Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello, I did it Backword...

Hello, I did it Backword...

Old Mar 19th 2014, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

IndiaInMyMind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello, I did it Backword...

Yes, "backword" not "backward" I have posted before introducing myself, sorry...

I live in Canada, am a female, took early retirement, and I with a few other friends searching for a warm, inexpensive country with full of history or located near such countries.

India was our first choice but you all now how hard to get a permanent visa for it, so, now we are thinking of Malta or Cyprus (North or South, we do not want to fight); Any info and links will be appreciated.

And, if any of you have any questions about Canada I would answer.

Thank you to the starters of this site, and others who are contributed to it which made me feel good to be part of it.

Last edited by IndiaInMyMind; Mar 19th 2014 at 10:37 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2014, 10:58 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello, I did it Backword...

Originally Posted by IndiaInMyMind
Yes, "backword" not "backward" I have posted before introducing myself, sorry...

I live in Canada, am a female, took early retirement, and I with a few other friends searching for a warm, inexpensive country with full of history or located near such countries.

India was our first choice but you all now how hard to get a permanent visa for it, so, now we are thinking of Malta or Cyprus (North or South, we do not want to fight); Any info and links will be appreciated.

And, if any of you have any questions about Canada I would answer.

Thank you to the starters of this site, and others who are contributed to it which made me feel good to be part of it.
Hi and welcome to BE
Old Mar 20th 2014, 1:10 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the forum

I see you've also checked out the Sri Lanka retirement visa. You might also like to check out the Malaysian retirement visa too (MM2H). I have that one. There's a Read Me sticky topic at the top of the Malaysia section of the forum. Quite a good visa...10 year visa and renewable. And it's hot all year round. You can bring in any income tax free, not taxed in Malaysia.

Another option is Thailand which has a one year "retirement" visa. No Read Me topic on that but, if you post in the Thailand section, someone will be able to answer any questions.

Last edited by bakedbean; Mar 20th 2014 at 1:12 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

IndiaInMyMind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hello and welcome to the forum

I see you've also checked out the Sri Lanka retirement visa. You might also like to check out the Malaysian retirement visa too (MM2H). I have that one. There's a Read Me sticky topic at the top of the Malaysia section of the forum. Quite a good visa...10 year visa and renewable. And it's hot all year round. You can bring in any income tax free, not taxed in Malaysia.

Another option is Thailand which has a one year "retirement" visa. No Read Me topic on that but, if you post in the Thailand section, someone will be able to answer any questions.
Thank you 'bakedbean', I did years of research, and travelled to all the countries I like to live in. And, I am not looking only for a warm place where the things are not expensive therefore I must have a few other things that will make me keep interested. So, I will not move to Malaysia and Thailand.