Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Wikiposts

Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..

This is ours but it was taken a few years ago,plus my fav pic of the back garden...Sophia
Attached Thumbnails Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-back-house.jpg   Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-back-garden.jpg  
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sophia_S
This is ours but it was taken a few years ago,plus my fav pic of the back garden...Sophia

that looks so homely and so english
Old Mar 26th 2006, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Yorkieabroad]windows overlooking a lake facing due west (who's bright idea was that then??) QUOTE]

hey yorkie...a lake in houston??....where is that
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jibsymalone
We have about 1.25 acres of land, with a 3 bed, 2 bath Double wide on it at the mo! (proper trailer trash me!) But looking into zoning to see if we can build on our land, if not we will be moving in the next 1-2 years (after bits and pieces of work that need to be done are!) but this is our first place and was a steal when we bought it, you have to start somewhere (especially when I am not working yet!) nice and peaceful here and a nice neighbourhood all told!)
As much as people take the p--- out of mobile homes there's some real nice ones...the problem with them is some of the people who live in them!We bought a mobile home when we first came to Illinois after Don got out of the AF (a cardboard box would've been better than the six weeks we spent living with his mother!!!),we planned to keep it for 5 years but,after 2 years, the interest rates dropped and we decided to sell it and buy a house,we're really glad we did that because we used the money from that sale for our down payment on the house.We were always glad we bought that mh instead of renting,it worked out a lot cheaper,we had plenty of space,and we weren't under the thumb of a landlord!....Good luck to you..Sophia
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TruBrit
that looks so homely and so english
Thanks,it's not big, just under 1000 sq.ft plus a full basement divided into half finished and half crawl space....we planted the weeping willows the year we moved in as three foot tall twigs!,the whole plot is 100ftx100ft and we're in the process of buying the same size plot next door,think we close on it in the next day or two...lot's of lovely homes on this thread...Sophia
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:22 am
Account Closed

Thanks,it's not big, just under 1000 sq.ft plus a full basement divided into half finished and half crawl space....we planted the weeping willows the year we moved in as three foot tall twigs!,the whole plot is 100ftx100ft and we're in the process of buying the same size plot next door,think we close on it in the next day or two...lot's of lovely homes on this thread...Sophia

hmm i love weeping willows in the right location, they are so graceful...in our last house here we planted 3 as we backed onto water and that was the saddest thing about moving was leaving the trees, they were just 4 yrs old and getting established....plants/trees grow so fast down here
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

hmm i love weeping willows in the right location, they are so graceful...in our last house here we planted 3 as we backed onto water and that was the saddest thing about moving was leaving the trees, they were just 4 yrs old and getting established....plants/trees grow so fast down here
yes I always wanted the willows in the garden...this house was up for sale for a long time before we bought it,we used to drive by it quite often...as daft as it sounds....it always seemed that it was 'calling' me to buy it....and,completely out of the blue,we were going to view a house just around the corner,when the real estate agent who we'd talked to the year before called me that same morning to see if we were still interested in buying a house in Pontiac(IL)so I told her we were about to go see one in Chenoa,so she asked if we could meet her straight after as she wanted to show us one in Chenoa as well....low and behold it was the one which had been 'calling' me!!...it was more than we wanted to pay,because there was lots to be done to it, but the owners dropped the price and we bought it!...that was in '93,we've been remodelling ever since!!!....Sophia
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:38 am
Account Closed

yes I always wanted the willows in the garden...this house was up for sale for a long time before we bought it,we used to drive by it quite often...as daft as it sounds....it always seemed that it was 'calling' me to buy it....Sophia
love the story and yep i believe in fate...so pleased you are happy
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

love the story and yep i believe in fate...so pleased you are happy
Yep!! talking tree stories are always good .....
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:44 am

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

We have 4000 sq ft. 5 bed, 4 bath. The lot is 100 x 170. We love the fact that there's woods behind the house, and with lots of windows over the back of the house, it's especially pretty in the Summer.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-front-house.jpg   Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-back-house.jpg  
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:48 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

What a cool thread, so many different styles and sizes.

Mine is a 3360 sqft 1½ storey 5 bed 4 bath 3 car garage home. Lot size is 90' by 120' which is about 1/3 acre isn't it? Most of it is taken up with house though.
This pic was taken 3 years ago just before we moved in, and before the houses on each side came along.
Attached Thumbnails Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-new-house_web.jpg  
Old Mar 27th 2006, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

As much as people take the p--- out of mobile homes there's some real nice ones...the problem with them is some of the people who live in them!We bought a mobile home when we first came to Illinois after Don got out of the AF (a cardboard box would've been better than the six weeks we spent living with his mother!!!),we planned to keep it for 5 years but,after 2 years, the interest rates dropped and we decided to sell it and buy a house,we're really glad we did that because we used the money from that sale for our down payment on the house.We were always glad we bought that mh instead of renting,it worked out a lot cheaper,we had plenty of space,and we weren't under the thumb of a landlord!....Good luck to you..Sophia
Actually the main problem with mobile (manufactured) homes here in FLA is they tend to become extremely mobile during the 'Canes. Eg:

Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:15 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=TruBrit]
Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
windows overlooking a lake facing due west (who's bright idea was that then??) QUOTE]

hey yorkie...a lake in houston??....where is that
i'm not in houston proper - out in the sticks remember....
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:16 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elsie The Maid
We have 4000 sq ft. 5 bed, 4 bath. The lot is 100 x 170. We love the fact that there's woods behind the house, and with lots of windows over the back of the house, it's especially pretty in the Summer.
4000"... no wonder you call yourself 'the maid"- you must spend 10 hours a day vacuming the carpets and cleaning.

Our humble abode is almost poverty class in comparison to many I see posted here. 1300 sq. ft, garage and 3 stall barn on 5 acres.

Since I can't find an actual pic of the house, I'll post one of our next home...
Attached Thumbnails Whats the sq ft of your house/condo/apartment..-img005.jpg  

Last edited by ironporer; Mar 27th 2006 at 1:20 am. Reason: Really really wrong picture selected!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 1:18 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

1000sq ft apartment in Downtown DC. Very F****** expensive rent BUT with utilities included - Fridge like in the Summer. Roof deck with pool and a gorgeous view over the city. Not planning on buying as we move around with my husbands work too often. Some gorgeous homes people - thanks for sharing pics

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.