British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Hello, I did it Backword... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/hello-i-did-backword-829081/)

IndiaInMyMind Mar 19th 2014 10:35 pm

Hello, I did it Backword...

Yes, "backword" not "backward" I have posted before introducing myself, sorry...

I live in Canada, am a female, took early retirement, and I with a few other friends searching for a warm, inexpensive country with full of history or located near such countries.

India was our first choice but you all now how hard to get a permanent visa for it, so, now we are thinking of Malta or Cyprus (North or South, we do not want to fight); Any info and links will be appreciated.

And, if any of you have any questions about Canada I would answer.

Thank you to the starters of this site, and others who are contributed to it which made me feel good to be part of it.:goodpost:

old.sparkles Mar 19th 2014 10:58 pm

Re: Hello, I did it Backword...

Originally Posted by IndiaInMyMind (Post 11181286)
Yes, "backword" not "backward" I have posted before introducing myself, sorry...

I live in Canada, am a female, took early retirement, and I with a few other friends searching for a warm, inexpensive country with full of history or located near such countries.

India was our first choice but you all now how hard to get a permanent visa for it, so, now we are thinking of Malta or Cyprus (North or South, we do not want to fight); Any info and links will be appreciated.

And, if any of you have any questions about Canada I would answer.

Thank you to the starters of this site, and others who are contributed to it which made me feel good to be part of it.:goodpost:

Hi and welcome to BE :lol:

bakedbean Mar 20th 2014 1:10 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I see you've also checked out the Sri Lanka retirement visa. You might also like to check out the Malaysian retirement visa too (MM2H). I have that one. There's a Read Me sticky topic at the top of the Malaysia section of the forum. Quite a good visa...10 year visa and renewable. And it's hot all year round. You can bring in any income tax free, not taxed in Malaysia.

Another option is Thailand which has a one year "retirement" visa. No Read Me topic on that but, if you post in the Thailand section, someone will be able to answer any questions.

IndiaInMyMind Mar 21st 2014 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 11182090)
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I see you've also checked out the Sri Lanka retirement visa. You might also like to check out the Malaysian retirement visa too (MM2H). I have that one. There's a Read Me sticky topic at the top of the Malaysia section of the forum. Quite a good visa...10 year visa and renewable. And it's hot all year round. You can bring in any income tax free, not taxed in Malaysia.

Another option is Thailand which has a one year "retirement" visa. No Read Me topic on that but, if you post in the Thailand section, someone will be able to answer any questions.

Thank you 'bakedbean', I did years of research, and travelled to all the countries I like to live in. And, I am not looking only for a warm place where the things are not expensive therefore I must have a few other things that will make me keep interested. So, I will not move to Malaysia and Thailand.