Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What's your favorite thing about the US?

What's your favorite thing about the US?

Old May 29th 2012, 3:19 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's your favorite thing about the US?

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I find the whole hoo-rah military-loving thing slightly sickening to be honest - military industrial complex and all that.
Originally Posted by Sally Redux
It wasn't a 'gentle reminder' at Sea World, more like a Soviet era forced applause.
Has anyone apologised to them yet? A big announcement on the Tannoy saying 'to all servicemen and women who may be here - we're sorry we keep electing fools who insist on sending you undeserving people halfway around the world to watch your mates get blown up in a country we have no business sticking our noses into? We'll do all we can to make sure we elect someone who keeps you at home for a change next time ...'

I think that is a more appropriate sentiment.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Has anyone apologised to them yet? A big announcement on the Tannoy saying 'to all servicemen and women who may be here - we're sorry we keep electing fools who insist on sending you undeserving people halfway around the world to watch your mates get blown up in a country we have no business sticking our noses into? We'll do all we can to make sure we elect someone who keeps you at home for a change next time ...'

I think that is a more appropriate sentiment.
Tannoy announcer would be lynched.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I find the whole hoo-rah military-loving thing slightly sickening to be honest - military industrial complex and all that.
I've stopped listening to the TV news channels but yesterday my husband had one or two on when we were in the car. What I find sickening is comments like 'as we are the greatest nation in the world..we have to go to war to protect the rest of the world'. WTF.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:23 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Tannoy announcer would be lynched.
That's a shame because I think they all deserve an apology.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shame because I think they all deserve an apology.
In most cases, they are 'defending us' from hatred originally stirred up by ill-considered military action.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:28 pm
I have a comma problem

In most cases, they are 'defending us' from hatred originally stirred up by ill-considered military action.
I have an even better solution. Bring them all home, start using our domestic oil reserves and stop supporting Isreal. You'll probably find most anti-US sentiment in the Middle East will fade away after that.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have an even better solution. Bring them all home, start using our domestic oil reserves and stop supporting Isreal. You'll probably find most anti-US sentiment in the Middle East will fade away after that.
and Nobel Peace Prize.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:44 pm
I have a comma problem

and Nobel Peace Prize.

I got a bit off topic, there didn't I?

On topic - they have some really quite cool pylons here.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I got a bit off topic, there didn't I?

On topic - they have some really quite cool pylons here.
You get interesting vehicles on the road such as a pick-up truck with saplings placed upright all around the edge of the back bit so that a towering pile of trash bags and leaves can be precariously contained. I enjoy the "you only live once" feeling of driving behind something like that.
Old May 29th 2012, 3:52 pm
I have a comma problem

You get interesting vehicles on the road such as a pick-up truck with saplings placed upright all around the edge of the back bit so that a towering pile of trash bags and leaves can be precariously contained. I enjoy the "you only live once" feeling of driving behind something like that.
Farm vehicles top that by quite a long way. I see the most entertaining ones on the way into work in the mornings because we're just on the edge of rural McHenry county. This morning it was one of those ones that has a tractor cab on 8' wheels. Bloody brilliant
Old May 29th 2012, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Farm vehicles top that by quite a long way. I see the most entertaining ones on the way into work in the mornings because we're just on the edge of rural McHenry county. This morning it was one of those ones that has a tractor cab on 8' wheels. Bloody brilliant
Mr McHenry

Old May 29th 2012, 3:59 pm
I have a comma problem

That's who they named it after, I believe
Old May 29th 2012, 4:00 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

FFS Don't let that nut-case in the 'Memorial Day' thread hear you. He'll probably self-destruct!
Old May 29th 2012, 4:02 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by tonrob
FFS Don't let that nut-case in the 'Memorial Day' thread hear you. He'll probably self-destruct!
I know it was a radical idea of mine. Present a solution whereby no more US troops have to die. Shame on me.
Old May 29th 2012, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tonrob
He was the ill-considered military action

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.