BundyMum update

Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:49 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: BundyMum update

Originally Posted by bundy
Thanks guys...who knows how long we'll get in the end. The point is that it isn't going to be as long a time as we might have thought before all this happened. So, yes, making every day count.

The thing that upsets her most is not seeing her grandkids. Although I did point out to my older brother, married last July, that we might have 9 months and that, you know, there's time to squeeze in grandchild number one if he and my SIL get cracking! Seriously though, it is sad. But we're going to get my mum to tell us all the important things about our family, get a lot of stuff down on tape or video if we can so her grandchildren will get to know her. She may not be able to stick around long enough to meet them, but she'll always be there on the edge of things and she'll always be a big part of their lives.

It's my younger brother's birthday on Friday and my poor mum couldn't sign his card because she didn't know what to say. It's the little things like that which stop us in our tracks and makes us all a bit sad. Like my dad - he has to spend two nights on his own next week in a pause between relatives (my mum will be at the hospice). I asked him if he wanted me to bring my flight forward and he said no, he'd have to get used to being in the house on his own at some point. Out of all the news we've had recently, that's the bit that made me cry.

Anyway, we're going to push the boat out this Christmas, order in a lot of gin, get hold of some Bundy Rum because the whole famly loves it (especially my dad!), eat, drink, laugh, cry, talk, reflect and spend time together. Next aim: my mum wants to be well enough to go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve.
Make sure you get plenty of that rum in stock, and have a wonderful family Christmas together. The video sounds like a terrific idea, and will give your Mom something important to get her teeth into. Someone had the foresight to keep all my grandfather's letters home from his various travels, and a diary he kept during the WW2. Even tho' he died in 1943, I really feel like I know him - I've found out where I got my weird sense of humor from, too!

Will be thinking of you all.....

Anya xxx
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I asked him if he wanted me to bring my flight forward and he said no, he'd have to get used to being in the house on his own at some point. Out of all the news we've had recently, that's the bit that made me cry.

Oohhhh, bless him, hope he has to wait a long time before that point comes. The only positive thing I can think is, at least you know that you have the next few months to make her life (and yours) as good as you can, and you can get all her thoughts etc down to remember. We weren't expecting my dad to go when he did and apart from the sadness we felt (hindsight) flat that we hadn't found out more about his history etc. 13 years on, we suddenly find out something he did when young that we had no idea about.

Laugh at the absurb and try not to cry
Old Nov 18th 2004, 8:35 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Oohhhh, bless him, hope he has to wait a long time before that point comes. The only positive thing I can think is, at least you know that you have the next few months to make her life (and yours) as good as you can, and you can get all her thoughts etc down to remember. We weren't expecting my dad to go when he did and apart from the sadness we felt (hindsight) flat that we hadn't found out more about his history etc. 13 years on, we suddenly find out something he did when young that we had no idea about.

Laugh at the absurb and try not to cry
Thanks Penny. Yep, we're pretty lucky to have a bit of time and we all know that. I've already said to my mum all the things that needed to be said, and it's a big comfort to know that.

Still perfectly able to laugh at the absurd and believe me, there are many things happening on a daily basis that border on the ridiculous and my mum and I spend a lot of the time surpressing giggles. The latest is that we have renamed her cancer her MoFo because my younger brother, on hearing the news about her prognosis, said to my mum (and I quote) 'this cancer is a right mother*****er, isn't it?'. My mum thought it was hysterical particularly when taken literally, so she's not in Southampton being treated for cancer, she's there having her MoFo zapped. We'll be laughing to the end, I know that.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 10:48 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Right, here I go, off to Jersey again. BundyMum is safely enconsed in the luxury that is the Jersey Hospice and I'm off to keep my dad company, spend time with my mum and generally help out. No idea when I'll be back.....but not for a while.

If anyone sees a lost-looking aussie bush boy wandering around Cambridge, give him a pat on the shoulder - it'll be Mr B. He's keeping things together here while I jet off yet again.

Simone is very kindly going to post some updates for me as my ability to hop online is so severely reduced in Jersey (thanks Simone )

Look after yourselves

Bundy
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 10:51 am
Professional Princess

Take care bundy.

