Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK prices WOW

UK prices WOW

Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:48 am
Just Joined

Dually Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy UK prices WOW

Just returned from two weeks in the Oxford area. How the hell does anyone afford to live in the UK anymore. Gas at .95 per litre, a pint costs 2.20 and the prices at the grocery stores are crazy. :scared: Forget eating out, a pub lunch runs at least 10-12 per person. I'm not even going to mention the cost of houses... Dear old mum says "At least we have free medical." She doesn't realise that she's paying for it everytime she buys something. God bless the US
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:50 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UK prices WOW

Originally Posted by Dually Driver
Just returned from two weeks in the Oxford area. How the hell does anyone afford to live in the UK anymore. Gas at .95 per litre, a pint costs 2.20 and the prices at the grocery stores are crazy. :scared: Forget eating out, a pub lunch runs at least 10-12 per person. I'm not even going to mention the cost of houses... Dear old mum says "At least we have free medical." She doesn't realise that she's paying for it everytime she buys something. God bless the US
Gosh thats so expensive. I dont know why everyone stuck in good old blighty doesnt just jump off Beachy Head and have done with it.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:53 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Petrol, expensive.
Eating out, expensive.
Houses, f**king ridiculous.
Beer, ok.

Living in a country where I don't have to come onto an internet chatroom to find more than 3 people with a sense of humour - PRICELESS
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Dually Driver]Just returned from two weeks in the Oxford area. How the hell does anyone afford to live in the UK anymore.

That's exactly what my husband said when we were there at Christmas. Although medical costs in the US are a worry. You are OK if you have med/prescription insurance, good health and lots of money, although if you have a long term illness the latter is soon eaten away. On the other hand my mother who cannot walk due to arthritis in her knees was waiting years before the NHS would perform surgery. On the day of her surgery she was told that at 80 she had become too frail for such a major op. :scared:

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Petrol, expensive.
Eating out, expensive.
Beer, ok.

Living in a country where I don't have to come onto an internet chatroom to find more than 3 people with a sense of humour - PRICELESS
Well said, I'm so tired of 'behaving myself'

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Petrol, expensive.
Eating out, expensive.
Beer, ok.

klaatu barada nikto
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Petrol, expensive.
Eating out, expensive.
Beer, ok.

You are just tooooo funny. How's the eye bye the way?
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:57 am
Ben
BE Enthusiast

Ben has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond reputeBen has a reputation beyond repute

Petrol, expensive.
Eating out, expensive.
Beer, ok.

LOL, now that was funny
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:00 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Gosh thats so expensive. I dont know why everyone stuck in good old blighty doesnt just jump off Beachy Head and have done with it.
this would probably lower houses prices in the long run
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:00 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You are just tooooo funny. How's the eye bye the way?
A few bottles of san miguel and some tapas on friday night seemed to do the trick
Thanks for asking
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:03 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
this would probably lower houses prices in the long run
And solve the NHS crisis, unemployment, schools, housing and benefits all in one fell swoop. Infact i think I shall offer myself up for the next election with my new social reforms policy....anyone that cant work/wont work/is a scrounging chav bastard shall be summarily thrown off Beachy Head.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:05 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

And solve the NHS crisis, unemployment, schools, housing and benefits all in one fell swoop. Infact i think I shall offer myself up for the next election with my new social reforms policy....anyone that cant work/wont work/is a scrounging chav bastard shall be summarily thrown off Beachy Head.
Hoooray!!!!!!! I'll vote for you.....

Get a move on then so I can afford to move back
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:13 am
No, it's toe-mart-o!

Chandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant futureChandler has a brilliant future

I havent been back to Oxford for a couple of years but is beer if down to 2.20 a pint then the landlords owe me a rebate on my student loans!
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
Hoooray!!!!!!! I'll vote for you.....

Get a move on then so I can afford to move back
Got to wait till our Tone steps down...

I think about 80% (ie the working, non-chav part) of the population will vote for me.
Old Feb 21st 2006, 1:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Got to wait till our Tone steps down...

I think about 80% (ie the working, non-chav part) of the population will vote for me.
Now come on. Stop being modest. At least 99.9% would vote for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.