Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Wanting to move to the USA / Florida

Wanting to move to the USA / Florida

Old Jul 17th 2018, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to the USA / Florida

Originally Posted by caretaker
He had no idea but does now, so good luck to him whatever he does. Florida has hurricanes and all sorts of dangerous fauna and more crime than I like (in my limited experience) so they may be better off not going.
+ sunburnt old people.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
I don't know - why did you come?

Your claim is as unsubstantiated as jeepster's about 43 million Central Americans.

This thread doesn't need to become yet another unhinged right/left hysteria-fest on immigration.
I made a comment deduced from my own personal observations, I would expect you to make your own conclusions based on your own life experiences, assuming you have had some.

I can't speak for 43 million Central Americans, although there don't appear to be 43 million people stood outside the border posts/crossing points clambering to get to the US border and there do appear to be people living in Central America so I'd hazard a guess that not all of them want to live in the US.

As for me, I have an American wife and easily transferable skills, my kids were living independently before age 18, whilst hers are still at home in their 20's and acting like mine were at 14 so it didn't take a genius to work out that it would be better for us if I moved here. I was about to move to Bulgaria before I met my wife and would be more than happy living in France again, both of which have more in common culturally with the UK than the US and in neither of which will the natives ever accost me unbidden upon hearing my accent and with wistful eyes unload stories of their Scottish, Irish, Welsh, English ancestry.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

PetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond reputePetrifiedExPat has a reputation beyond repute

OP is a troll, that's for sure!