in the brain I think they call the trash can, prbably to clear space for what's to come) however yes I do remember there was only one Leeds option. I am pretty certain it was £260 pp as I also have in my head, the fact that we were "saving" £120 by driving an hour to Manc. Leeds also couldn't get us in for at least 5 weeks which is why New Collegiate was attractive at 2 wks and a cheaper price.

I found a post that I put on here in Jan where I made reference to the 120 saving and as that was much closer to the time I was ringing round, I'm assuming it was right for the time when I was ringing round (5th jan I think).

Would the £380 have been some sort of quoted price, without X-rays included? As I know you have to go to the LGI for them, so may have to pay them direct. Im not sure how many people you need to put through the meds but if its 2, could it be £380 for 2 x meds and £140 for 2 x X-rays? Just a thought

Katie
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

You're welcome

Right well I can't recall where to lay my hands on the DMP list (that one went into some section in the brain I think they call the trash can, prbably to clear space for what's to come) however yes I do remember there was only one Leeds option. I am pretty certain it was £260 pp as I also have in my head, the fact that we were "saving" £120 by driving an hour to Manc. Leeds also couldn't get us in for at least 5 weeks which is why New Collegiate was attractive at 2 wks and a cheaper price.

I found a post that I put on here in Jan where I made reference to the 120 saving and as that was much closer to the time I was ringing round, I'm assuming it was right for the time when I was ringing round (5th jan I think).

Would the £380 have been some sort of quoted price, without X-rays included? As I know you have to go to the LGI for them, so may have to pay them direct. Im not sure how many people you need to put through the meds but if its 2, could it be £380 for 2 x meds and £140 for 2 x X-rays? Just a thought

Katie
Would it surprise you if I said they quoted £380 for ONE person? I asked her twice over the phone because I was stunned and I thought I heard her say the same both times! Anyways, Bridgewater Hospital it is then. Heard it's good.
Katie, did they need pap smear results?
Old Mar 4th 2012, 12:36 am
Outsyder Adventurer

Would it surprise you if I said they quoted £380 for ONE person? I asked her twice over the phone because I was stunned and I thought I heard her say the same both times! Anyways, Bridgewater Hospital it is then. Heard it's good.
Katie, did they need pap smear results?
I'm not sure what the results are, that you mean. I obviously know what a smear is and they asked me when I last had one, but moved on from that after she referred to my age. (32)

Yep, £380 for one person is a massive shock !

Katie
Old Mar 4th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice

Originally Posted by CanadianDreams
How Exciting! Congratulations

It is full steam ahead in London
Thank you, I'm delighted. Amen indeed. Hope you get you PPR soon,

N.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

nevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nicenevee is just really nice
Smile Re: AOR from London June/July 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by heading-west
Congratulations!
Thank you!
Old Mar 4th 2012, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MapleSauce
NICE!!!
Thank you, I'll drink to that
Old Mar 4th 2012, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Nice one!!

Our passports and everything else have been with London since Monday. Can't wait for them to come back!!

Katie
Nice one is right, I sent our passports via courier from Vancouver last Thursday so London are due to receive them tomorrow (Monday).

Once we get them back and the COPR, I have to figure out how we'll "land". Neither of us have driving licenses for here yet and it's a big ask to have someone drive us down to the border to flagpole. Might just have to take a last minute celebratory trip to Seattle or Portland to activate PR on the way back in. Given the amount of time, patience and money this whole process has taken, I don't mind that now we're at the final hurdle.
N.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 99problems
Can I please ask what you mean by updated forms? Do you mean the whole set of original forms redone? Next question if yes, do they need updated employer references etc (I am worried about this as only recently started new job and dont want to jeopardize my position).
Hi,

The updated forms that I had to submit with my medicals were:

* Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]
* Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
+
* Updated Police Certificates
* 2 recent photo's for CIC

I didn't need to include references for any new or present jobs.

Good luck!

N.
Old Mar 4th 2012, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CANADIAN CARPERS
Did you guys receive passport requests by email or royal mail as cic have a habit of sending mail to our old address. How many more bloody photos do they want lol.
I received mine by email. And I know, right? How many photos of me do they really need?!?

N.
Old Mar 12th 2012, 4:39 am
Just Joined

livtastic is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there any FSW cat 3 people still waiting out there?
Old Mar 16th 2012, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,

a few questions -

1. Does Ecas get updated to say that the London VO have received your passports? I sent our passports on March 1st from Vancouver to London by courier. I tracked the shipment online and it stated that it was received in the London office on March 5th but I haven't heard anything back yet from the office themselves, and all my ECas says is - medicals received, decision made.

2. For outland application that are being processed by the London VO, and where the applicants are already living in Canada (in our case on a TWP), do we have to flagpole or can we just go to the local CIC office in Vancouver to activate PR/ 'land' there? According to their site they do provide in-person assistance for immigration and PR cards: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...es/help.asp#bc

3. How long will it take to receive the passports back, and once we've landed/ activated PR and applied for our PR cards, how long will it take to get our PR cards?

4. Is it correct that we can't leave Canada until we have received our PR cards?

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's weekend all!

N.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.