My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Apr 28th 2017, 4:57 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by spidergirl6
If hes joining me what do i state on the invitation letter ,do they ask for proof of employment bank statements from me.
This is what you need, Visa application information.

This is where the application will go, Where to apply.
Old Apr 29th 2017, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

spidergirl6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi would it be easier for my husband to get a eu family visa for spain then we travel to malta together.Then i do residence in malta
Old Apr 29th 2017, 11:18 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
This is what you need, Visa application information.

This is where the application will go, Where to apply.
Much respect to you DaveLovesDee, you patiently and knowledgeably answer so many questions and, unfortunately, often with no thanks at all.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi would it be easier for my husband to get a eu family visa for spain then we travel to malta together.Then i do residence in malta
re your prior quote- there is an EU help line/email that you could contact off the website link I posted before - at the bottom is ' need help and advice' Travel documents for non-EU family members - Your Europe

I think it depends where you are now. If you are in spain now, yes possibly easier, . esp if you have an address there as he can be joining you there.

The reason I asked ,where you were married, was that it is advisable to travel also with an original marriage certificate. and for the schengen visa application you/he will need one. If the marriage was in another country ( non eu especially) you may need a translation ) the only other thing that may be asked ( if I read correctly) is travel insurance for him. again the EU help contact may help clarify that.

the residence application is the next step in any eu country, you/he have up to 90 days in any eu country before you need apply. during that time he could look for work . you don't necessarily have to be there all the time, but by the end or just before the 90 days then you both need to apply for residence. his will be part of yours/ add on. For self sufficient you will need to show bank statements . or you could show you are searching for work as exercising your treaty rights.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi angie 329 i want us to do the residence in malta ,cause in spain their is no work and its hard living here.So if i send the rental agreement for family member do i still have to travel with him.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi angie 329 i want us to do the residence in malta ,cause in spain their is no work and its hard living here.So if i send the rental agreement for family member do i still have to travel with him.
If he's still in Morocco, it's pretty much the same application as for Malta.

Where in Spain are you? The tourist season starts in the resorts (Majorca/Menorca may be worth looking at) soon as well. And in Faro, Portugal.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

thanks davelovesdee for all your help i will see how i get on
Old Apr 30th 2017, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=spidergirl6;12241442]Hi angie 329 i want us to do the residence in malta ,cause in spain their is no work and its hard living here.So if i send the rental agreement for family member do i still have to travel with him.[/QUOTE

the rental agreement is when you do a residence application together in an EU country .

you do not need a rental agreement for his application for a family member schengen visa application which allows him to travel into the EU..
he then would have 90 days before or until he applies with you for a residence permit which is when you have to show proof of accommodation/ address. you will need to be with him when you apply and when the residence cards are ready for collection in person.

davelovesdee has put the link and info. Also about spanish work. I think it would be easier to get a residence permit in spain really. Malta flat rentals are expensive now and have gone up a lot.

if you are both in spain and he has a schengen tourist visa he should be able to travel with you into malta as long as you have the marriage certificate as back up. I do not know if he can travel alone. davelovesdee has queried where you got that information.
Old Apr 30th 2017, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

No malta is the place i want to live and thats where i want to do the residence .
Old May 4th 2017, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

hi i hope am doing this right i have got a solicitor to do the invitation and she said its best to get him to join me in spain ,she wanted to see accomodation agreement ,copy of passports of me and him. I hope he can get through customs with this letter .
Old May 4th 2017, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Does this help with the family visa ?
Old May 4th 2017, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Solicitor should be helping you apply for him to have a schengen visa as the spouse of an eu person ( you). it should be granted as a multiple entry over one or two years. It does depend on the country you apply through somewhat-as to how long they give it - so the solicitor should know .

I agree easier to get him to join you in spain - then travel on to other EU countries.

under EU law the important thing is the proof of marriage, i.e the marriage certificate for the schengen visa application- that is a must. Have you got more original copies of your certificate? its useful to have them.

I kept asking where you were married, as the marriage certificate has to be either from a country that complies with some international standard ( cant remember exactly what) OR it may have to be translated and authenticated in the country it was made in by a government body.

again your solicitor should know..
Old May 4th 2017, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

yeah sorry angie 329 yeah we are married and it has been transleted into spanish with a apostille.I dont have to show any proof of earnings do i ?sorry about this its all so confusing to me.
Old May 4th 2017, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

yeah sorry angie 329 yeah we are married and it has been transleted into spanish with a apostille.I dont have to show any proof of earnings do i ?sorry about this its all so confusing to me.
For a schengen visa, for your husband to travel into and around the EU, ( for up to 90 days) All he needs ( by EU law) is the Marriage Certificate. NOT proof of income.
some embassies like the letter of invitation if he is travelling to join you, the eu citizen. the lawyer will advise. Also sometimes they may ask for travel insurance.

it is advisable for him to travel with the marriage certificate after he has used it to apply for the schengen visa. I suggest you get the lawyer to make copies and notarise them as a true copy.

STEP 2
is - if you and he want to stay/ settle down in an EU country OVER 90 days, you need to apply for residence permit in that country. then you need either to be applying for work , have found work, or show proof of self sufficiency income and that is when you will need to show bank statements, that is exercising treaty rights....etc.
Old May 4th 2017, 11:06 am
Account Closed

hi i hope am doing this right i have got a solicitor to do the invitation and she said its best to get him to join me in spain ,she wanted to see accomodation agreement ,copy of passports of me and him. I hope he can get through customs with this letter .
None of this is needed for a Schengen visa application as the Family member of an EU national.

Those are all question marked * on the Schengen visa application I linked to earlier.

Nope.

Originally Posted by angie_329
For a schengen visa, for your husband to travel into and around the EU, ( for up to 90 days) All he needs ( by EU law) is the Marriage Certificate. NOT proof of income.
some embassies like the letter of invitation if he is travelling to join you, the eu citizen. the lawyer will advise. Also sometimes they may ask for travel insurance.

it is advisable for him to travel with the marriage certificate after he has used it to apply for the schengen visa. I suggest you get the lawyer to make copies and notarise them as a true copy.

STEP 2
is - if you and he want to stay/ settle down in an EU country OVER 90 days, you need to apply for residence permit in that country. then you need either to be applying for work , have found work, or show proof of self sufficiency income and that is when you will need to show bank statements, that is exercising treaty rights....etc.
Pretty much what Angie said. Very few people have needed a solicitor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.