Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What do you miss/wish you had bought more with you?

What do you miss/wish you had bought more with you?

Old Jan 20th 2020, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

ss120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond reputess120396 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you miss/wish you had bought more with you?

Originally Posted by ScottishChris
Say goodbye to good chocolate!! US chocolate is nasty!! Stock up on Cadbury before you leave :-)

I wish I brought my old Mini - since they don’t have them over here they sell for a premium.
Have you tried Dove? That's a good mass market US chocolate. Also I would give Hershey's Symphony a try. Nothing like the regular vomit-tasting Hershey's bars, much better. Some places have German chocolate like Milka and Ritter Sport. Aldi has own brand European chocolate for cheap. Their sister store Trader Joe's has excellent, reasonably priced Belgian chocolate. Scharffen Berger does a nice bar that's a hybrid of milk and dark chocolate, so much better than any sugary Hershey or Cadbury crap IMO. I would not bother bringing Dairy Milk to the US, I've found it easy to get chocolate that's as good or better. You just have to try out new brands that you may not have heard of or be used to.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 6:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ss120396
Have you tried Dove? That's a good mass market US chocolate. Also I would give Hershey's Symphony a try. Nothing like the regular vomit-tasting Hershey's bars, much better. Some places have German chocolate like Milka and Ritter Sport. Aldi has own brand European chocolate for cheap. Their sister store Trader Joe's has excellent, reasonably priced Belgian chocolate. Scharffen Berger does a nice bar that's a hybrid of milk and dark chocolate, so much better than any sugary Hershey or Cadbury crap IMO. I would not bother bringing Dairy Milk to the US, I've found it easy to get chocolate that's as good or better. You just have to try out new brands that you may not have heard of or be used to.
My g/f loves good chocolate and is not impressed by Cadburys at all (nor Hersheys). I noticed she's been picking up 'Ritter Sport' at the checkout of our local grocery store and (I think) Trader Joes.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ss120396
not overly bothered by chocolate thankfully I like a twix now and then. It’s more biscuits and certain crisps I will defo miss and stuffing,
mushy peas and bisto best. Could always get onion or veg if the meat ones are a problem