Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Would you buy a Jeep Wrangler ???

Wikiposts

Would you buy a Jeep Wrangler ???

Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:35 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you buy a Jeep Wrangler ???

Originally Posted by rushman
Women putting make up on while driving is nothing new.

I swear this is true:
There used to be a good looking woman in yellow convertable fiat coupe on the M40 around Banbury that would drive slowly, very slowly past truck drivers with her skirt round her waist, panties around her knees and she'd be playing with herself while looking up at the drivers..sometimes using a vibrator.

Rumour had it she did it on her way home from work around 6 pm every night. All the truck drivers CB radio's would be buzzing about it.
So, is this something you witnessed yourself or something you heard?

PS - I used to live in Banbury!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:41 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Right now a civic would prob be the favourite - cheap, reliable, etc. Would even mean that I come in under budget which would be nice.
Civic's are great! I had a one (a '94) in England & sold it to my Mum when I left, never once had a problem in 3 years, but I did have it regularly serviced.
Old Mar 11th 2006, 5:53 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Buy it. Full Stop.

Jeeps are more than a car. I love my Jeep...

Buy it with your heart, not your head. It guzzles gas (but I live somewhere where gas is cheaper than water so that helps!) but I have had no reliablity problems...

Are you safe and want comfort? don't buy it. Are you into some fun and getting out a bit BUY IT!!!!

just don't get stuck...

Do you keep a photo of it in your wallet & show it to everyone you meet?!?!
Old Mar 11th 2006, 7:30 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Partystar
So, is this something you witnessed yourself or something you heard?

PS - I used to live in Banbury!
Seen it myself once. One guy that worked for me saw her twice in a week.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:15 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

OK - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE

I took one for a test drive today.
Beforehand my primary concerns were the quality of the roof.
Found that spot on to be honest. Brakes seemed a bit odd, but again, that was ok.

What really struck we was the way it seemed to wobble over the road as I drove it.
I took my hands off the wheel at every opportunity and it didn't hang, but when going is a straight line it seemed to have the occasional case of the head steggers and it felt like it was actually wobbling - i'm not sure if it actually was but it def felt like it.

Is this normal for a jeep wrangler - to be honest i was happy enough withthe rest of it - wouldn't be my ideal car, but budget wise it fits and it seems in reasonable knick - any opinions ???
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:17 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Found that spot on to be honest. Brakes seemed a bit odd, but again, that was ok.

What really struck we was the way it seemed to wobble over the road as I drove it.
I took my hands off the wheel at every opportunity and it didn't hang, but when going is a straight line it seemed to have the occasional case of the head steggers and it felt like it was actually wobbling - i'm not sure if it actually was but it def felt like it.

Is this normal for a jeep wrangler - to be honest i was happy enough withthe rest of it - wouldn't be my ideal car, but budget wise it fits and it seems in reasonable knick - any opinions ???
you weren't on a wobbly road were you...lol.. seriously roads here are crap
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:22 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
you weren't on a wobbly road were you...lol.. seriously roads here are crap
Ha ha - the road was crap but the car felt like something just turned to jelly at certain points.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha - the road was crap but the car felt like something just turned to jelly at certain points.
You staying then?
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:25 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i guessed as much...i know jack shit about cars except what they look like and a guarantee as good as you can they'll start
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yeah i guessed as much...i know jack shit about cars except what they look like and a guarantee as good as you can they'll start
Well I know that that mirror thingy, conveniently stuck in the middle of the windshield, is handy for applying lippy.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:31 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You staying then?
Still not sure, but really need a car unless I intend to go home tomorrow, which I'm not.
Hoping to get a bargain that I could shift quickly for a minimal loss should I decide to up sticks.
If I was to leave over the summer a soft-top jeep wrangler in good condition should be easy enough to sell (I hope)
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:32 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

It's an okay, fun, second car if you like a bit of off-roading. But as your primary mode of transport, forget it.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:34 am
Thinking about it

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's an okay, fun, second car if you like a bit of off-roading. But as your primary mode of transport, forget it.
Is the wobbling normal then ???

(Its hard to predict what I'm going to end up doing over the coming months, but its possible that my commute could become a 3 mile drive so I'm thinking the jeep would do rightly for that)
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Still not sure, but really need a car unless I intend to go home tomorrow, which I'm not.
Hoping to get a bargain that I could shift quickly for a minimal loss should I decide to up sticks.
If I was to leave over the summer a soft-top jeep wrangler in good condition should be easy enough to sell (I hope)
Good luck anyway, hope it works out for you here just give it time.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 10:36 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Is the wobbling normal then ???

(Its hard to predict what I'm going to end up doing over the coming months, but its possible that my commute could become a 3 mile drive so I'm thinking the jeep would do rightly for that)

They're unstable on normal roads @ high speed. They're designed for off-roading, not commuting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.