Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Old May 18th 2005, 5:24 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the rudest thing that's been said to you?

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
If most people think what MOST people think about us Americans, than go ****ING HOME. This is exactly what WE, AMERICANS, not USC'S think about people from other countries.
Okay, I find about half or more of Americans are ignorant and supercilious. I hate them. Only problem is -- I was born in America to American parents. Exactly which home should I fukc off back to? No other country is forced to take me in and I can't leave because I have children I can't take with me.

Today's "America" to which you refer is NOT my "America." It isn't the America I grew up in, and it gets worse by the day. The rights of those who are in the minority in political issues are being dismantled, piece by piece. The founding fathers are rolling in their graves.

As an ex-serviceperson, do you defend the treatment that prisoners have been given at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay? Do you defend Bush's backing out of many important international treaties that actually PROTECT Americans abroad? We are already international bully poster boy, and headed downhill fast.

Other than liking your girlfriend's accent, is there anything else the rest of the world does better than America?

I have relatives who have died in every war this country has been in. Full details. They did not die so that 21st century "conservatives" could piss all over the Constitution and bully the rest of the world.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Did you see the whole video? It had me in hysterics.

Brilliant stuff wasn't it!!

Incidentally I have many great American friends-including close family-who don't display ANY of the characteristics of the person posting on here............we have our own fair share of loons in the UK too don't we!!
Old May 18th 2005, 5:31 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
For those of you who missed the fun, here's the link:

http://www.vidahost.com/armadillo.wmv
Great stuff good to see them letting off steam.Love a man in uniform
Old May 18th 2005, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

cupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nicecupranod is just really nice

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Okay, I find about half or more of Americans are ignorant and supercilious. I hate them. Only problem is -- I was born in America to American parents. Exactly which home should I fukc off back to? No other country is forced to take me in and I can't leave because I have children I can't take with me.

Today's "America" to which you refer is NOT my "America." It isn't the America I grew up in, and it gets worse by the day. The rights of those who are in the minority in political issues are being dismantled, piece by piece. The founding fathers are rolling in their graves.

As an ex-serviceperson, do you defend the treatment that prisoners have been given at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo Bay? Do you defend Bush's backing out of many important international treaties that actually PROTECT Americans abroad? We are already international bully poster boy, and headed downhill fast.

Other than liking your girlfriend's accent, is there anything else the rest of the world does better than America?

I have relatives who have died in every war this country has been in. Full details. They did not die so that 21st century "conservatives" could piss all over the Constitution and bully the rest of the world.
Good post mate.Hit the nail right on the head.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:33 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cupranod
Incidentally I have many great American friends-including close family-who don't display ANY of the characteristics of the person posting on here............we have our own fair share of loons in the UK too don't we!!
Well my ex-fiance is a former MOD and he's got a few screws loose. He tells me that since I'm not ex-forces, I couldn't understand. He's a member of the UKIP, which speaks volumes. Imagine Gareth on The Office only even more racist and sexist.

In fact, he might even post something as nasty as this US poster has posted. The difference is that there'd be very few people in Britain who would agree; they'd probably kick his arse. The scary thing is that a LOT of people in the US would agree with this ex-marine. We practically live under martial law now.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBG&DHY
... Over the years they've aquired more and more padding, and more and more $$$. Go figure. Babies.
Agree with that statement at least
Old May 18th 2005, 5:35 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus, can you imagine hiom watching Galloway on CSPAN shitting on the Senate Floor?

"You'd all be speaking German and goosestepping!"
Old May 18th 2005, 5:36 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Well my ex-fiance is a former MOD
you were engaged to BrigieDarling?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:39 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Round of applause to that bunny.

If only everyone could admit to some of the faults of their own country (and no, I'm not talking about Americans here, but the whole world) and do something about putting them right instead of burying their head in the sand and saying the problem doesn't exist.

Don't you think the world would be a much nicer place to live in?
Old May 18th 2005, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

Well my ex-fiance is a former MOD and he's got a few screws loose. He tells me that since I'm not ex-forces, I couldn't understand. He's a member of the UKIP, which speaks volumes. Imagine Gareth on The Office only even more racist and sexist.

In fact, he might even post something as nasty as this US poster has posted. The difference is that there'd be very few people in Britain who would agree; they'd probably kick his arse. The scary thing is that a LOT of people in the US would agree with this ex-marine. We practically live under martial law now.

"The Land Of The Free" it used to be,not so now though.

As I said,there are plenty of those in the UK who have nationalistic ideals.
Robert Kilroy-Silk anyone??The Tories fought an election campaign largely based on immigration control.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:41 am
@matthewb76

"The Land Of The Free" it used to be,not so now though.

As I said,there are plenty of those in the UK who have nationalistic ideals.
Robert Kilroy-Silk anyone??The Tories fought an election campaign largely based on immigration control.
Unfortunately for the Tories and UKIP, the UK isn't as racist as they'd like us to be
Old May 18th 2005, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

(Imagine a clapping smilie here!)

Bravo! The Americans I know here, whether family, work colleagues or friends, are far more critical of modern America than I could ever be, and some of them are ex-serviceman and active reservists, so don't try playing that tired card again. Of course, the neo-con types label them as Un-American too, a disgrace to the flag, leave if you don't like it, etc, etc.

What you 'loyal', 'proud' and 'patriotic' Americans (and yes, I'm talking to you, Irate Marine) fail to realise is that the founders of this country fought long and hard, sacrificing thouands of lives, so that people could be free to object and argue and protest, not only about each other, but about their government. They would, indeed, turn in their collective graves if they could see how those ideals are twisted by the conservative right.

Your peculiar belief that we, as foreign-born nationals, should be denied the freedom of expression or oppossition is merely another example of the kind of ignorant, illogical hypocrisy and short-sightedness of which we complain.
Old May 18th 2005, 5:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

.........we have our own fair share of loons in the UK too don't we!!
to be fair, Chav's have kept Burberry afloat for a few years now
Old May 18th 2005, 5:43 am

Pigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant futurePigtails has a brilliant future

Snowbunny, I can't believe I'm the only one so far to call you a liberal twat?

From a Bush Conservative!
Old May 18th 2005, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

The Tories fought an election campaign largely based on immigration control...
...and lost!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.