Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Would you recommend your pc?

Would you recommend your pc?

Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:08 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you recommend your pc?

I'm writing this on a seven year old Gateway laptop which is still going fine. I bought it in the UK - cost a fortune then! - and if Gateway still had a presence I would certainly go back to them for a desktop - they are stylish and good at their jobs, if not the cheapest.

The Gateway lifetime tech support was invaluable when software screwed up, and when a little bit fell off the front after about four years they just posted a replacement FOC.

No connection BTW!
Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:27 pm
TOWNY

bob, maybe not everyone is a pussy like you and scared to admit what
theyve
done. you're a pretty sad guy.

Originally Posted by Bob
No, it's not that, it's just stupid to admt in a public forum any illegal activities...anyway, the troll has been banned.

Old Jan 26th 2005, 3:54 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TOWNY
bob, maybe not everyone is a pussy like you and scared to admit what theyve . you're a pretty sad guy.
Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion?
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:26 pm
Gone but not forgotten. RIP

TRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond reputeTRPardoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Are you always so stupid or is today a special occasion?
Did your Mother never tell you not to feed trolls ?
Old Jan 26th 2005, 4:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
aye, it's the same tw@ as port what's it...
Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:22 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by lonsdale
lm not telling anyone to pirate software. l just happen to be someone that uses pirated software, that's all. lf you want to bury your head in the sand and believe that it's wrong to use pirated software and that people don't use it, then be my guest.
Well, how should I put this? If you are here in the USA on a GC, then you are dicing with fire my friend. It is a Federal offense to use pirated software and you just admitted that you intentionally and knowingly use pirated software. That's a felony. If you are on a GC you risk a felony verdict and a deportation notice. But if that is what you seek, "then be my guest".

Just got a new Dell desktop (not on my desk though ), very cheap, gig RAM, 160Gbyte hard-drive; flat-screen, CD burner, Pentium 4 (I think) and upgraded to XP-professional. Works like a dream so I can recommend Dell computers... but I can't recommend Dell printers - they are, imho, NAFF. HP printers are FAR BETTER, yes can be a tad bit more expensive but FAR BETTER and are very reliable. Just had to replace a fast Dell 1700n printer upgraded with an extra-sheet feeder (but very problematic in use) ... but had to replace it ... got a HP LaserJet 1320, which though slower is FAR MORE reliable. Will never buy another Dell printer, imho they are Crapola Inc.

Last edited by Franklin; Jan 26th 2005 at 5:25 pm.

Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:25 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by TRPardoe
But there's always an exception to the general rule...

Old Jan 26th 2005, 5:54 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
... but I can't recommend Dell printers - they are, imho, NAFF. HP printers are FAR BETTER, yes can be a tad bit more expensive but FAR BETTER and are very reliable. Just had to replace a fast Dell 1700n printer upgraded with an extra-sheet feeder (but very problematic in use) ... but had to replace it ... got a HP LaserJet 1320, which though slower is FAR MORE reliable. Will never buy another Dell printer, imho they are Crapola Inc.
Aye, not always cost of buying them either, it's long term use...cost of ink cartridge/toner that should be considered...better to buy a more expensive printer that will be cheaper to use in the long run...HP is good, so is canon, especially the laser ones, and also epson are really good...
Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:30 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, not always cost of buying them either, it's long term use...cost of ink cartridge/toner that should be considered...better to buy a more expensive printer that will be cheaper to use in the long run...HP is good, so is canon, especially the laser ones, and also epson are really good...
Yeah, I agree *nods*