Love to your mum.

Sam.

chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Right, here I go, off to Jersey again. BundyMum is safely enconsed in the luxury that is the Jersey Hospice and I'm off to keep my dad company, spend time with my mum and generally help out. No idea when I'll be back.....but not for a while.

If anyone sees a lost-looking aussie bush boy wandering around Cambridge, give him a pat on the shoulder - it'll be Mr B. He's keeping things together here while I jet off yet again.

Simone is very kindly going to post some updates for me as my ability to hop online is so severely reduced in Jersey (thanks Simone )

Look after yourselves

Bundy
Hope you enjoy Jersey.. (I am a Jersey Man through and through)

We do have Internet Cafes, I havent been back in a while, but there is one in St Aubins called Murrays.

have fun

Shane...

PS, if you can go to Portlet Inn and have a bowl of Moules for me.. the thing I miss most about home..
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=bundy]

All the best Bundy. Glad BM is home(ish) again. Have a good giggle with M & D.

Am sure Mr B will cope even if he is a man Give BM and D big hugs from everyone here.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 10:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You look after yourself Bundy, as well as taking care of your family.
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
love
Polly & The Bloke
x
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:22 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Take Care Bundy,

Love & our thoughts are with you all x

Donna & Malcolm.
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:34 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Safe travel Bundy, take care.

Matt
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:35 am
Cheeky

Take care Bundy,

Cheeky
xx

Old Nov 23rd 2004, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Keep strong
My thoughts are with you.

Di
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 12:05 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Look after yourselves

Bundy
Take care Bundy, look after yourself

Love Kala
Old Nov 23rd 2004, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya bundy

love and best wishes to you and BM. I was thinking about you guys today at my hospital appointment with my oncologist.

"Empathy is your pain in my heart." Author Unknown.... I'm sure that all of us on here feels this way...I can't put it any better than that.

Create some beautiful memories together with the time you have with BM.

lots of love

sophia xx
Old Nov 27th 2004, 3:50 pm
She's a bird, you know

Looks like I've beaten Simone to this, so here's the latest update from here in Jersey...

It's been all-go this week! Arrived on Tuesday to find BundyMum looking very perky back at the hospice having had her brother and sister visiting at the weekend. I've spent a lot of time with her on my own while my dad whirls about doing stuff and we've had some great chats. She's been a bit wobbly, but that's to be expected. We spoke to her consultant who has revised her 'sentence' so to speak.....basically it all hinges on the effectiveness of the radiotherapy. If it's worked, she have months. If it hasn't, more like weeks. But the good news is that she has gained a lot of strength in her legs, has earned maximum brownie points from the physio for doing her exercises and is generally looking a lot freer in her movements. Plus she is absolutely no pain whatsoever which is the best thing of all, and it's made her a lot brighter.

The most exciting development, however, is The Corset.Yep, she got it yesterday, was strapped straight in - it looks like a straightjacket, all buckles and velcro - and walked for the first time in weeks. We spent most of last night on the floor in laughter because it's clearly designed by a man and there is nowhere to, erm, put the boobs! They are completely out of control somewhere under her chin and bouncing and rolling all over the place. It's funny enough in itself, but we had some very posh relatives visiting last night and I was on Boob Patrol in case one of them escaped in front of company. We're going to lash 'em down with some gaffer tape.

All this means that she should be home next week, subject to a house vetting by the occupational therapist and district nurse. I spent 5 hours cleaning the house yesterday in preparation. if we can make some adjustments, she should be home pretty much permanently for now at least, just going back to the hospice for baths and pampering. She's over the moon, as are we all.

Posh relatives are taking my dad, brother and SIL out for a posh dinner tonight, but they hadn't realised I was here, so I'm not invited!!! Charming. But I don't mind in the least because I'm off to the hospice to spend a girly evening with my mum watching DVDs.

So, that's that really. Don't get much of a chance to get online, but I can feel the waves of support nonetheless, so thanks once again. More reports to follow.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.