Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Originally Posted by Ray
Careful of the beach there ... its next to the nuclear power plant ..
Although the green glow you get from swimming in the sea is quite attractive .. and the wife can see you in the the dark..its quite a gentle glow
Beat me to it
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Thydney
Ya wouldn't wanna walk it from your new abode
You're not wrong there.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
Careful of the beach there ... its next to the nuclear power plant ..
Although the green glow you get from swimming in the sea is quite attractive .. and the wife can see you in the the dark..its quite a gentle glow
Yep saw the power plant on our travels. Its a bit like the one at Port St Lucie just up the coast from here.

Not that I have much intention of going to the sea there...much prefer the Atlantic for surfing.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 5:39 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Taken from weather.com

"Residents of the southern Florida, including the Keys, should begin thinking about the possibility of a hurricane strike sometime this coming weekend."

To all the Fl people (Ray, AWP etc...), after the last couple of years have you thought "is it really worth it?"

Just wondering
Its better than having the blizzard we had on the Cape last year......but saying that it was fun.....I just love the snow.......I just don't love the heating bills that go with it.......
The thing I don't like is that I get hit twice.........once in FL...then the storms sometimes hit us again up in New England.....
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:06 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
The thing I don't like is that I get hit twice.........once in FL...then the storms sometimes hit us again up in New England.....
well don't live there.
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:50 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
well don't live there.
Well find hubby another well paid job with good healthcare and long holidays and we'll move............gez......you are a moody old goat...........
Old Oct 20th 2005, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I can see all the Floridians doing a Fred Flintstone this weekend.
(Banging on the door to get in screaming "WIIIILLLLLMMMMAAAAAA"!!!!!!!!

Serves em right....cocky bastards!!!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rushman
I can see all the Floridians doing a Fred Flintstone this weekend.
(Banging on the door to get in screaming "WIIIILLLLLMMMMAAAAAA"!!!!!!!!

Serves em right....cocky bastards!!!
And its going to be cold here on tuesday...down to 78f daytime High!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And its going to be cold here on tuesday...down to 78f daytime High!

Oh you poor love!!
Old Oct 20th 2005, 8:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rushman
Oh you poor love!!
I know I may even have to put my jeans on for the first time since February. Dont fret too much though its back into the upper 80's by thursday though.