Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What did you think of the U.S., before you moved here?

What did you think of the U.S., before you moved here?

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:27 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What did you think of the U.S., before you moved here?

Originally Posted by Pony
I was caught out with having your name printed on the checks. When I first got here I opened a bank account a few weeks before we moved home. I thought I was being smart by buying my checks in bulk and saving money. I was really gutted when they arrived (all 4 boxes of them) with my then old address printed all over them!
I resent paying for checks, so I recently dumped Bank of America and switched to WaMu. My landlord wants a check, so I have to keep some in the house.
aye, same here, but the weird thing, it doesn't matter if the address doesn't match up, our cheques are about one to two addresses old
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by surly
It's all available here, you just don't seem to know about it.
I have accounts with Wells Fargo, Washington Mutual and Fidelity.
I have debit cards, credit cards, direct deposit, bill pay online transfers.
I don't get what you're on about.
That's great for you, but there aren't any of those banks in my neck of the woods, and it's not like I'm living in rural maine either.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:42 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
I'm with TruBrit on that one. I'd rather put up with the nit wits, than have the next door house painted pink and purple!
Not me.... it's creative!

The HOA can only enforce what's in the restrictive covenants. I have threatened to sue mine and they've backed down, because they were overreaching what was in the RCs. They try to CTA by putting in very vague language but it often falls apart upon review. There is for example a "plant palette" (gag) referred to in the RCs, but there's not an actual list, so they said "just don't plant a mimosa." Well, if I wanted to plant a mimosa I bloody well would because there isn't a plant palette and I laugh at the thought of them putting one together.