Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Passport Question

US Passport Question

Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:32 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Passport Question

Originally Posted by Nutek
Not now that you've said it out loud.
Ah, away with that. Took them a week to cash the check, I think we'll be fine

(As long as I get mine, the wife has hers already. We can leave the kids here and go by ourselves )
Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:33 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Ah, away with that. Took them a week to cash the check, I think we'll be fine

(As long as I get mine, the wife has hers already. We can leave the kids here and go by ourselves )

They ARE good at check cashing.

Immigration was good at that part as well.

Joking aside, I think I had mine back in about 10 days or so.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:35 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

4 weeks so far, neither pp or cert has arrived yet.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:36 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Slowpoke.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 4:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek
They ARE good at check cashing.

Immigration was good at that part as well.

Joking aside, I think I had mine back in about 10 days or so.
Yeah, they can get to the bank right quick, for sure.

I'm not worried about the passport, even if it takes the full six weeks, I'm fine.
Old Mar 11th 2014, 5:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

It takes the postal service mule a long time to make it all the way to Tampa.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
You can check processing times here if you haven't already, and once you submit the application, about a week later, you can start checking the status of your application as well.

http://travel.state.gov/content/pass...ing-times.html
Thanks so much for the link
Old Mar 12th 2014, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Once I complete the paperwork, I will post the timeline for the passport
Old Mar 12th 2014, 1:25 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It takes the postal service mule a long time to make it all the way to Tampa.
I'm also waiting for an "inter office" delivery from Minneapolis - 2 weeks so far. The Bicycle Courier is probably in your neck of the woods at the moment
Old Mar 12th 2014, 2:01 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also waiting for an "inter office" delivery from Minneapolis - 2 weeks so far. The Bicycle Courier is probably in your neck of the woods at the moment.
I'll give him a cup of tea and a sandwich if I see him.
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:26 pm
BE Irregular

My Passport arrived today. 4 weeks, which is what I was told at the application place, but took with a pinch of salt. Apparently it was processed in New Orleans.

I kind of expected to get the Nat. Cert back first though. I guess I won't really need it again anyway.

My photo came out rather orange!
Old Mar 12th 2014, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

I kind of expected to get the Nat. Cert back first though. I guess I won't really need it again anyway.
You'll need it to replace a lost or stolen passport! Also, if you have any kids who were born outside the US, they'll need it to prove their own US citizenship. They'll also need it if they ever want to apply for a certificate of citizenship (via form N600).
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:00 pm
BE Irregular

All is well. The Certificate turned up today.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:18 pm

All is well. The Certificate turned up today.
Sounds like your passport was unexpectedly delayed because it took about a month for my Naturalization Certificate to be return too, but as I noted earlier, my passport only took two weeks.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Sounds like your passport was unexpectedly delayed because it took about a month for my Naturalization Certificate to be return too, but as I noted earlier, my passport only took two weeks.
Same for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.