US or Them

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:48 pm
ImHere

Default Re: US or Them

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Are kazillions and squadoodles the correct mathematical terms?

Where did squadoodles come from? That's my new favourite word!
I had to K it just for the use of Squadoodles.

Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:50 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
I had to K it just for the use of Squadoodles.
Lol - me too!
Old Jul 14th 2005, 11:51 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

I've been in the US for 15 years and hubby and I are now thinking about moving back to the UK once I get my US citizenship (I can't belive it's taken me this long to get around to applying for it!). We've lived in 3 different states and for the most part I've enjoyed my time here, but I'm getting itchy feet and my parents are getting on in age and I want to be able to spend more time with them, as well as other members of my family. Luckily, hubby, who is a USC, is more than willing to move back overseas (he's a military brat who spent a total of 15 years in Germany and Belgium) and my girls (ages 5 and 2) should still be young enough to adjust to moving to another country.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sibsie
Genius plan. Sadly Mr Sibsie is always one step ahead of me so any skulduggery on my part re moving home would get a swift kick in the califlours. I need a super super genius plan, the likes of which have never previously been seen.

Sibsie....I want out and the wife doesnt.....you "now" want out and your hubby doesnt...........BRILLIANT
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
I want to be where my wife is, so I don't see me going "home" any time soon, which is fine by me as I love it here.

I want to be where my wife is too.......just wish she were in the UK.........one thing is for sure I wont be here for a lot longer.....I am sick and tired of it here.....too hot and humid in the summer and TOO cold in the winter......I just want to be back home with my own people......thats no disrespect to Americans but they are not my people never have been never will be
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:17 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Where did squadoodles come from? That's my new favourite word!
It's what my friends call a Sibsieism. If I don't know the correct term I make a word up.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:18 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Genius plan. Sadly Mr Sibsie is always one step ahead of me so any skulduggery on my part re moving home would get a swift kick in the califlours. I need a super super genius plan, the likes of which have never previously been seen.
Sue your bloody lawn mower
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:23 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
Sibsie....I want out and the wife doesnt.....you "now" want out and your hubby doesnt...........BRILLIANT
I don't want to jump on a plane and head off immediately or anything. It's just a lingering thought of something I'd like to do before my zimmer frame gets rusty.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:28 am
Just Joined

brit/usa has a brilliant futurebrit/usa has a brilliant futurebrit/usa has a brilliant futurebrit/usa has a brilliant futurebrit/usa has a brilliant futurebrit/usa has a brilliant futurebrit/usa has a brilliant future

I've been thinking about England a lot lately. I've been away three years with only one brief trip back. Much as I like my life over here, I'm really not sure that I want to end my days in America and often think that I would like at some point, to move back. Of course Mr Sibsie has no such ideas which leaves me a bit stuck.

Anyone else ever fancy living back in the UK or are you here til you're pushing up daisies?

I am from the Uk and my husband is a US citizen. We have been here for only 6 months but so far have no desire to return the the UK to live.
We had a high standard of living in the UK due partly to my husband having an extremly high paid job. However along with that goes alot of stress, long working hours and alot of travelling. We deceided that he needed to retire early from his job to save his sanity and his health. We were not able to do this in the UK and retain a similar standard of living so we started looking at the USA. We are able to have a similar house, cars and work only if we want to over here - and it is sunny.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:35 am
ImHere

I don't want to jump on a plane and head off immediately or anything. It's just a lingering thought of something I'd like to do before my zimmer frame gets rusty.
You can sue if a bit breaks off and lances you through both thighs you know.

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Mystic Meg.
whatever happened to that old coot?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:37 am
ImHere

Originally Posted by Bob
whatever happened to that old coot?
Dunno...but you'd have thought she would've seen it coming.

Old Jul 15th 2005, 12:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

That used to be our plan, move back after 5 years, that then became 10 then 15, now we are nearly at 20 years and are still here and probably are for the long haul now. Kids are married and eventually we will have grandbabies so we wont want to move back then.

I must admit I dont even want to bother with visiting England now. The last few trips have been so stressful having to visit everyone that I have been ready to come back to Texas after the first few days. I do miss a lot of people and places though, but then again that may just be a normal "getting older and more emotional" phase I'm going through
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:12 am
C.G.D.S

You can sue if a bit breaks off and lances you through both thighs you know.
Well my FIL did lawn mow into my truck this week. He uses one of those sit on jobs and since his last stroke he has no balance at all. I hear the distant sound of ka-chiiiiiiiing. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old Jul 15th 2005, 1:36 am
ImHere

Well my FIL did lawn mow into my truck this week. He uses one of those sit on jobs and since his last stroke he has no balance at all. I hear the distant sound of ka-chiiiiiiiing. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'll be your legal representative

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.