Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

XE questions - and other banking questions

XE questions - and other banking questions

Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:46 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: XE questions - and other banking questions

Originally Posted by Elvira
Oh hello Davy.......... long time no see!

(And I agree with you....... moneygrams )
Hello - when I start to get bored/annoyed with work it's funny how I invariably end up in here
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tracym
aaargh I want to transfer a whole great big 50 GBP lolol.

tracy, just get keith to phone his old uk bank tomorrow and explain the situation and with a bit of luck he will be back in business then he can simply write a cheque from the uk bank for the £50.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
For 50 quid you are wasting your time anyway. You'll lose about 20% no matter what way you chose to transfer it. Better just letting it sit for a while - will no-one (you know) ever be making a trip back to the UK ??
I'm trying to pay a bill in the UK.

The payee suggested a wire transfer - which would cost more than the amount owed. Sigh.

They don't take credit cards.. or anything else I've found so far.
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
tracy, just get keith to phone his old uk bank tomorrow and explain the situation and with a bit of luck he will be back in business then he can simply write a cheque from the uk bank for the £50.
Yeah......... that's what I'd do. Now it may still be possible to resurrect the old account - another year or so, forget it...
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hello Davy.......... long time no see!

(And I agree with you....... moneygrams )
What's wrong with the moneygram?

not that I know what it is yet...
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:49 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to pay a bill in the UK.

The payee suggested a wire transfer - which would cost more than the amount owed. Sigh.

They don't take credit cards.. or anything else I've found so far.
Can't your husband get someone to write a cheque for him - he can then square up with them somehow.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah......... that's what I'd do. Now it may still be possible to resurrect the old account - another year or so, forget it...
We'll see...

How much would you care to bet me that the man does not have any cheques?
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

exactly. i dunno these scottish folk, i don't think they know where their brains are ok down tracy
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Can't your husband get someone to write a cheque for him - he can then square up with them somehow.
One would have thought so.

I have not thus far succeeded.

Yes, it is ridiculous that this small amount is such a problem. The rant has been occurring at this end.

I would like to have a more long-term solution in place as well, so as not to have such (ridiculous) drama in the future.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

exactly. i dunno these scottish folk, i don't think they know where their brains are ok down tracy

Well now, he is male after all...
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

FFS ..send me the payee name and address and I will get somebody in the
uk to send the 50 pound check tomorrow ..cost you $100
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

Well now, he is male after all...
well i knew that when i posted but i really don't think he does know
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well i knew that when i posted but i really don't think he does know
I believe he is quite familiar with all his bits and pieces
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:55 pm
Account Closed

I believe he is quite familiar with all his bits and pieces
i'm really not so sure
Old Aug 10th 2008, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
FFS ..send me the payee name and address and I will get somebody in the
uk to send the 50 pound check tomorrow ..cost you $100
May do, thanks.

I do completely realise this is silly to be such a problem - everything I have suggested (credit card, family, western union, paypal) have all been shot down as unworkable for some reason. Ugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.