Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Why would you not now move back to the UK?

Wikiposts

Why would you not now move back to the UK?

Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:35 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why would you not now move back to the UK?

Originally Posted by britvic
Oh please it's no where near as common as the Press would have you believe Rather that than going down the 7,11 after dark where I am right now.
They have internet access at your 7/11?.......cool
Old Feb 26th 2006, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by britvic
Oh please it's no where near as common as the Press would have you believe Rather that than going down the 7,11 after dark where I am right now.
How do you know that?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:13 am
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Interested
The thing that scares me about returning to the U.K. is the seeming rise in violent attacks and public disorder.

Things like "happy slapping" by retarded teenage chavs - wtf is so funny about beating someone up or even murdering them and recording it on a camera phone? Ha bloody ha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4739608.stm
My friend is a cop and said it was getting out of hand.. here we have the choking game kids block there air supply and its suppose to give them a rush to the head... A young boy was found dead in School we had letter after letter home from the school board and then they found it wasn't the game but he had took his own life..
I want to know What happened hopscotch, Kirby, What time is it Mr Wolf. Marbles in the grates. Hide and seek. why would a 9 year old need a dangerous high..
Old Feb 27th 2006, 2:04 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
My friend is a cop and said it was getting out of hand.. here we have the choking game kids block there air supply and its suppose to give them a rush to the head... A young boy was found dead in School we had letter after letter home from the school board and then they found it wasn't the game but he had took his own life..
I want to know What happened hopscotch, Kirby, What time is it Mr Wolf. Marbles in the grates. Hide and seek. why would a 9 year old need a dangerous high..

You're right: this sort of thing never happens in the Good Old US of A...

Drive-by shootings, car-jackings, kids accidentally shooting themselves with their buddy's parents' gun...

Do I need to go on?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 2:26 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Interested
The thing that scares me about returning to the U.K. is the seeming rise in violent attacks and public disorder.

Things like "happy slapping" by retarded teenage chavs - wtf is so funny about beating someone up or even murdering them and recording it on a camera phone? Ha bloody ha.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4739608.stm

as bad as that is its still nothing like what we hear or read about going on daily in the good old u.s. of a. :scared:
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ranbysue
I said Great Britain as that is its name (correct name that is) and I didn't say United Kingdom as it's hardly that is it what with the Scots, Welsh and Irish all hating the English for whatever we've done.

You imply that UK is somehow incorrect and that Great Britain is correct? Could you explain? Also why do you then have UK under your avatar?