Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Voting Today

Voting Today

Old Nov 7th 2006, 5:57 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Voting Today

Is anybody on here (besides of course, our beloved septics) eligible to vote?

Just in case any of you are; here are some tips on how to make your vote count (that were emailed to me today by a Yank friend in the know.)

If you vote on Electronic Voting Machines, be sure to select the candidates that you are actually voting for and ask for a paper receipt. Check the summary screen very carefully before you submit your final confirmation.

Do not select the option of voting "straight ticket." After independent testing and in-the-field claims, this is a situation where a lot of discrepancies appear. Instead, individually select all of the candidates that you wish to vote for.

Ask for your "I voted today" sticker.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Voting Today

I can't vote ................. But even if I could there are two candidates running for some position in the NY state area called 'John Sweeny' and 'Kirsten Gillibrand' .......... If I had the right to vote I would vote for niether of them because all I see on TV is each of them telling us what nasty scheeme the other has been up to........ I want to know what they are going to do thats right, not what each persons opponent has done wrong.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:03 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

All I know is that I will be delirously happy to NOT listen to all the campaign commercials and media evaluations of what will happen...or not.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I can't vote ................. But even if I could there are two candidates running for some position in the NY state area called 'John Sweeny' and 'Kirsten Gillibrand' .......... If I had the right to vote I would vote for niether of them because all I see on TV is each of them telling us what nasty scheeme the other has been up to........ I want to know what they are going to do thats right, not what each persons opponent has done wrong.
I cannot vote either but that is all I have heard as well,accusation and counter accusation. This includes both parties. I want to know what each want to do for the people they represent but unfortunately that is the same the whole world over when it comes to politics, imo.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:46 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Is anybody on here (besides of course, our beloved septics) eligible to vote?

Just in case any of you are; here are some tips on how to make your vote count
I think you mean

Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:18 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
All I know is that I will be delirously happy to NOT listen to all the campaign commercials and media evaluations of what will happen...or not.
I agree and as I previously stated US campaign adds make me miss the old Party Political/Election Broadcasts.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:34 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

I will be going along this morning to vote
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:37 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dan_alford
I agree and as I previously stated US campaign adds make me miss the old Party Political/Election Broadcasts.
Boring as hell but infinitely preferable to paid-for campaign ads!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah

Do not select the option of voting "straight ticket."
Ask for your "I voted today" sticker.
IHMO, after voting in every primary and election I'm able to vote in for the last 40 years, anyone who votes a straight party ticket is an idiot, fool and dimwit.

The purpose of joining a party is only so that you can vote in the primary. You do not have to join a partyline in order to be eligible to vote.

I think this is something that new voters should be made aware of when they register to vote.

Our district uses polling machines and frankly I dislike having the non-general public know who or how I voted. The vote is suppose to be private and unknown to anyone but yourself. However, once you sign the sheet at the polling place you are given a number and that number is plugged into the machine and then you close the curtain, make your choice and the choice is locked in when you open the curtains. What most people do not understand is that all they have to do is match your number to the number on the machine and your vote is known to every tom, dick and harriet that mans the polling place on election day and the politicans themselves. Think it stinks!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 1:55 pm
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Boring as hell but infinitely preferable to paid-for campaign ads!
But the main selling point is they are avoidable unlike the ever permeable ads here. They also don't go negative ( well no where near as negative).
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a campaign commercial yesterday that was actually the candidate outlining his policies.

I have no idea who he was though!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you only need a copy of a utility bill with your name on it to vote in CO.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:20 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I saw a campaign commercial yesterday that was actually the candidate outlining his policies.

I have no idea who he was though!
can't have been a democrat as we don't seem to have any.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:45 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

I'm voting this morning and will be crossing party lines many times.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Voting Today

I can't vote, but would be voting Democrat if I could. I am hoping the Dems take over both Both Houses. Our Governor here in Florida is due to retire this time, he can't run again, but I expect the Republicans will hold onto the Governorship, unless a miracle happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.