Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US schools and the Pledge

US schools and the Pledge

Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:40 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US schools and the Pledge

Originally Posted by dakota44
France might lead the list of the worst offenders in that category.
Taking a pop at the poor old frogs are we ? My mate Alex at Uni was a frog and all he did was bitch about France. I think it's the Aussies who can't see fault in their country more than the French.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
And blind haters who never see the good....
That is exactly why one has to see all the shades of gray. Nothing is simply black and white.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:41 am
Banned

Haggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond reputeHaggerwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix
And blind haters who never see the good....
Very profound for a Cyberman
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggerwood
Taking a pop at the poor old frogs are we ? My mate Alex at Uni was a frog and all he did was bitch about France. I think it's the Aussies who can't see fault in their country more than the French.
I might be a bit unfair towards the French...but as a nation they do seem to have a superiority complex.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:42 am
Banned

That is exactly why one has to see all the shades of gray. Nothing is simply black and white.
Except for Giuliani versus Hillary.

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Very profound for a Cyberman
We have been upgraded.
Banned

I might be a bit unfair towards the French...but as a nation they do seem to have a superiority complex.
If I was French I would have a superiority complex as well......... OK that was a complete lie.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Elections are the shades of bruises.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:48 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL ... thank you for levity. As a New Yorker I know them both from a front row seat in the political theater.

On that note, I must retire for the night from this very interesting and provocative thread.

Thanks to all for your wonderful contributions and here's hoping the OP finds a way to have peace and harmony in her life and the lives of her family no matter what decision they come to.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by goldcrown
I'm also seeing that quite a few school districts in NC (and SC, for that matter, since so many live in SC but work in Charlotte) allow paddling of students. Does anyone have experience with your kids in such a district? Did you sign a waiver or ??
Corporal punishment isn't that big of a deal believe me. Where I went to school in Bishops Stortford, Herts most schools still had capital punishment.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:21 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

I wish they'd re-instate it around the world, if you ask me!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:22 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Can you blame them? Cheeses, bread, wines.....I'd also feel superior..food of the gods....
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

England doesn't have any flaws that I know of.
wales is attached
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:26 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
You have the right to freedom of expression but that freedom also includes the obligation to participate in the government that grants you that freedom. Running away to live outside of its boundaries and not participating by voting is not being a citizen and that goes for whatever your nationality is. Unless you are from a country that denies you the right to vote in absentia when you are no longer a legal resident of that country, i.e. Canada, you should participate in your country's government by voting. The changes your vote might make happen will effect you whether you return to live there or not.
That's all very well and good, but the practicality of being an oversea's voter means you really don't have a chance...postal ballet gets sent to you a few days before voting, by the time you receive it and send it back, it's to late.

Proxy vote works fine if you lived in the same county as your proxy, but it's a hassle if you didn't live in the same county.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 3:29 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Rete
Ask yourself what your reaction would be to a Brit who is in tears because they were being forced to return to the UK against their wishes and better judgment to live a life that they feel is inferior to the one they now have. And be honest about it.
you tell 'em to not do it, and give them a bit of slack for being a bit depressed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.