Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is quality of life?

Wikiposts

What is quality of life?

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is quality of life?

I remember going downtown to see a houston rocket game around 8PM, the place was a ghost town. We had to drive through a ghetto which scared the living daylights out of me. This is from someone who grew up in London and seen a lot of rough incidents but nothing close to this, every day we watched the news someone had got short, floods all the time (YUCK). As for clothes shopping, I was not really impressed with anything there.

Originally Posted by dinosaur
Ditto, except for in my case replace California with Connecticut - very different, but *not* Houston :-)

From what I remember from a few years ago, my list of great things in Houston amounted to:
1) great shopping
2) um...
3) that's it.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:01 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by veryfunny
I remember going downtown to see a houston rocket game around 8PM, the place was a ghost town. We had to drive through a ghetto which scared the living daylights out of me. This is from someone who grew up in London and seen a lot of rough incidents but nothing close to this, every day we watched the news someone had got short, floods all the time (YUCK). As for clothes shopping, I was not really impressed with anything there.

yep only it's worse now with all the louisiana lot here....clothes shopping is ok just so old fashioned compared to london...have to say i've never witnessed shootings or any violence, we live in a good/safe (lol fingers crossed) area with 24hr guards...lol sounds like a prison...and nope i'm not impressed with anything...
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:59 am
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TruBrit
yep only it's worse now with all the louisiana lot here....clothes shopping is ok just so old fashioned compared to london...have to say i've never witnessed shootings or any violence, we live in a good/safe (lol fingers crossed) area with 24hr guards...lol sounds like a prison...and nope i'm not impressed with anything...
Isnt that so true I look online at next and the clothes are just so nice here you have a choice of Gap, BAnana rebublic(gap) Old navy (gap) its one look in 3 qualities cheap expensive and extortionate.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by nottsinCT
Isnt that so true I look online at next and the clothes are just so nice here you have a choice of Gap, BAnana rebublic(gap) Old navy (gap) its one look in 3 qualities cheap expensive and extortionate.
lol there's always walmart
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Not really looked on line - but if you cant find clothes in the US cheaper than UK you arent looking hard enough. I love Next and always stock up when i go home - but it costs a fortune!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Big D
Not really looked on line - but if you cant find clothes in the US cheaper than UK you arent looking hard enough. I love Next and always stock up when i go home - but it costs a fortune!!!

for sure there are clothes cheaper than home but what kind of clothes are you talking about...lol last seasons
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a M & S type of girl myself.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm a M & S type of girl myself.
like their nickers....even m&s fashions beat this lot here...
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

for sure there are clothes cheaper than home but what kind of clothes are you talking about...lol last seasons

dedicated follower of fashion me.....
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:22 am
Account Closed

dedicated follower of fashion me.....
lol i like next clothes, good value, good price.....as for here hmmmm probably get a better selection in new york....
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

lol i like next clothes, good value, good price.....as for here hmmmm probably get a better selection in new york....
n'ah - there is nothing you can get in NY that you couldnt get in the Galleria!! Not that that would be cheap - oh bollox my arguement has self destructed!

Look - its cheaper here than at home - period - it just is la la la la la la
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:26 am
Account Closed

n'ah - there is nothing you can get in NY that you couldnt get in the Galleria!! Not that that would be cheap - oh bollox my arguement has self destructed!

lol just keep talkin'...
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:41 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently that's where the original saying "Mind the Gap" comes from!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:43 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha, you said period!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, but it is cheap over here because it's piss poorly made, even GAP stuff over here falls apart a lot quicker, not double stitched etc...might be cheap, but that goes for the quality too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.