Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's your favourite American chain restaurant ??

What's your favourite American chain restaurant ??

Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:10 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favourite American chain restaurant ??

Originally Posted by Yosser
- On the border for tex-mex
- Texas roadhouse for ribs
!
You live in Texas and you go to pseudo tex-mex places when you have hundreds of authentic ones around. Your the guy that goes to Spain and eats nothing but pie and chips, egg and chips and fish and chips!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:13 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick
You live in Texas and you go to pseudo tex-mex places when you have hundreds of authentic ones around. Your the guy that goes to Spain and eats nothing but pie and chips, egg and chips and fish and chips!
oh shut up and look at the title will ya sheesh.....course he goes to the authentic places..
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:19 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
oh shut up and look at the title will ya sheesh.....course he goes to the authentic places..
I did notice no-one has put down Fox and Hounds for their authentic British food, why is that. You are wisest of all the marsupials, tell me Celtic Angel why has no-one nominate the authentic british faire of Fox and Hounds

PS Is it Keltic Angel or Celtic Angel or Keltic Anjel or Celtic Anjel

pps what happens when you start to sag a bit, will we still be able to call you perkiest poster!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:21 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I did notice no-one has put down Fox and Hounds for their authentic British food, why is that. You are wisest of all the marsupials, tell me Celtic Angel why has no-one nominate the authentic british faire of Fox and Hounds
Because their food is pish ???

On the other hand if you started a thread entitled "What's your favourite British-style restaurant in America ??" you might well find that lots of posters rave about the Fox and Hounds.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:24 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

own Fox and Hounds for their authentic British food, why is that. !

we live down the road from that 'pub' not really a pub more a sports bar and the foods ok... the stags head is better food wise their fish n'chips are almost as good as you get up north in the UK...zero atmosphere in all of them...just a big room with tables and chairs...
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:54 pm

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
The title says it all, though I use the term restaurant loosely.

Chevy's (Tex/Mex) for me
Red Lobster, Firehouse subs for takeaway
Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:57 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

From time to time we try the "hole in the wall" type "mom and pop" tex-mex joints but to be honest it tastes like shite!

best tex-mex I found is mia cocina (sp?) restaurants, but its not nationwide!

but yes, when in spain anything with chips is fine with me.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:10 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass
Red Lobster, Firehouse subs for takeaway
Fiesta Mexicana in SE Ohio is always a good one, but best to wait till just after they re-open following their yearly health violations.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:12 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

PS Is it Keltic Angel or Celtic Angel or Keltic Anjel or Celtic Anjel

pps what happens when you start to sag a bit, will we still be able to call you perkiest poster!
Never been there..or is it bin there ...I do get muddled ...as for British fare I can make a smashing mashed spuds at home thanks.....I've never eaten at a British pub or restaurant...I'm guessing overpriced food for the homesick and Brit lovers....I'll rather take fajita's any day of the week..authentic or tex mex chain I neither care nor know the difference especially after a few frozen margarita's

p.s I live in virtual reality therefore I will always be perkiest
Old Jan 18th 2006, 8:14 pm
Back Again

Originally Posted by Yosser
From time to time we try the "hole in the wall" type "mom and pop" tex-mex joints but to be honest it tastes like shite!

best tex-mex I found is mia cocina (sp?) restaurants, but its not nationwide!

but yes, when in spain anything with chips is fine with me.
yeah actually i think they can range from great to shit....but then i tend to stick to the same stuff...burrito's/ enchilada's are shite on anybody menu
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
First time I went to denny's i got a lumberjack breakfast - it came on 3 plates and I nearly passed out.
Like their breakfasts except that I don't eat eggs and pretty much everything comes with some type of egg
I'm sure if you just ordered a coke at IHOP, it would come with pancakes.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I'm sure if you just ordered a coke at IHOP, it would come with pancakes.

that why the wife keeps dragging me back!!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:10 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
Good
PF Chang's
Macaroni Grill
Outback
TGIF
Never been to Outback nor TGIF (unless going to one in an airport counts and I only had a side salad). Only been to PF Chang's once and the food is so-so and the ambience is not conducive for eating unless you like a nightclub atmosphere with lack of lighting and really loud music. Macaroni Grill is OK except when a cockroach (no, a real one) joins you at the table.

Bad
Applebees
Chillis
Long Horn
Steak & Shake
Only been to Steak and Shake and can't see what the fuss is about. Would try it again to suss out the fuss. Maybe it's the milkshakes.

Deplorable
Any of those large buffet places (KAK!!!)
Like Souper Salad. I get very worried in Asian type buffets where they have the "sushi" close by the steam tables of heated food (I fear food poisoning may result from consuming sushi that's not freshly prepared or close to heat).

Do you pay attention to food sanitation ratings in restaurants and does this determine whether you'll eat there or return?

NC Penguin
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:14 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by NC Penguin

Do you pay attention to food sanitation ratings in restaurants and does this determine whether you'll eat there or return?

NC Penguin
Hell yeah!!

The 'employees don't forget to wash your hands' notices in the restrooms are enough to give me hives, especially as I've seen them not do it. Didn't their mothers teach them that they should from the time they could go?

I try to keep the family off hydrogenated oil/corn syrup as much as possible, so would rather entertain friends at home than go out to a restaurant as is the norm.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:19 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Good

Souper Salad
Fuddruckers
Chik-Fil-A
Baba Gannoush (I believe it's a chain)

Acceptable
Cracker Barrel (if I choose carefully)
Captain D's

Awful

Cici's Pizza (a rip off for paying for dough)
Wendy's (burger are like cardboard)
Taco Bell (had a salad once and got food poisoning. Food is probably fit for chihauhas)
Johnny Carino's (I was frankly speechless about the food and the service was downright awful)

NC Penguin

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jan 18th 2006 at 11:23 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.