Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 18th 2005, 6:10 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by Manc
Well the USA/UK dropped a blob there, I know Potsdam had already divided up Germany. and there was no real incentive for them to get to Berlin first. But it did allow Stalin to get to the nazi nuclear research facility first before us.
The unknown heroes are the Norwegian resistance, who blew up Norway's Quisling government's heavy water manufacturing plant by skiing in and skiing out. And they all survived. Put the Germans back a fair bit in their race for the atom bomb.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
Still new troops arrive I see. And all in response to this one, lonely Marine. Amazing. Keep it coming. I'm enjoying this.

Oh, and it's not Ex-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Never Ex. Just FYI. But I'm sure someone will want to shit on that too.

And additionaly, I might add, I'm not a big fan of the way things are going currently in the States, Iraq, North Korea, Social Security, Health Care, Child Care, Education. All of it is a big mess, and individually, it's a mess.

You're right, the founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves. This country is getting away from it's roots. One of the problems I see, and this is just my opinion, is that less American's get involved in the whole voting process, and really don't try to sort out who's who and who stands for what. My opinion-The fact that 2 people who previously didn't have a career in Politics got voted in is b/c people are sick of the lies, and bullsh*t produced by the current level of politics. Hell, even our Penal system and Judicial system is a complete joke.

It's about furthering ones career, or solidifying ones place in the nomination. Not what's right or wrong. I for one thank God Bush cannot be re-elected. Lord know, the world might not make it if he was......

okay. Blast away. :::sits down, grabs a water, and smiles::::::
If we posted similar opinions we'd be pilloried by the likes of you because we aren't American.
You do recognise the same issues we do,as you have mentioned in your answer,it's just that we have no right to comment and should clear off home.......
As for your 'once a Marine,always a Marine' then I admire the obvious pride you have in your Military service.I enjoyed mine,but I have left it behind now and moved on.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Still new troops arrive I see. And all in response to this one, lonely Marine. Amazing. Keep it coming. I'm enjoying this.

Oh, and it's not Ex-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Never Ex. Just FYI. But I'm sure someone will want to shit on that too.

And additionaly, I might add, I'm not a big fan of the way things are going currently in the States, Iraq, North Korea, Social Security, Health Care, Child Care, Education. All of it is a big mess, and individually, it's a mess.

You're right, the founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves. This country is getting away from it's roots. One of the problems I see, and this is just my opinion, is that less American's get involved in the whole voting process, and really don't try to sort out who's who and who stands for what. My opinion-The fact that 2 people who previously didn't have a career in Politics got voted in is b/c people are sick of the lies, and bullsh*t produced by the current level of politics. Hell, even our Penal system and Judicial system is a complete joke.

It's about furthering ones career, or solidifying ones place in the nomination. Not what's right or wrong. I for one thank God Bush cannot be re-elected. Lord know, the world might not make it if he was......

okay. Blast away. :::sits down, grabs a water, and smiles::::::
You actually are complaining about the same things we do, heck you probably even agree to the things on the "What would you miss [about the USA]" thread.

What gives you more of a right than us to moan about these things?
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

While you might be the only ex-military person here, there are Americans who have dedicated part of their lives to learning about the world around them and have tried to educate fellow Americans and reach out to foreigners in an effort to promote understanding and reasoned debate. It's so easy to convince Americans that "we are the #1 country in the world." They want to believe that. Try getting them to buy your stance on how screwed up domestic and international policy is today. They *don't* want to believe that. You can win the war of ignorance one person at a time.
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

As are we...but you may have noticed that the conversation appears to have moved on and that you are no longer the center of attention, but I'm sure even an ego as fragile as yours will recover. Now go sit on you naughty chair and when you're ready to say sorry you can come back and play.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:16 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
What gives you more of a right than us to moan about these things?
I don't believe anyone has "more of a right" -- either you have a right or you don't.

The only point I could make is that we *can't* "go home" as one way out of America's problems. That's the only point that Americans (and some non-Americans) have any logical ground to debate, moreso than immigrants who could go home if things got bad enough.

What is going to happen when Americans start making their first asylum claims in the UK?
Old May 18th 2005, 6:20 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
What is going to happen when Americans start making their first asylum claims in the UK?
like all others, you'll probably get a nice house, free health care, food stamps, dole, might get a car if you are lucky.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

like all others, you'll probably get a nice house, free health care, food stamps, dole, might get a car if you are lucky.

And a complimentary Burberry baseball cap........
Old May 18th 2005, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Can't see us taking on the immigrant cuisine though.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road

so how come you're allowed to say it but I am not?

you're arguement's are sound, you're logic over whom can express them are not.
If you are A) A USC B) you can vote C) it's your duty to vote to change the way things are being run and done.

However, if you reside in this country, and you are NOT a USC, but see fit to use what ever reasources that this country provides to you, NO, you DO not have a say in it.

Proactive-not reactive.

I'm not going to go into my resume, but I assure you I'm no young'n. I do want to express what they want to, however.......I'd rather people put that energy into actually CHANGING something. People who would prefer 'arm chair politics' I really and truely do not respect. Why should I? It's the Do'ers not the Say'ers that get things done.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

If you are A) A USC B) you can vote C) it's your duty to vote to change the way things are being run and done.

However, if you reside in this country, and you are NOT a USC, but see fit to use what ever reasources that this country provides to you, NO, you DO not have a say in it.

Proactive-not reactive.

I'm not going to go into my resume, but I assure you I'm no young'n. I do want to express what they want to, however.......I'd rather people put that energy into actually CHANGING something. People who would prefer 'arm chair politics' I really and truely do not respect. Why should I? It's the Do'ers not the Say'ers that get things done.

:scared:
Old May 18th 2005, 6:25 am
Lapine Member

Wow!

I'm off to collect death threats this weekend. I'll have to leave Austin, but Dallas would suffice. I'll just stand on the grassy knoll and start critising Bush....
Old May 18th 2005, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

I'll get off home then.I know lots of people who would like to become US citizens,but in your mind they have no rights.

Frightening,no wonder the USA is screwed up if you represent the thoughts of many!!!

Last edited by cupranod; May 18th 2005 at 6:29 am.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:27 am
Lapine Member

I'd rather people put that energy into actually CHANGING something.
You don't make logical sense. You first say that non-USC residents, who cannot vote, but do make purchases and pay taxes, cannot have a say in US policy; but then you say you don't respect people unless they actively try to change things.

So there is no way a non-USC resident could possibly please you.
Old May 18th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

SBG&DHY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dant3
As are we...but you may have noticed that the conversation appears to have moved on and that you are no longer the center of attention, but I'm sure even an ego as fragile as yours will recover. Now go sit on you naughty chair and when you're ready to say sorry you can come back and play.
funny that you say that. I've apologized, more than once. With respect to ALL the British (excluding ONE person LOL). Please hit the back button, you'll see where I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.