British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/wilma-arent-you-florida-people-sick-332245/)

BritGuyTN Oct 19th 2005 12:25 am

Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Taken from weather.com

"Residents of the southern Florida, including the Keys, should begin thinking about the possibility of a hurricane strike sometime this coming weekend."

To all the Fl people (Ray, AWP etc...), after the last couple of years have you thought "is it really worth it?"

Just wondering

Angry White Pyjamas Oct 19th 2005 12:45 am

Re: Wilma - aren't you florida people sick of this?

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Taken from weather.com

"Residents of the southern Florida, including the Keys, should begin thinking about the possibility of a hurricane strike sometime this coming weekend."

To all the Fl people (Ray, AWP etc...), after the last couple of years have you thought "is it really worth it?"

Just wondering

Thats the price of paradise.

Yeah we are gearing up here in Palm Beach County for a major (cat 3+) strike Saturday night into Sunday morning. Should be great surf again.

The wife is on the post hurricane team at the hospital and im on duty Sunday morning. Should be a laugh.

Bob Oct 19th 2005 12:50 am

I think I prefer the long cold winter snow....ouch :D

BritGuyTN Oct 19th 2005 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

Yeah we are gearing up here in Palm Beach County for a major (cat 3+) strike Saturday night into Sunday morning. Should be great surf again.

The wife is on the post hurricane team at the hospital and im on duty Sunday morning. Should be a laugh.

Good luck!!!

redlobster Oct 19th 2005 12:53 am

We have been in Florida for 11 months now, and this is the first real threat to the area where we live Tampa,are we fed up,yes,but we choose to live here, and if the going gets tough,we will hunker down or head up to Hudson,they darent go near there.LOL
Redlobster.

psb182 Oct 19th 2005 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Bob

snow is a 4 letter word

ScousePete Oct 19th 2005 12:55 am

I haven't lived here for long, but I would prefer to dodge the odd hurricane, than go back to the bitterly cold winters in Wisconsin & Colorado.

http://uknova.com/pic/smilies/thumbsup.gif

gruffbrown Oct 19th 2005 12:57 am

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I haven't lived here for long, but I would prefer to dodge the odd hurricane, than go back to the bitterly cold winters in Wisconsin & Colorado.

Aaaah Wisconsin.... used a snowmobile to go bowling once :D

psb182 Oct 19th 2005 1:02 am

Originally Posted by ScousePete

ft myers beach is probably my favourite place I have seen in fla........saratota being another nice place.........I much prefer the gulf coast

Angry White Pyjamas Oct 19th 2005 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Bob

Hmmm....

Hurricane = 2 or 3 days of inconvenient winds and rain followed by more hot n sunny weather.

Maine Winter = 6 months of inconvenient deep snow drifts.

I think I'll tough this one out.

Angry White Pyjamas Oct 19th 2005 1:06 am

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
Good luck!!!

Cheers. We'll be fine, not too many jobs to clear up as long as there isnt too many numpties go wandering about to see what all the noise is again.

Bob Oct 19th 2005 1:13 am

Originally Posted by psb182
snow is a 4 letter word

evil it is :D

Bob Oct 19th 2005 1:14 am

Hmmm....

Hurricane = 2 or 3 days of inconvenient winds and rain followed by more hot n sunny weather.

Maine Winter = 6 months of inconvenient deep snow drifts.

I think I'll tough this one out.

true...but the snow doesn't add up on your insurance...but it would be nice to be able to flitter between the two...

Angry White Pyjamas Oct 19th 2005 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Bob
true...but the snow doesn't add up on your insurance...but it would be nice to be able to flitter between the two...

Ouch...dont remind me!

Yea hence the fact the population down here doubles in the winter months and everyone speaks with a Noo Joisey type accent.

Thydney Oct 19th 2005 1:55 am

Hurricanes? What about the tornados and forest fires? Don't you love it all? Big spiders, gators, bears, coyotes, snakes, fire ants but worst of all snow birds the fuc*ing idiots in cars where they can't see over the dash then can't walk when they get out who weave aimlessly across three lanes at 5mph.