My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Jul 29th 2017, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by Mfasahatali
Thanks for yor respone....
Really appreciate it

Is it easy for a non eu to gain entry as a tourist or join family in ireland? By ireland i reckon you mean republic of i reland?
I'm pharmacy technician by the way and my wife worked at post office in the uk for several years...
I read it somewhere that it may take over 6 months to get resident card in ireland whereas in Denmark it takes no more than few weeks(after 3months of your stay)
Don't enter as a tourist. That will go against you. Are you a visa national?

Rep. of Ireland is a 'C' visa application, for most other EU countries it's a Schengen visa application.

Length of time for receiving a host-country RC varies, but in Ireland you'll get a temp (6-month) RC probably a month after applying, then the full 5-yr RC after about 6 months. Malta has been averaging 6 months for the non-EU RC.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Mfasahatali is an unknown quantity at this point

Im non EEA & my wify shes BC.
I lived in uk for good five years (never with my wife back then)

May be I should try for irish visa and we should stay there for three months fulfilling all the requirements and a day after 3 months i think I'll be free to apply for temp RC?

Will i be able to move to uk once i get irish RC?
Old Jul 29th 2017, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Im non EEA & my wify shes BC.
I lived in uk for good five years (never with my wife back then)

May be I should try for irish visa and we should stay there for three months fulfilling all the requirements and a day after 3 months i think I'll be free to apply for temp RC?

Will i be able to move to uk once i get irish RC?
You'd be better off applying for the Irish RC as soon as you meet the requirements, and stay there as long as you can. Definitely don't even consider leaving Ireland for the UK before you have the 5yr Irish RC.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
You'd be better off applying for the Irish RC as soon as you meet the requirements, and stay there as long as you can. Definitely don't even consider leaving Ireland for the UK before you have the 5yr Irish RC.
Thanks for your valuable advice! I'll definitely take a note of that...
Old Jul 29th 2017, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for your valuable advice! I'll definitely take a note of that...
Here's something else to think about. Settle in Ireland.

5 years in Ireland gets you Permanent Residence, another year after that means you can apply for an Irish passport. Residents of Ireland can more easily visit the UK because of the Common Travel Area. You'd be able to visit the UK more easily, and this would be less stressful than trying to return earlier and have to deal with the HO and Brexit. With Irish RCs, PR or citizenship, you've still got EU free movement within the rest of the EU post-Brexit.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
Don't enter as a tourist. That will go against you. Are you a visa national?

Rep. of Ireland is a 'C' visa application, for most other EU countries it's a Schengen visa application.

Length of time for receiving a host-country RC varies, but in Ireland you'll get a temp (6-month) RC probably a month after applying, then the full 5-yr RC after about 6 months. Malta has been averaging 6 months for the non-EU RC.

Hey!
Type c visa for ireland is for short stay?
Is it possible to visit using this application (wherein one agrees to leave the country before visa expires and has no rights to apply for another visa?) and apply for GNIB(RC) card?

INIS's website suggests the same. To apply for Type C (single entry visa*) and apply for GNIB(RC) card once we gain entry.
Little confused here......
Old Jul 30th 2017, 12:10 am
Account Closed

Hey!
Type c visa for ireland is for short stay?
Is it possible to visit using this application (wherein one agrees to leave the country before visa expires and has no rights to apply for another visa?) and apply for GNIB(RC) card?

INIS's website suggests the same. To apply for Type C (single entry visa*) and apply for GNIB(RC) card once we gain entry.
Little confused here......
Yup, you want a Type 'C' visa for a family member of an EU national.

Also, see http://www.citizensinformation.ie/
Old Aug 13th 2017, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

baig is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone!!! could someone please guide me where and how to get form for family permit?
Old Aug 13th 2017, 1:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baig
hello everyone!!! could someone please guide me where and how to get form for family permit?
Apply online at https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
Old Aug 13th 2017, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

thank you so much.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

alex98uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I was wonder whether anyone can give me some guidance on my upcoming application. As I understand it, there were changes made recetly to Surinder Singh that makes it more difficult.

I am a British citizen living in Germany since 2014. My wife is a Chilean citizen living in Munich since 2012. We are married since the start of June this year, but living together for just over 2 years.

I believe we have most of the documents in place to show that we have resided in Germany for a considerable period of time and have had assets here as part of our life. We have rental contract, pay slips, mobile phone contracts, car finance contracts, state registration documents, health insurance documents, flight documents.

What has me stumped is this:

"integrated there - for example proof of speaking the language, having children born or living there, or involvement in your local community"

My wife speaks German, but has no official paperwork to prove this (she works in German, but never took exams). I personally don't speak German as my clients generally aren't from here. We don't have any children either. Involvement in the local community I don't really get, we have German friends, I play in a squash league etc...

What do we need to prove an integrated life? What did others provide for this?

I was thinking to include photos of us in Germany, with our friends. I was also going to include a signed statement from our friends saying that they've known us since X date. I might throw in some emails from my squash club showing arranged matches etc...

Anyone got some good ideas? This is the bit I fear the most!
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 6:14 am
Just Joined

hi everyone is there any recent changes in surinder Singh route? (language related) thanks
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:02 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baig
hi everyone is there any recent changes in surinder Singh route? (language related) thanks
There's no English language requirement if that's what you mean.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:21 am
Just Joined

yeh thanks for reply.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

prsouza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys. How are you ? I really need ur help. We are a wee bit desperate.

First, I'm gonna tell you our story so you can have a wee bit of backgroup.

Me and my girlfriend are in a relationship for 3 years now. I'm from Brazil and she is british.

We met when I was studying abroad. We stayed together for 4 months and then we started our long distance relationship, after the exchanging programme that I was doing finished.

So far we have been travelling to see each other every time we can, which means every time we have vacations.

She graduated from university this year and I will graduate next year. She has a part time job and she is applying for graduation jobs/full time jobs. I have a part time job in university.

Unfortunately we have been spending a lot of money in flights to see each other which really strike hard into our savings. We are both broken students which makes things even more difficult.

Next year our relationship is going to suffer a huge impact: we both will start our full time jobs and we won't be able to see each other with the same frequency as we are used to. And that sucks.

We started to search about ways to stay together. She really wanted to come to Brazil but since she can't speak the language + her major is very unlikely to find a job here we aborted that idea. Then we decided that I should go and then... £18,600 restriction.

That really frustrated our plans. As we don't have experience and good jobs this salary restriction seems something impossible for us in the short range. Also only her salary is relevant.

We started to looking for other possibilities and we saw this Surinder Singh route. My question is: is it a good alternative ? Can we still use it ?

My girlfriend is British but she holds an Irish passport too because she was born in Northern Ireland (she has both passport). So things would be easier for her if we decide to use this Surinder Singh route via Ireland ? I know that we have to be married and we are def keen to marry.

Please guys, any information that you can give me it will be extremely useful.

Thanks for your help and the courage of reading off all that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.