Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Visiting New York!

Visiting New York!

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:11 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting New York!

Originally Posted by BrandonBrit
Sounds like a fab time Liz, glad you got to do the tourist things, we did the tourist stuff a few years back and it was brilliant....

600 bucks for a night on the town? But if you enjoyed yourselves it was well worth it

Re the heating bills.... astronomical here my woman.. I'd rather run the A/C for six months during an AZ summer than the heat here in a NE winter...they charge friggin; delivery charges here... you seem to pay more for that than the usage
We did get some food too, it wasn't all spent on alcohol, but we did drink quite a bit.

As for the gas bill, a third of the bill is the 'delivery charge' whatever that means.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:17 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
Glad that you had a great time, it's sounds like you packed a lot of sight seeing in during a short space of time. What in the heck did you order to come to $600 for 5 people??? You must have drank a hell of a lot!
I thought that you were going to meet up with more people than you did. And as you haven't mentioned how cold it was you must have been able to keep yourself warm with the alcohol!
Yeah, we had a superb time, lots of good memories! We were surprised about how much stuff we managed to pack in, but time always seems to go very slowly when we don't have Tyler, it's great!

Englishmum was gonna come, but the trains were all messed up & she couldn't make it in the end. We experienced problems with the trains ourselves & ended up losing a few hours which was a tad annoying. Hopefully we can meet up with her & a few others next time.

The weather wasn't too bad & as it was the coldest on our first day, it just got better & better after that. I bought a cardigan, a nice warm coat, a hat & a scarf with me, so I was all snuggled up! On the plane home, we were watching the news...snow in NYC, it started snowing just after we got on the plane.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:24 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, we had a superb time, lots of good memories! We were surprised about how much stuff we managed to pack in, but time always seems to go very slowly when we don't have Tyler, it's great!

Englishmum was gonna come, but the trains were all messed up & she couldn't make it in the end. We experienced problems with the trains ourselves & ended up losing a few hours which was a tad annoying. Hopefully we can meet up with her & a few others next time.

The weather wasn't too bad & as it was the coldest on our first day, it just got better & better after that. I bought a cardigan, a nice warm coat, a hat & a scarf with me, so I was all snuggled up! On the plane home, we were watching the news...snow in NYC, it started snowing just after we got on the plane.

Well if upstate is anything to go by then it hasn't stopped snowing since!