Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to the USA / Florida

Wanting to move to the USA / Florida

Old Jun 29th 2018, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Thomasthomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move to the USA / Florida

Hello I am wanting to move to Florida with my other half I work at macdonalds I been ther for 11 years and my other half is a nurse I don’t no wer to start to get the ball moveing any help out ther 😀thank you
Old Jun 29th 2018, 8:23 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to the USA / Florida

Originally Posted by Thomasthomas
Hello I am wanting to move to Florida with my other half I work at macdonalds I been ther for 11 years and my other half is a nurse I don’t no wer to start to get the ball moveing any help out ther � ����thank you
Welcome to the forum.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by caretaker
Welcome to the forum.
thank you happy to be part off it
Old Jun 29th 2018, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Are you or your other half US citizens or directly related to one?

The reality is, without direct sponsorship, it is not going to happen. Positions at McDonald's do not qualify for a visa and, most nursing positions don't either, so unless you can find another way by reading Pulaski's Ways, it's a pipe dream and that's all it will ever be.

Why Florida anyway? It's nothing like it looks from a two week vacation to the House of Mouse!
Old Jun 29th 2018, 9:58 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

This has to be a troll. Can't spell his "employer's" name?

Last edited by Octang Frye; Jun 29th 2018 at 11:28 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2018, 11:17 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Sure. That’s exactly what the country needs...more fast food.

But there are occasionally options for nurses. I believe O’Grady Peyton are the best for this. You say “other half”. If you’re not married then you won’t be coming here together unless you both qualify independently for a visa (very unlikely). The only option for a McD’s employee would be a high-level corporate employee on a management transfer, potentially.

You do realize, I hope, that the mere fact that you can afford long-haul overseas holidays means your standard of living is already considerably higher than the average McD’s employee and nurse here. Why move thousands of miles from home to be poorer?
Old Jun 30th 2018, 2:53 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Sure. That’s exactly what the country needs...more fast food.

But there are occasionally options for nurses. I believe O’Grady Peyton are the best for this. You say “other half”. If you’re not married then you won’t be coming here together unless you both qualify independently for a visa (very unlikely). The only option for a McD’s employee would be a high-level corporate employee on a management transfer, potentially.

You do realize, I hope, that the mere fact that you can afford long-haul overseas holidays means your standard of living is already considerably higher than the average McD’s employee and nurse here. Why move thousands of miles from home to be poorer?
where did Tom say he had ever been here to sunny florida?
Old Jun 30th 2018, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Thank your for feed back how come it’s so hard to move there and nurse have slim chance aswell we haven’t picked were to live in Florida
Old Jun 30th 2018, 7:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank your for feed back how come it’s so hard to move there and nurse have slim chance aswell we haven’t picked were to live in Florida
Because the US has plenty of fast food workers and nurses there already, they don't need foreign ones. Essentially, what they want are highly skilled (engineers, doctors, etc), and qualified (a degree as a minimum, a masters or PhD gives even more chance of a visa) people, and they can afford to be picky.

Nobody has given it to you yet, so have a look at the list of possible visas here and you can see how tough most of them are to qualify for - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulas...ork_in_the_USA

If you see any routes that may work for you, just shout and somebody will be happy to give you more info. It may also be worth asking about your expected salary in the US, as without the safety net of the UK's benefit system and the NHS it could be tough.

Good luck.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:39 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Despite it's reputation as an the land of the free, and the communal delusions of an imminent immigrant takeover, the US is actually one of the most difficult places to get a visa to live and work.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
Despite it's reputation as an the land of the free, and the communal delusions of an imminent immigrant takeover, the US is actually one of the most difficult places to get a visa to live and work.
I didn’t no this I thought australia would be the hardest to get in
Old Jun 30th 2018, 9:55 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I didn’t no this I thought australia would be the hardest to get in
They have points based visas and working holiday visas. The US has neither. My sister and her partner emigrated to Aus from the UK last year, they would never have got one for the US until I was a USC and could sponsor them, and it would have taken 15 years or more.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
They have points based visas and working holiday visas. The US has neither. My sister and her partner emigrated to Aus from the UK last year, they would never have got one for the US until I was a USC and could sponsor them, and it would have taken 15 years or more.
how come it’s sooo hard to get in has it always been like this and we’re do fill in a form to see if u can get accepted
Old Jun 30th 2018, 10:45 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

how come it’s sooo hard to get in has it always been like this and we’re do fill in a form to see if u can get accepted

We have already told you why but here goes again. It’s so hard to get in because the USA only wants highly skilled workers such as doctors, engineers, scientists, professors, etc. Immigration here is based on what the country needs, not what the immigrant wants. To get a work visa a company has to sponsor you and prove to the government that you are what the country needs. You can’t apply for a work visa as an individual. There is no form to fill out. If it were as simple as that, you’d already be here.

The other option is family immigration. But you haven’t given any information as to whether those categories apply to you.
Old Jun 30th 2018, 10:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Please have a careful read of this information from the BE Wiki, and see if there is any sort of visa you would qua;ify for, working visas HAVE to be sponsored by an employer who has offered you a job, usually the minimum requirement is a degree, preferably a masters degree. There is no visa YOU can apply fro yourself unless it is an investment visa and you have a LOT of money to invest. Most people will only ever be visitors to the US.

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulas...ork_in_the_USA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.