Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the worst movie you ever saw?

Whats the worst movie you ever saw?

Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:02 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the worst movie you ever saw?

Originally Posted by USBound
pah @ the stephen king comments...

The Green Mile remains in my top 10 films and probably will forever - fantastic book, fantastic movie
I totally agree. I read the green mile when I was 15, I remember crying as I read the bit about Eduard Delacroix's execution, it was the first & only book that has ever made me cry & that just goes to show how superb the writing is. I think the movie did the book justice too, I was very happy with it, the cast was fantastic.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:04 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScousePete
I thought it was crap too, but people here (the majority of my co-workers included) thought it was the best movie ever. I just don't get the hype.
Maybe because it is a look into the dorks life, that every teenage here remembers having at their school? Maybe they were the dork & can relate?
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:04 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Zulu was pure quality. BasicAlly though caine plays that same part in every movie he's in. This doesn't necessarily mean that all his movies are bad, but it does mean that he can't act for toffee.
Talking of Maurice Micklewhite , I also liked the original Get Carter, The Cider House rules( not a bad New England accent), Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ( the leg whipping bit with Steve Martin ) and the Harry Palmer movies 'The Ipcress files' and 'Funeral in Berlin', kind of like a working class James Bond/Joe 90.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:06 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
I totally agree. I read the green mile when I was 15, I remember crying as I read the bit about Eduard Delacroix's execution, it was the first & only book that has ever made me cry & that just goes to show how superb the writing is. I think the movie did the book justice too, I was very happy with it, the cast was fantastic.
I thought one of the best King features was the made for TV, Salem's Lot with David Soul & James Mason, scary as shit
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:08 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Titanic was sooooooo bad, can't understand how it made so much money (was probably one person seeing it 400 million times).

As for the Steven King comments, I thought IT was pretty good, apart from the end.

"They all float down here"
I watched parts of it when I was 11, it scared the sh*t out of me, Childs Play 3 did too. I made myself watch them when I was older & couldn't understand why I was so scared. It could have been due to the fact that I've always hated clowns & never really played with dolls much either, so maybe that's why.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:41 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by britontour
Lost in translation - I think everyone in the room fell asleep
Phew, I thought it was just me. Everyone else seems to love this movie and I can't for the life of me work out why.

Is this thread trying to set a record for how long it can go without mentioning Batman and Robin? Most bad movie threads on Internet messageboards have it somewhere on the first page.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:18 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Watched 'The life Aquatic ' the other day, another Wes Anderson film, that was almost as bad as the Tennenbaums except quirkier. Great Cast, crap movie, I only made it to the end because I thought something might actually happen.

"Kingdom of Heaven" The 'Making of' disc was better than the film! Shame, I like Ridley Scott films.

'Team America' Having grown up with Thunderbirds, I wanted it to be good, it wasn't.

'Beaches' with Bette Midler, hurry up and die so the movie can end.

'Monster in Law' fell asleep after 20 minutes
Watched that kingdom of heaven last weekend, VERY disappointed! it looked like a good cast until they threw Orlando in there, he's just a bit foo-foo of an actor for such a role like that.

Who is that big old dude that keeps creeping up in the oldey movies, don't know his name but he was in Braveheart,Troy etc, he always seems to get stabbed or taken out one way or another. (he was Mel's best mate in braveheart and got stabbed in Troy after his wife ran off with that gaylord, wet behind the ears Bloom.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:31 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=nxylas]Phew, I thought it was just me. Everyone else seems to love this movie and I can't for the life of me work out why.

QUOTE]

Hubby and I felt exactly the same way. The most boring movie I think I've ever seen. We only watched it till the end because we thought it was going to get better after all the fuss people made about it.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:37 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of points:

Starship Troopers (which may be the most misunderstood movie of all time) and Mars Attacks are both intended to be satires. Taken in that light, they're both pretty damned good. Believe it or not, Showgirls is also a satire and is absolutely hilarious if you watch it as such.

The Shining and Shawshank Redemption were both written by Stephen King (as was the excellent Carrie and Dead Zone). There have been good movies made of his stuff.

Wes Anderson movies are definitely an acquired taste, I can understand how people don't like them. However, for me, they're all fantastic, particularly Rushmore. His next movie is a stop-motion version of Roald Dahl's "The Fantastic Mr. Fox". That sounds pretty damn good to me.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Hiro11
A couple of points:

Starship Troopers (which may be the most misunderstood movie of all time) and Mars Attacks are both intended to be satires. Taken in that light, they're both pretty damned good. Believe it or not, Showgirls is also a satire and is absolutely hilarious if you watch it as such.

The Shining and Shawshank Redemption were both written by Stephen King (as was the excellent Carrie and Dead Zone). There have been good movies made of his stuff.

Wes Anderson movies are definitely an acquired taste, I can understand how people don't like them. However, for me, they're all fantastic, particularly Rushmore. His next movie is a stop-motion version of Roald Dahl's "The Fantastic Mr. Fox". That sounds pretty damn good to me.
Thanks for explaining that to the unenlightened I thought Mars really did attack when I watched it ................................. it's still shite and unfunny in my book, as are the Wes Anderson movies I've seen. But then I always thought Dr Strangelove was highly overrated too
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:52 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I thought one of the best King features was the made for TV, Salem's Lot with David Soul & James Mason, scary as shit
I agree, scared the crap out of me. It was on tv a couple of months ago and watched the whole thing again :scared:
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
I agree, scared the crap out of me. It was on tv a couple of months ago and watched the whole thing again :scared:
How are you?
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:56 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
How are you?
Great thanks, busy at work but two weeks to go and I am on a plane home for some serious family, friend, pub time!! How about you, did you take that job?
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar

Green Mile, good movie.

Lots of movies I like, others hate. Lots of movies I hate, others like. Proves, that saying "There’s a seat for every butt".
Reg. Frank R.
PS. Lost in Translation, excellent movie. Michael Caine, my hero.
Mars Attack & Space Balls, RUBBISH, worse garbage.

Last edited by frrussre; Dec 1st 2005 at 6:02 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Great thanks, busy at work but two weeks to go and I am on a plane home for some serious family, friend, pub time!! How about you, did you take that job?
See the last post;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...43#post3028343

It'll be Christmas by the time I get started

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.