Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

What is it about the septic's that make a load of other nationalities dislike them?

What is it about the septic's that make a load of other nationalities dislike them?

Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: What is it about the septic's that make a load of other nationalities dislike the

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I've heard quite a few American men saying over here, "we're pregnant".

No they're bloody well not - their wife/girlfriend is the pregnant one!

Yes I know that the word 'pregnant' means expecting/waiting but when it is in the context of someone carrying a child it normally means the woman is pregnant and not the man!
Thats right.

She says "I'm pregnant"

then

he says "I'm skint"
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is it about the septic's that make a load of other nationalities dislike the

Wealth, freedom, loudness, foreign policy, Economic success, corruption (ENRON) etc.

Originally Posted by MJC
Not me, I love 'em, but there are certain nationalities that really don't like the yanks. Why? I dunno.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by veryfunny
Wealth, freedom, loudness, foreign policy, Economic success, corruption (ENRON) etc.
Enough about the French...what about the USA?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

lol lol
Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Enough about the French...what about the USA?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:06 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
Hmmm, why would anyone not like yanks?
Lets see....foreign policy aside (if that is possible), alot of them appear to live up to the stereotypes of being rude, arrogant, ignorant etc.
ANyone in a foreign country ends up being an ambassador for their country. If people meet one yank like I described, they are probably going to take a dislike to any others.

Aside from politics-that could indeed apply to any nationality and the basics of human nature-there are not just "Ugly Americans"-there are Ugly Germans, Ugly French and yes, even Ugly Brits. I have seen all of these stereotypes (to include fellow Americans) in action. Thankfully, I'd like to think I am broad minded enough so as not to dismiss a whole country as being full of undesirables by the actions of a few gits, twits and wankers.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:52 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Aside from politics-that could indeed apply to any nationality and the basics of human nature-there are not just "Ugly Americans"-there are Ugly Germans, Ugly French and yes, even Ugly Brits. I have seen all of these stereotypes (to include fellow Americans) in action. Thankfully, I'd like to think I am broad minded enough so as not to dismiss a whole country as being full of undesirables by the actions of a few gits, twits and wankers.

Can we stop talking about the French please?
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is it about the septic's that make a load of other nationalities dislike them?

Originally Posted by MJC
Not me, I love 'em, but there are certain nationalities that really don't like the yanks. Why? I dunno.

'Cos they (septics) fell in love with themselves at an early age and never got over it!

(Don't tell my husband I said that ! )
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:23 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by veryfunny
lol lol
Don't you mean to say "very funny"?

~ Jenney
Old Dec 11th 2005, 5:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney
very funny
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:10 pm
Banned

Nia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really niceNia_Nia is just really nice
Default Re: What is it about the septic's that make a load of other nationalities dislike them?

I find that a lot of yanks get overly touchy about things and the fact that if something doesn't happen in their little world then that means it doesn't happen at all.
I think the fact that a lot of Americans believe that their way of doing things is the best way annoys people.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:39 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Thats right.

She says "I'm pregnant"

then

he says "I'm skint"
She says "do you want to be skint alive or dead?"
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:39 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nia_Nia
I think the fact that a lot of Americans believe that their way of doing things is the best way annoys people.
Complete wilful lack of education. Huge pond, small fish who rarely get the chance to meet any other sort of fish, let alone swim in another pond.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ABSOLUTELY

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:45 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cindyabs

It's okay, there are plenty of yanks who can defend themselves In fact they are really good at reasoning with countries that they disagree with
Anyway, this thread is about why people dont like yanks, so why don't you make a positive contribution and think of a reason why we wouldnt like yanks, like maybe their "holier than thou" attitude??
Old Dec 13th 2005, 2:46 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Complete wilful lack of education. Huge pond, small fish who rarely get the chance to meet any other sort of fish, let alone swim in another pond.

We have a winner!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.